Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuuu, I was wondering if you could say, release the version that's just a menu translation? I dun wanna have to switch back to EN client, lol XD~

Comment

I'm sorry, but that's still not working as of right now.

If you're using the japanese client, and you can't read the menus of the program, how can you read the japanese client of the game?
      -Baka Inu!
      Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
      Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
      Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
      Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

No no, I can read it just fine. I want to distribute my raw log files to people in my LS static (who can't read Japanese) so they can use FFrep for themselves instead of me doing the text file summary export and manually translating

Comment

Well it still dosn't work, and I only have a really early alpha version of the code, and it seems I can't find my c# programmer anywhere online -_-;; :grumbles: where'd he go off to?
          -Baka Inu!
          Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]

Comment

Poor Inu ;;

/cheer

Hope it's making some progress :D

Comment

I dunno, he just like disapeared with the code too (I have a semi version of it, but ; I dunno

Anyone intrested in C# coding?
              -Baka Inu!

Comment

Well, if you can provide me with either
                a) a document detailing the format etc of the log files, or
                b) the ffrep source code,
                I'd probably be interested in adding an FFREP-like component to my POLUtils.
                Failing that, I could just try to reverse-engineer FFRep (thank god it's a non-obfuscated C#), but that'll take a bit longer.
                Author of POLUtils (with forums here).

Comment

I'm intrested in this program you have here, called POLUtil's. If you could provide me with a link, or a PM with the information on this program, maybe we can work together to produce a big program.

The current status is kinda unknown on the source code right now. I found my coder, He was in the process of moving accross country and he's back online now. So, with that out of the way we should be able to get back working on this program again.

THe only thing's we are having problems with as of right now is getting the english in the program to compile correctly to read a JP log. If we can get that to work, they we can release a beta version of the program for a few testers to test out, to see if it compares with FFRepJP.

Anyway, if you need to talk with me in more detail you can contact me by email at: TrunksAnime@gmail.com
                  or though AIM: liekomgzwtfbbq
                  -Baka Inu!

Comment

Wow, it's been awhile hasn't it? I have to run to class now but I'm going to post a long post later this afternoon when I get back about what I've been doing, and where I've been.
                    -Baka Inu!

Comment

You may wan't to compare FFRep against this ENGLISH PARSER.

Here is PEBBLE'S POLUtil's SITE. E-mail contact is at the bottom of the page.

If you have really grand plans, perhaps you can incorporate the ENGLISH MODEL VIEWER.

Before I forget, here is a STAT CALCULATOR.

FYI, the parser is written in VB I believe. If you can work with that, perhaps you could ask him for a copy of the source code, especially if there are features in FFRep not found in FFXIP. The guy quit playing FFXI, and may eventually quit supporting the parser. I hope you'll be able to pick up where he leaves off someday. . .
                      4 out of 3 people have a problem with fractions. . .

Comment

I know about the FFLP because well, I have copies of it. I havn't been playing FFXI for awhile now (I quit once I lost intrest in the game, and when my girlfriend picked up WoW, I decided I would too). I'm going to be comming back to FFXI soon and will pick up where I left off. As compared to the version I have of FFREP from about a year ago, to the version that's out now, I might as well just start over with the source code.

VB I know a little of, but it's a little flaky for me. I know more C++ and Java then I do VB/C#. Spyle is a nice guy, but I don't htink he has much intrest in supporting the Parser anymore, I dunno has he even released an update recently? I know i used version something for about 2 months before I quit FFXI.

It seems that the forum here has died down alot, alot of the posters I remember have left, and some have returned (I see Jei's back again =D).

Back to ENFFRep. The visual translation is about 90% complete. The problem I had with my last coder is he couldn't display the Japanese characters, and therefor when we tried to compile it, we couldn't use JPFFXI because the code was using non Japanese characters. I couldn't get him to understand that we had to complie it using hte japanese characters, or if I did, we never got htat far, because he kinda disapeared.

If people are looking to bring this project back up to date. I do need a C# Coder still. Also, given the current code, we'd most likely be better off scraping what's there and starting to write our own. I'm not sure if that's a valuiable option or not, but we'll see. Also in the process of putting a demo version of the program up online, soon as I can get it to read JP logs. Once it's done with that, we should be ready to go work on the translating of the C# files into english so they can parse the english logs.
                        -Baka Inu!

Comment

Re: FFRep Translation Project.

Wow, this project pretty much died. I'm looking to re-start it up again since I'm back >.> (Yea, I leave and come back alot >.>

But i'm here again! =X
                          -Baka Inu!

Comment

Hello,
                            i`m from europe (germany) and maybe i could help you.
                            i know some c/c++/vb and a very little of Java (but learning it atm).
                            but you mentioned that NA and EU version are (could be??) different??

do you need any coder? how deep is this going?
                            read the traffic or is it only looking into log-files on the hdd??
                            Monchichie

Ayumie

Comment

Hey, Inu. Back again, are we? I hope this gets off the ground . I'd love to see it done.

Corwynn's Journal

Red Mage for life.

What's worse than finding a worm in your apple?

Comment

ok
                                i took a look at the log files, the seem very easy

only missing is the named time stamp.
                                so i would try to build in one with checking the log files often. (i dunno with the perfomance)

i`ll try asap as i get c# or vusial studio.net
                                i can start already with the older (6.0) version for some testing.

see ya later
                                Monchichie

Ayumie

Comment

Working...
                                X