Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Will there be any more forms of transportation added?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will there be any more forms of transportation added?

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
    A mission based, teleport-to-the-BC approach wouldn't help much with the two big examples given by the OP: DRG flag quest and SMN flag quest. The DRG fight doesn't come until the tail end of the quest, so that would be an express warp from Sandy to Ghelsba. And it would certainly not help the SMN flag quest in any way.
    Teleport-to-the-BC would take some of the difficulty and fun out of some missions. Think of Mission 5-2 where you need to trek through Xarcabard and all of Castle Zvahl Baileys and Keep just to get to the BC, that's half the fun.

Plus if you're just teleporting everywhere you go, you're kinda taking the fantasy out of Final Fantasy. To me, Final Fantasy worlds are designed as if they could be based on a planet in the far reaches of the universe. Having to run to the Throne Room makes me feel like FFXI is a semi-realistic world.
    Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.
    I cAsTs ThE sPeLlS tHaT mAkEs ThE pEoPlEs FaLl DoWn.

Comment

Re: Will there be any more forms of transportation added?

Originally posted by Haggai View Post
      Teleport-to-the-BC would take some of the difficulty and fun out of some missions. Think of Mission 5-2 where you need to trek through Xarcabard and all of Castle Zvahl Baileys and Keep just to get to the BC, that's half the fun.

Plus if you're just teleporting everywhere you go, you're kinda taking the fantasy out of Final Fantasy. To me, Final Fantasy worlds are designed as if they could be based on a planet in the far reaches of the universe. Having to run to the Throne Room makes me feel like FFXI is a semi-realistic world.
      I totally agree. If they made it so that you were insta-ported to the BC for every mission/quest battle, it would all feel very "get her done". The last game I played that felt that way? It would have to be the last disc of Xenogears. It was basically one boss fight after another, tied together with CSs. It felt very lame and anti-climactic.
      Lyonheart
      lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
      Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
      Fishing 60

Lakiskline
      Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
      Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
      Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
      Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Working...
      X