Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

~I'm about to quit because of this...help PLEEAASSEEE!!!~

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ~I'm about to quit because of this...help PLEEAASSEEE!!!~

    Ok. Everytime I load up FFXI, its ok. I can usually get in game without a problem. However, after spending a random amount of time in game (10-20 minutes usually) my computer restarts for no reason. After that, I'm lucky to be able to stay in game for 3 minutes as it constantly boots me over and over, before it lets me on for another 10-20 minute span.

    What is wrong? Its been doing this for months, and I have been VERY patient. But I'm at the end of my rope. Any answers/conjectures?

    Edit: It also does this at my start up login screen. I am using Win XP, and whenever it gets to the "pick a user" screen, it sometimes restarts 3-5 times in a row. Then it gets me to the desktop, and also restarts a random number of times before settling down.

    This is VERY FRUSTRATING.


    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

  • #2
    can be a lot of things.

    goto control panel -> system -> advanced -> setup and recovery settings -> uncheck "automatic restart" under system failure. it sounds more like overheating or bad memory to me though, run a temperature check.

    Clean out your graphics card and clean out the dust in your computer.

    o... *piledrive khaeos*

    Comment


    • #3
      It still rebooted even with that unchecked. As much as it pains me, I'm going to have to send my computer off for a week to get it fixed by the manufactuar if I can't find a solution to my little problem.

      ; ; such sadness.


      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

      Comment


      • #4
        I am having this same problem, I am sure it is hardware, done so many system wipes. Would you mind listing your comp specs and I can see if we have any similar hardware.
        Alchemy 61.0

        Comment


        • #5
          yeah i have a similar problem

          i have had this problem that only lets me stay on the game for 20 minutes at the max. and then the receiving end goes down to zero and it says that the server has been timed out and it is called error code ffxi-4001 and it is pissing me off badly:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
          iiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmm back
          i m finally playing ffxi again after a few month break

          *Serzais*
          of Ragnarok
          -lord of theives-

          Comment


          • #6
            AMD Athlon 2100+ 1.72 Ghz Processor
            512 DDR RAM (single stick)
            GeForce4 MX 440 (128 MB I believe)
            Windows XP 5.1 Professional

            Those are the comp specs that I can think of that may have any impact on the game. If youneed anything specific let me know


            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

            Comment


            • #7
              What brand RAM and how big is your power supply? Also how is your cooling?

              Also when did your problem start ?
              Alchemy 61.0

              Comment


              • #8
                I have 2 internal fans cooling the inside of my PC, and I can add an outside fan easily.

                I'm not quite sure what RAM it is, but this started quite some months ago. I just got tired of it after all this time.


                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think my prob started near 2 months ago, find what type of RAM open up ur case, how many watts is your power supply?
                  Alchemy 61.0

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X