Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

"Decks" for COR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Decks" for COR

With the recent update to Quick Draw, I find that I can run out of cards of a certain kind pretty quickly, compared to how it used to be. With us now using Quick Draw once a minute, one stack of cards lasts a little over an hour and a half, as opposed to the five hours that we got previously. If you're in a really long party, lasting 3 hours or more, even two stacks of a certain card type might not be enough.

Can CORs get stackable "decks" for cards that function the same as toolbags and quivers? While we aren't using them quite as often as NIN uses tools or RNG uses arrows, it would be helpful if we didn't have to carry 3 stacks of commonly used cards around with us, taking up 3 inventory slots.

'course, it would be nice if the quivering NPC for cards were in Nashmau where you buy the cards, but that's just wishful thinking.
    Meredy
    70SMN/60COR/41WHM/46BLM/30RNG/12BLU

Re: "Decks" for COR

i agree, I was kinda disappointed to see SE didn't have the foresight to make the cards "quiverable" when this recent job adjustment.

But then, I feel the adjustment is lacking elsewhere as well. Dark Shot and Light Shot need their own specific times, I don't care if its one minute or lower, I just want a separate timer for them and the other six Quick Draws to stay under the same umbrella. We should not be forced to choose between dispelling a buff or enhanceing a debuff, we should be able to do both in the same minute.

And before anyone says anything about balance, COR does not compete with RDM or BRD for a PT slot, period. I've been all three, we don't compete at all. The adjustment was supposed to enhance our support role in PT, but being forced into a trade-off once a minute is not adequate.

I'd like to be able to follow up a dispelling Dark Shot with Earth Shot to enhance slow, for example. If I'm a support role, I should be so extremely restricted in this regard - a lot can happen in one minute and waiting for merits is not a satisfactory fix.

I personally didn't even want Dispel or Sleep, but now that we have them, I'm often forced to let the other six elemental shots go to waste unless I'm pulling for TP burn in Mire.

I'm sure some CORs are pleased as punch to have the adjustments just for pulling in TP Burn, but that's not looking at the big picture at all, that's just looking at the bottom line in merits which aren't the whole game, last I checked.
    Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 12-24-2006, 07:58 PM.

Comment

I personally think every "normal" ammunition type item should be stackable. Things to be excluded:

Cannon Shells
      Kabura Arrows
      Shuriken
      Other high-damage or special use arrows/bolts (Iron Musketeers Bolt, etc).

Comment

Deck of Many Things, DnD style...

But seriously, yeah they really need to do this, should always plan ahead and just make everything people burn through like crazy with an exception to cookies have some quiver form. Especially BST food.
        Read my blog.
        ffxibrp.livejournal.com
        Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
        Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

Second on the BST Food. I'd like to see the Jugs quivered too or maybe use Alchemy Key Item: Concoction to create 99-stack versions of "concentrated jug goo".

Comment

Jugs might be going overboard. I mean are likely to use one every 15 to 30 minutes.. Very different from arrows, food, or even cards.
            Read my blog.
            ffxibrp.livejournal.com
            Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
            Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

Originally posted by Ophelia Marie Gwen Wendy Teresa Fran Brenda Barbara Quilla Kitten Banana Fanna Fo Fesca the Third.
              The adjustment was supposed to enhance our support role in PT, but being forced into a trade-off once a minute is not adequate.
              Were they even paying attention to what was fundamentally wrong with Summoner?
              "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Yep, I agree with decks for quick draw cards.

Comment

I think the comparison to pre-update SMN is unfair. COR has a lot to do besides shots - rolls come to mind, and on top of that they can also shoot pretty decently, or pull. They're not remotely close to the old SMN "use one SMN ability, then be a WHM or sit for 50 seconds" playstyle.

The choice between different uses of your quick draw timer is intentional, just like bards have to choose which long-casting-time song to sing first and mages have to choose which spells to cast with a limited supply of MP, etc. (And even post-update SMN can only choose one buff and one debuff *or* damage ability per minute; COR can do a buff, a debuff, and then deal MP-free damage for ~40 sec before it's time to setup for their next buff and debuff) Being able to do everything at once would be too strong, especially in a job that can contribute a pretty decent amount of damage without even cutting into their support roles much.

COR is already a very strong job that is practically impossible to find when party building; if you /sea all cor (levelrange) without the inv you find they're all in parties already (except, presumably, the ones who have gone anon to avoid the constant stream of invites). I don't blame SE for being wary of buffing them further.

Having COR as the only dispeller on dispel-heavy mobs (eg crabs and crawlers), or the only sleeper in sleep-heavy party situations (eg hyperagressive pulling in merits), will pretty much monopolize quick draw. But they can still roll and shoot *in addition* to performing a crucial (in those types of parties) support function.

Also, by level 65 a WHM or BLM can fill the sleep and dispel roles if they bother to bring the right subjobs for it (in addition to RDM, BRD, BLU and SMN which get them without regard to SJ - although SMN has some of the same timer problems as COR, by working together they could cover as much as necessary). There's no reason to *have* to rely on the COR for those things at higher levels; at lower levels, you don't need that much sleep and only a few mobs (which you don't have to fight, unless your party leader is a sheep who only knows 1-2 leveling spots) demand frequent dispelling.

I do think decks are a nice idea, though.
                  Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                  RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                  All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

I agree with Karinya, since I'm a SMN myself, and intending on level COR.

COR is already much more viable than SMN on everything but direct HNM damage.

All COR durations are 5 min, which I consider minimum if they have 1 min recast (SMN has too short duration on almost everything).

COR can choose between dispel and sleep or enhancing a debuff. SMN can choose between buffing, dispel or sleep also, except they need to stand next to the stuff to sleep since assaulting wake things up, and it can still make the avatar go into autodefense mode and wake them up.

I support decks as an idea, but othervise COR is a lot better off than SMN already, so it really don't need to be able to sleep, dispel, refresh, one-shot everything and fly. (yea exaggerating a bit, but really the job seems perfectly fine to me, except for the hidiously expensive bullets)

Comment

Working...
                    X