Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

The White Magic Spell "Holy"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The White Magic Spell "Holy"

Holy should be a WHM's Ancient Magic.

Sig created by THE Cesario.

Comment

I agree that it should be increased.

When I first saw Holy in FFXI, I was sorely disappointed. Then again, I was spoiled by the Holy spell in FFX.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

More damage + stun effect.

I imagine if someone gets hit with something like holy they would be stunned to say "Holy sh***" and be in shock, not "Holy sh*** that was crap damage, man that <melee job> hit me harder."
        Hacked on 9/9/09
        FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Re: The White Magic Spell &quot;Holy&quot;

I agree with everyone here. Holy, as it stands now, is merely to show-off how you can double burst on a skillchain. Other than that, it's hardly ever used for anything else. It costs to much mp for the amount of pitiful damage it does.

Either reduce the mp cost of the spell (Tier 1 spell), or increase the damage to equal the mp cost (AM). Either way, Holy needs help.
          The last remaining evil white mage on Ramuh.
          Killing tanks since 2004

Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey
          "I can picture in my mind a world without war,
          a world without hate.
          And I can picture us attacking that world,
          because they'd never expect it."

Comment

I say reduce the MP cost, it's short cast time is it's best strength. Though a slight increase in it's dmg calculations might not be a bad idea over all.
            "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

I agree with all the posters above. Holy serves no purpose for the WHM at the moment, and is just a high-cost alternative to Banish, neither are good for anything - the WHM is a healer class, and thus, making Holy have a stun, or blinding effect would be much, much better than it's current designation.

If anything, Holy should take on a completely new role, giving the WHM an option of escape for himself and/or his PT by allowing a chance of binding the mob briefly, much like flash almost negates a mob's damage output. The lack of any type of "stay there" type of spells for the WHM (sleep, bind, gravity) is sometimes too apparent. I know you can get this from any sub, but it's still something that should be second nature to a WHM - the ability to help control a bad pull, possibly even also giving it a chance to sit down and rest MP during solo artistry.

--
              Kutch, the white mage
              Stratsky, the Thief
              Dust, the Red Mage
              Leviathan server

Comment

Working...
              X