Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Macro things!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macro things!

First, I want to say 'thank you' to SE, who listened to the "COR Card Deck" suggestion I posted a while ago.

Okay, new idea for macros, if there doesn't exist a way to do this already (I'm pretty sure there isn't, short of making two macros)

Make it so that, in one macro, you can tell the rest of your party if you are able to use a job ability or spell at that moment. For instance:

/p {Theif} TP <tp> SATA <Sneak Attack>

would, when pressed, yield:

(<me>) {Theif} TP 76% SATA X
    (If Sneak Attack wasn't up)

(<me>) {Theif} TP 76% SATA O
    (If Sneak Attack was up)

or

/p Utsu timer: Ichi: <Utsusemi: Ichi> Ni: <Utsusemi: Ni>

would produce:

(<me>) Utsu timer: Ichi: O Ni: X
    (If Ichi was up and Ni was down)

etc, etc.

Just a thought.
    Last edited by Meredy; 02-18-2007, 04:51 PM. Reason: Formatting
    Meredy
    70SMN/60COR/41WHM/46BLM/30RNG/12BLU

Re: Macro things!

I wouldn't mind having access to this sorta thing, just I know people will spam the /party window with all this random stuff that's not useful to the rest of us in most instances. I'd say restrict most of them to only being allowed when used with the /echo command, but overall I like the idea. Would save me some room on my macros. For THF and SAM is when this really comes to mind. I have TP, but SATA isn't available yet, or I don't have 100%TP yet, but I'm close AND I have Meditate ready. So I had to create a /recast macro to tell me when everything is ready (or not), and then two different macros to tell my Skillchain partner the same thing I just found out. So I have these:

/party Thief: <tp>TP SATA: X
    /party Thief <tp> TP SATA: O
    /party Great Katana: <tp> TP Meditate: X
    /party Great Katana: <tp> TP Meditate: O

So that's a total of 5 macros when including my /recast macro.

Personally I would like a completely "overhaul" of the macro system. It could be so good, and just isn't. And it's all blamed on the PS2. Whether that's completely true or just laziness I dunno, but I'd like to have my macros run their course, even if I use another macro shortly there after.

If I use my Stun macro (which has a /wait line and an /echo line to tell me when Stun is available again), then use my WS macro, I'd like all the stuff I took the time to type in my Stun macro to actually happen. I can't imagine I'm the only one who wants that.
    Odude
    PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
    RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
    SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Re: Macro things!

The issue then however is that you would need a way to cancel a running macro- currently if you hit the wrong macro you might have time to cancel it (assuming your macro was designed this way) by simply hitting another macro; if this option is taken away, there will need to be some other way of doing this.
      Takotako ~ Black Mage 75 ~ White Mage 38 ~ Monk 37
      Windurst Rank 10 ~ Zilart: Complete (Bushinomimi) ~ CoP: Complete (Tamas Ring) ~ ToAU: 33 ~ Assault: SP
      [X] Sorcerer's Sabots
      [X] Sorcerer's Gloves
      [ ] Sorcerer's Coat
      [ ] Wizard's Coat +1
      [ ] Wizard's Petasos +1

Comment

Working...
      X