Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Returning after 4 years - Cannot remember all info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning after 4 years - Cannot remember all info

So I am coming back to the game after a 4 year break, some friends got me interested again. But I am running into some hitches.

First, I don't remember my old Play Online ID as I no longer use the same computer, and apparently the CC that shows up on my billing statements from back then does not share my actual info (name, address, DOB, ect.) Which is confusing.

I have talked to SE support on their online chat support twice with no luck whatsoever. The first person was helpful and nice, and said she could email me a form to verify my idenity doing a Notary form. I never got anything in the email after a week. When I tried to contact them again, after explaining my situation, was disconnected after a brief message about "please find your info".

I guess my question really is, has anyone had any luck getting their old account back who could not remember the PO ID or the CC? I have ALL the other info, and really want my old character back as I had 3 years of effort put into her.

Any advice or info would be great!

Thank you.

Re: Returning after 4 years - Cannot remember all info

I am guessing by CC, you mean credit card, correct?

Do you have all the disks with all of the codes needed for the game? With just your name, credit card, and those codes, you should be able to get your information back. I called them up with just those three, and I got all of my information from them and was able to reactivate my old account.

Comment

Nah I don't have the old CD's.

Comment

Then it might be a bit harder to get all the info back.

Comment

i have taken 2 breaks in my 6+ years of playing and both times i had lost my original CD's and had to buy a new set....to find the old ones a week later -.- but each time i didn't need cd keys or anything. The one thing that is a MUST HAVE is your CC info that was used for your account at the time you quit if you can't find or remember your POL ID. Granted i only took a break for 6-8months each time so im not sure if your length of time is going to change anything.

Comment

Hmmm. I wonder if they can look at all the different cards used and maybe see the one I do have on file. It's also very confusing that the card I do have records for is linked to an account with info that seems to not match. I think the address and CC is correct but the name is not, which is so odd.

Comment

Well, what ever the real problem maybe, hope it gets fixed shortly (And before the week end. Long weekend coming up)

Comment

they wont give out ANY CC info over phone,email, online period unless you can verify that you are the owner of that account. if i remember right they still dont give much out over the phone. But through my experience i get the best help/informatino over the phone...granted i waited a life time to even get someone on the phone in the first place lol.

1 thing you might want to double check to see if you changed any info on your CC since then. CC# , company, home address, ect. since you nevre updated your info with SE. If you still have them, check you CC statements from when you where playing and see what CC you used at the time. you dont need to have that one active or have to use it again to get your ID. you just need the CC number.

Comment

I have the bank statements from when I quit (wich show exact day I was billed by Square Enix), but they say they dont match the info on the account. I guess I am out of luck. Really a huge bummer, wish they had sent me that form to get notarized to verify my identity, but apparently they forgot or something.

Comment

hmm thats strange that they dont match....only thing thing that i can think of now is human error on something. You sure you gave the correct CC # and such? i know ive miss read, miss typed CC# before and that messed me up. so maybe if you try again...thats all i can say to do. sorry for the frustration Linalou hope you get it resolved.

Comment

Working...
                    X