Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-registering Question

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re-registering Question

    Hey everyone. Could someone please help me with this? I got the PS2 version of FFXI back when it came out in March 2004. By around August I stopped playing it, because I had work and school so I didn't have time to play it. Today I decided I wanted to start playing it again. So i tried to log in with my old account, and it said it was invalid, which I expected since it had been about 3 months since I had played it. So I tried making a new account, and it said my registration codes were invalid. I have since learned about a stupid POL rule that says once your POL account has been canceled, after 3 months you can't use your registration codes anymore and you have to buy the game again. So here is where my question comes in: Could I buy the PC version ($30) instead of buying the PS2 version ($100) again? Could I then use the registration codes from that, and make a new account that I could use on my current PS2 version? And would all this work for my copy of Zilart that came with my PS2 version as well? Or am I screwed?

    PS: Sorry about the long post!

  • #2
    Yes, I believe you can do that. But why would you want to use the PS2 instead of the PC version????
    Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
    90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

    Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

    Comment


    • #3
      Well, when I got the PS2 version, my PC couldn't handle FFXI. I have since gotten a new graphics card, and my PC can get about 2200 on the benchmark on low setting. So now I suppose I could play it on the PC. Do you think I would be able to use the same account on both the PC and the PS2 versions?

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah, I have the PS2, PC, and Japanese PC versions...and I use the same account on all three versions.
        Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
        90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

        Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

        Comment


        • #5
          Cool man, thanks for the help.

          Comment

          Working...
          X