This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are PS2 people stuck?

Are we stuck with the limits of the PS2 or is there a way to hack the game to a higher resoultion? I would love to see FFXI on a higher resoultion, but my poor little notebook wont handle it...
    The day Ronald McDonald is good at DDR, is the day this world ends.

Re: Are PS2 people stuck?

In a word, no.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

There was a thread for PC version to have a higher resolution, by doing a reg edit... didn't really see the point though... unless you play on a hi-def monitor or something of the like...

Comment

i've got the same Idea as Sir Orth there has to be a way to change the screen res on the ps2, since the ps2 ver. seems like just i pc port(I know the ps2 ver. came out before the pc)
        and the Xbox 360 ver. is the same just with higher res. even if it was only @ 800x600 that would still look way better then the current 640x480 look eww, won't really know till I can get my hands on a desktop to put my ps2 HDD on and do a little exlporing (I only have a notebook)

Comment

Judging from the thread's title and his "...but my poor little notebook won't handle it," I think he means "Is there a way to make the game run at a higher resolution on my PS2?" As far as I know, you can't...

Comment

actually there is a way to make ps2 games look better. its going to depend on your TV on what type of connection it can recieve. the ps2 video is capable of using RCA plugs (normal quality), S video (better quality) and component video (best quality) so check your tv on what it can use and buy the video connnection to your ps2.
            sro D E S T R U C T I O N orz

Comment

actually there is a way to make ps2 games look better. its going to depend on your TV on what type of connection it can recieve. the ps2 video is capable of using RCA plugs (normal quality), S video (better quality) and component video (best quality) so check your tv on what it can use and buy the video connnection to your ps2.
              that will not give you a higher resolution, just make the picture a bit clearer.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Think about it, if it could be run at a higher resolution, it would already be set that way! It would make the game look much better (as anyone w/ the PC version can tell you), and it would be an easy way to up the graphics. But, since the PS2 cannot do it, of course it won't be possible.
                Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

No, PS2 already lags on its' current res. Anything higher would cause it to explode.

Comment

Even the dev team has said a lot reasons for the way they do things comes down to the limitations of the PS2, which is the "Weakest" of the systems in terms of computing power. Specificly, they are running into the fact that by comparison, the PS2 has very little memmory. This is why we have Mog Safe, Storage, Inventory, Armor Storage, Event Item Storage, etc.

Increased graphics = increased file size = increased memmory usage. The PS2 simply can't handle that much information.

In theory its possible to hook up your PS2 harddrive to your PC and edit the .dat files with other images, I suppose... but the effort to do so prolly isn't worth it in the least, and I would have no idea how to put that theory to practice.

Comment

Working...
                    X