This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PORTS settings and problems FAQ

Hey, i live in an apartment complex where access to the router is prohibited, as well as info. on it. Am i screwed?

I cant get past one hour's worth of updating FFXI b/c the connection times out (error p-2059???) -- apparently when it comes to IP lease issue and expire, i only get one hour... does anyone know wat i'm talking about??

Oh yea, and am i screwed???

***An update on my lowly situation:
    well, i found out my IP address, DNS server #, etc., and configured my network connection to use these instead of automatically detecting for one -- this appears to have eliminated that issue and expire of IP address every hour, so i'm hoping that in one hour, my update will still be running... If not, ill be up on here again... (fingers most doubtfully crossed).
    Last edited by InnerDragon103; 04-23-2006, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Okay.. I dont get a public port thing.. My table for Port Forwarding on my linksys router is like this:

PLD47, WAR29

Comment

ok i am at total end of any reason of thought! been trying for 3 days - had to get new ps2 and when i load all goes fine until i reach the updates portion total updates are like 13,900plus and when it reaches 12,800something the whole thing just stops locks and will not go! also have a linskey<<spelling?
        any clues as to how to get past this?

Comment

my problem is that i am playing on a PS2 and need to set this port forewarding on the main computer in the house, when it asks me for application im not sure what to put in that field?

Comment

I have a Lynksys BEFSX41 and have set it up with the info from this thread, including enabling uPnP in both the router and POL and still get disconnected while updating with the POL-0205 error.

I've updated my router firmware with an Apr 2006 update from Lynksys and it made no difference.

What else do I need to do?

Edit: found out the problem is with the router. After bypassing it the patcher ran fine.

Hate to have to get another router. :|
            Last edited by Morgon; 07-12-2006, 05:25 PM.

Comment

The problem with the linksys routers, or at least my linksys router, is the firewall program that it runs. Even though it appears to be configured correctly, it will still cause connection errors. To avoid that, you can disable the firewall in the security settings of your router which should allow you to run the game without anymore "lost connection" errors. Just make sure that you turn your firewall back on after you finish gaming.

Not a great solution, but better than buying a new router or having to manaully bypass the router.

I should add that I have never had a problem with my router firewall for any other game before. Just with the PlayOnline service and FFXI. Odd.

Comment

Has anyone had any recent problems with logging into the game? I have not been able to log into the game since last Tuesday. I logged out in the morning, came back a few hours later and have not been able to log on since. I have placed many phone calls to my ISP and to SE tech supports. My ISP says it is the SE servers that are the problem, and SE says that it is my ISP that is the problem. I am at my wits end about this to say the least. Most of the info Ive gotten points to a DNS issue, but that could be wrong as well. Any suggestions? I have a Linksys router if that helps, and in the 2+ years I have been playing, this is the first major issue I have had, but I don't think my router, PC or PS2 setup are at fault.
                Name: Treabor
                Server : Fenrir
                Linkshell: NightStalkers / WildeCards / BombToss
                Jobs: BST75-NIN75-RDM71-WHM41-BLM37-WAR37-THF30-MNK30-SMN24-DRK1-SAM1-DRG1-PLD1-RNG1-BRD1

"I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence" - Ricky Bobby

Comment

thnx for the info i hope when i open these ports i can patch and play without getting d/c every 5mins. :/

This is realy the first game i have troubles with with my router.. realy strange... dont got it with other online mmo games or such ... like wow Anarchy or whatever.... anyhow when i am home i gunna try to open the ports and hope i can patch without getting d/c before the 2% lolol..

And btw about any problems with the game .. i dont know about it atleast i know that it toke me 3 days to register the game since it keept saying server to busy try later agian..

But i dunno since i aint able to play... hope when i open the ports i can patch the game ( wich takes 3hours) and then play ffxi online :D:D

-Paganizer

Comment

Ok guys, I get this annoying black screen after character select, but I get sound. I have determind that the problem is with the ports but I have no idea what I am doing. This guide is relatively helpful, and PortFoward seems to be some kind of netherworld of information that does not help in the slightest as I have NO idea what I am doing and am completely router illiterate.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ata/router.jpg

This is what I have so far, and its not working. Same error. Am I doing it right? I would really like the game that I have spent £40 on today to actually work. I don't have this problem with any other online game. Any suggestions? I seriously can't find any other option in my little router admin section where I can do anything similar, and this is so far removed from what is described in the first post that I wonder if there is any hope at all.

Comment

Alright so if I setup enable UPnP on both POL and on my Router, does that mean I don't have to mess with all that port triggering and stuff?

Thanks for all your advice.

Comment

I installed FFxi, and when I click the Character Create screen, it goes complelety black.
                        I am using the SMC7004VBR Router, but I can't find the places where I can change the Trigger Ports.

I really want to get this game running, but I cannot get past this Black screen.

Comment

After selecting your character and you get the black screen, wait a while and the game will start.

It's almost as if they forgot to put in a loading screen there. :S

Comment

Hey guys, I really need some help. I'm having a similar issue, only my zones are East Ronfaure and Xarcabard. I have tried everything, from checking ports, which I have nothing blocked, to hard resetting my router, which didn't work, checkign files, nothing corrupted, and 2 hard reinstalls. As for the 'wireless issue,' I've played MMO wirelessly without problems for years, however i've been hardwired to the router now for 4 months so it isn't wireless. I know its not ISP, because I hardwired to the modem and I CAN log into the zones from the modem directly. Ever since the last update though I'm screwed when I connect through my router.

I'm using a NETGEAR WPN82 4v3 if that is something needed to answer my question. If anyone can help me out here please email me at Heypepper@aol.com cause i'm beyond frustrated at this point.

Comment

Working...
                            X