Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Beastmaster's Leave command causes mobs to go unclaimed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beastmaster's Leave command causes mobs to go unclaimed

Leave command causes mobs to go uncaimed (yellow) which causes many problems when soloing/duoing (anyone can provoke the mob and screw up our EXP).
    the same for "Tame" Ability, when used on a mob outside of it's spawn area it'll depop (assuming Tame worked and the BST failed to charm it before using it) and so Tame gets wasted.

sollution for "Tame":
    make the time before the mob depop longer?

Dragoon
    75 | Beastmaster75 | Thief69

Re: Beastmaster's Leave command causes mobs to go unclaimed

This response is not relevant to this question and has been moved to a new thread
    To clarify this a little, the leave command itself doen't cause the mob to go unclaimed, it's charming another pet that causes the mob to go unclaimed.
    If a BST is fighting a single mob, swapping pets will cause the mob to go yellow - claimable by anyone else - for about 2 seconds. The current game mechanics seem to be that the 'current' mob is changed by the charm ability, If the charm fails, that would make sense, but if the charm is successful it shouldn't happen. The change of current mob should not occur until after the result of the charm has been decided, which means that the first mob would not go unclaimed if the charm is successful.

I know of people that have lost claims on NMs this way and can cite examples - Aquarius springs immediately to mind! There have also been instances where people have taken the BST's mob at very low hp and still got exp off it - note that this is the mob, not the pet!
    Last edited by Idun_Midgardsormr; 03-02-2007, 03:52 PM. Reason: Does not cover this question, moved to new thread.
    CatrinM WHM75/BST75/BRD45/BLM37/PLD37/WAR37
    Bastok [10] Sandoria [10] Windurst [9]
    Linkshell: PromathiaChained / Shiva
    Catrin BST75/WHM37/BLM31/SMN9/NIN7/MNK6
    Bastok [6] Sandoria [1] Windurst [1]
    Beastmasters never die, we just get do-overs!

Comment

This is a long-standing issue with BST that really does need to be resolved, we shouldn't lose claim on mobs for swapping pets in any case.

Comment

it's getting more annoying, today i've lost a NM during pet swap (i meleed it, and used Smash axe before swaping)...
        i've hate, why did it go yellow SE?

Originally posted by Idun_Midgardsormr View Post
        To clarify this a little, the leave command itself doen't cause the mob to go unclaimed, it's charming another pet that causes the mob to go unclaimed.
        If a BST is fighting a single mob, swapping pets will cause the mob to go yellow - claimable by anyone else - for about 2 seconds. The current game mechanics seem to be that the 'current' mob is changed by the charm ability, If the charm fails, that would make sense, but if the charm is successful it shouldn't happen. The change of current mob should not occur until after the result of the charm has been decided, which means that the first mob would not go unclaimed if the charm is successful.
        thanks alot, but leave command causes mobs to go unclaimed too. ever tried EXPing using a high delay weapon (Wrath tabar or a Scythe)? mobs go yellow the second i hit leave macro.. sometimes they die because of dia/poison or any DoT spell during this time and i get no drop nor EXP.

Dragoon

Comment

You are correct in this - I have had it happen too. In Cape Terrigan I was using a wrath tabar and lost the exp on a mob because it went unclaimed, even though it was my WS that killed it.

Sorry I misinterpreted what you were trying to say with this, so in keeping with the forum rules, I'll create a new topic to cover the loss of claim during charm since that is a separate question

Comment

maybe we should dedicate a thread for BST glitchs
            (attack/heel gitch comes in mind)

Dragoon

Comment

Nice idea, but the forum rules are one question per thread

That's why I pulled mine and made it a separate thread, but by all means make new threads with each separate case, you never know, SE may actually fix one ^^

How about these new mobs that gauge aggros? That's supposed to be totally passive. Or the old problem of, if paralyze prevents me from using an ability, how come I still have to wait for the timer to re-use it - it was prevented, not negated!

The list goes on!

Comment

Working...
              X