This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GUIDE: Changing in-game music

I'm not sure whether this has been posted or not but in all my time here I havn't seen anything of the sort.

I'm only at LVL7 and I'm already tired of the battle theme, what about you guys? Well there is a way to change the music. Download this program, XiMC004.lzh, from HERE . You will need winrar to extract it. It's in Japanese but it's pretty simple to figure it out. The music files are stored in
    "X:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\sound\win\music\data". I highly recommend you backup the music before messing around, the program never asks whether you want to overwrite.

Take any music, whether it's CD, mp3 or whatever and convert it to wav. I'll let you figure that one out yourself . Open the program, choose which file you want to replace from the list on the right and choose WAV->BGW. Open your wav file and wait a bit. The name list is in English so it's easy to understand but if you want to hear the music you are about to change then you can choose BGW->WAV, choose the file and it'll be converted.

To see an illustration, watch this short video I made (7mb). I'm sure many of you know from where the music came from *cough* FFX *cough* . Now doesn't that look...I mean sound cool?

CLICK HERE TO SEE MOVIE

If you have problems then you'll need to download the Xvid codec which I presonally thing is the best to work with. Get it HERE

Oh yeah one more thing. Don't you guys love my pants, or the lack there of? hehe. Man I look like a perf, wearing women's underwear :sweat:. Let's join together and BAN these undies from Vana'diel!!!

NOTE: If anyone notices bad spelling I'm sorry, my keyboard is busted :mad:

AKosygin EDIT:
    IMPORTANT NOTE: According to the Japanese readme file, the resulting WAV input file must be 16-bits. The other options are at your perrogative, but the file must be recorded in 16-bits. CD Quality is usually 44 kHz 16-bit Stereo.

It is also possible to convert MP3s -> WAVs by using WinAmp 2.x's Disk Writer plug-in output. Don't forget to turn off repeating before doing Disk Writer.

neighbortaru EDIT: Link updated
    Last edited by neighbortaru; 12-01-2005, 06:41 AM.

RDM35 / WAR20 / DRG10 / DRK10 / RNG 10 / PLD 35 / BLM 17

Wow, that's pretty sweets. Where did you get the FFX music from? I look on some download clients but they all have crazy names and I can't remember where they're from.
    No matter what you see / You're still so blind to me..

Comment

hahaha cool: drum´n´bass battle music here i come
      ...i´ll get these goddam angels drunk

Comment

FINALLY! Someone found it for me. Thank you.

Time to make my dot hack music pack.

Warcraft II music pack would be interesting too.
        Signature was intentionally left blank.

Comment

Of course it might be easier just to turn the FFXI music down and have MP3 playing in the background
          AscendantSky -- as.hadesffxi.com
          Genkei 5 Completed
          Moghouse 3 Completed
          Gobbie Bag 6 Completed
          7 Avatars Obtained

Current Title: Tiamat Trouncer!

If you dont like my attitude hit the _X_ in the corner.

If you see it written above KNOW that it is law!

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

Comment

Really? I don't think that would be better in any way. Although it will save some space on your HD, the mp3s you'll be hearing won't match the situation, unless you plan to switch songs every 12 seconds.

Of course, I'm someone who loves FFXI's music and doesn't grow tired of it, so I'll just get the programme for the BGM->WAV support.

Comment

Though it would be cool if you can ADD music to an area in addition to the existing areas that have music.

There are places that do not have music, and it would be great to add that.
              Signature was intentionally left blank.

Comment

Oh man I need to find a different file host, the account already reached it's download limit ....nooo my sig!!!! haha

Originally posted by CloudFFVII
                Of course it might be easier just to turn the FFXI music down and have MP3 playing in the background
                It would work but I wouldn't call it easier. The music will be playing constantly and the only way to change or stop it is to quit FFXI. By changing in game music it will change when you enter a different area, go to battle etc. You'll never get borred .

Oh and the battle music I had in the clip is the Boss Battle music from Final Fantasy X OST. I'm sure you can find it off Kazaa or somtehing .

Now onto finding a different file host, sorry about that.

NOTE: When my sig comes back, the movie clip link will work so keep an eye on it.

Comment

please do, i want to look into this when i get home in a few hours

i think i'll just use the app to convert the FFXI sounds to wav though , thanks for this info!
                  [Restarted 8/2008] | [MySpace!]
                  .,~`'<{:My Old Char's Stats Here:}>'`~,.

Comment

Originally posted by Vairu
                    please do, i want to look into this when i get home in a few hours

i think i'll just use the app to convert the FFXI sounds to wav though , thanks for this info!
                    The software link is not hosted by me, it will work so you can try it. The video clip is just to show you the result in game.

I think I finally found a good free host but it will take some time to activate, couple hours I think. We'll see how that goes.

Comment

So you -can't- put music into the areas that don't have it? ;-;

More sleeping for mages, then....ZzZzZzZzZ
                      "In just refusing to retreat from something one gains the strength of two men" -Shungaku
                      Sig by Tsuko~

Comment

c&c and red alert music anyone?

Comment

I like the program, and thankfully the program tells me what each one in the first sound folder is. but I don't recognize any of the other sound folders music aside from the chocobo theme, could anyone else identify them or tell me how to?

But awsome program! Thanks a bunch for posting it.

Comment

Alright the clip is up on a fast server and should not go down again.

I'm glad everyone found this usefull

Comment

Nice !

How did you make the clip? What app did you use?

I want that battle song!
                              [Restarted 8/2008] | [MySpace!]
                              .,~`'<{:My Old Char's Stats Here:}>'`~,.

Comment

Working...
                              X