Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There most likely is, you'll probably just have to search on the internet yourself.

I'm not gonna change the music on my game. The music converter can't do what I want. It won't loop music, and it has problems with the battle music, from what I understand.

I'm just gonna play music and mute the ingame music, whenever I get tired of the ingame music.
    Peace is a dream flying on gossamer wings. You can surely attain peace. But, the only way is through the grave.

Comment

Re: GUIDE: Changing in-game music

Originally posted by Atam
      There most likely is, you'll probably just have to search on the internet yourself.

I'm not gonna change the music on my game. The music converter can't do what I want. It won't loop music, and it has problems with the battle music, from what I understand.

I'm just gonna play music and mute the ingame music, whenever I get tired of the ingame music.

The point XiMC is that it converts WAV files into a proper .BGM format so they do loop and they do work fine in battle situations. I think some people have problems when they convert their MP3s to WAV and use too high a sample rate. I think FFXI only uses 24bit WAV samples for it's music so if you set it too hight then nothing gets converted properly.

A good way to check this is convert a BGM into a WAV with XiMC and then open that WAV file with a converter to see it's properties. Just jot those down and use those same file properties (bit rate, etc) when you convert your MP3 or w/e to WAV then to BGW and you'll be working perfect.

Personally, I've changed the Ro'Meave, Tu'Lia, and Ve'Legnunon Palace (sp?) background music files to a few of the songs by Bill Brown for the Lineage II soundtrack. Yeah it's kind of a ripoff of Howard Shore's LotR soundtrack (at least I feel the themes way too similar to be a concidence) but it's nice stuff. Check out his website at http://www.billbrownmusic.com/

Check out all of my 'art' over at DeviantArt.

Comment

FFXI uses 16-bit stereo WAV config. You can change that information by taking sound recorder and opening the desired WAV, and select "save as", and on the save screen, there's a button that will bring up the selection screen to change the bit rate and such.

Comment

Still we need an updated link as to how to get the convert program working. Does anyone have a link to such a thing, because I would rather not have to constantly run my WMP in the backround in the game, as it can slow my computer down a bit.

Art done by Fred Perry.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyrist
            Still we need an updated link as to how to get the convert program working. Does anyone have a link to such a thing, because I would rather not have to constantly run my WMP in the backround in the game, as it can slow my computer down a bit.
            Then use a non-bloated audio player like foobar2000, which focuses on audio quality rather than eye candy. ^^ A plugin for it to play BGW/SPW files is available from the POLUtils page.
            Author of POLUtils (with forums here).

Comment

anyone figure out a way to change sound effects?

Originally posted by SevIfrit
              we asked for more wyvern control the give us emotes.... /em slams head off desk...

Comment

The link for the BGW converter program is down, can anyone link me to a copy of it? Thanks.

Art done by Fred Perry.

Comment

where can I get Final fantasy 7 Battle music

Take The quiz yourself!

Comment

I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this because I'm too lazy to look through the while thread. But the links in the first post didn't work for me either, so I looked around and found this site.

http://www.moghouse.net/musichacking.htm

Hope that helps some people.
                    *Characters*
                    Zethy - Taru - 44THF
                    Jene - Hume - 75MNK (Retired)

Comment

I just wanted to post (Holy 2 years last reply batman) to say a quick "thank you!" for this thread ^^.
                      Feiya - Midgardsormr
                      75白75竜52吟43シ

Comment

Normally I wouldn't engage in thread necromancy, but this being a sticky thread, it still seems appropriate to post in here.

There's still a lot to be done with this. We know that there are skipping problems at times (at the very least, sometimes a song will not start where it's supposed to). Has anybody taken a further look into this, to possibly see what the cause may be?

I've tried making BGW tracks that were the same exact length (down to half-frames was as far as I tried), but it doesn't seem to make any difference. And it's only certain songs being replaced that it happens to. Do we know if this may be a problem with the converter program (considering it likes to throw various error messages on some tracks despite supposedly converting it), or maybe FFXI is expecting tracks of a very exact size and/or length?

I know that it's not a huge deal, as it's just music, but I'm surprised more people haven't decided that if we're going to do it, we should do it right.

Has anybody possibly seen an updated version of this XiMC program or a different program that converts music files to BGW format? Or possibly more insight into exactly what this program can do besides that same minimalistic guide found everywhere on the internet?

Comment

Astound!!!
                          really nice movie! thank you for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                          X