Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Why are updates always during US time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are updates always during US time?

I have noticed over the years that every update cuts off America players and that JP players only lose a few hours of their morning. Is there a reason for this?

Re: Why are updates always during US time?

JP Button.
    Originally posted by Yygdrasil
    Originally posted by Nandito
    Ponies.

Duh.
    You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

SE caters the update times according to JP's time schedule. FFXI is a Japanese game and there are far more JP's that play FFXI than NA's.
      ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Because all of the servers are in Japan. SE isn't going to change the way they run their employees just to have marginally less impact on NA players. Be glad you aren't an EU.

Comment

i understand that. however a fair thing woudl be to alternate time schedules for each update. seeing as how on my one free day there is a 12 hour maintenance and last i checked its been added another 2 hours which is also subject to change.

EDIT: dont get me wrong im not pissed or angry. jsut more of a why and what if and why not kinda question XD

Comment

Originally posted by joufes View Post
            i understand that. however a fair thing woudl be to alternate time schedules for each update. seeing as how on my one free day there is a 12 hour maintenance and last i checked its been added another 2 hours which is also subject to change.

EDIT: dont get me wrong im not pissed or angry. jsut more of a why and what if and why not kinda question XD
            was talked about long ago, and dead horse I am afraid.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

ah sorry about that. never been here before. never been a forum guy and decided to join. but then i found the ask a question section and couldnt help myself.

Comment

Again, it's not just because they hate NAs, it's because these things take time because actual people have to work on this. They can't just press a button and hope for the best. It makes no sense for SE to rework their internal scheduling to address minor complaints which happen about five times a year tops. They're always going to fuck over someone.

Comment

haha i jsut think thats wierd though considering that this means SE works harder at night than during the day. O.o unless i just ahve no clue which is always possible. im not a book of knowledge. however i do understand your answer 100%

Comment

Originally posted by joufes View Post
                    ah sorry about that. never been here before. never been a forum guy and decided to join. but then i found the ask a question section and couldnt help myself.
                    ah its cool, welcome to the forums then, enjoy yourself, and watch out for the poo on the floor ;p
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

lol thanks ill def be on more. i guess this is how peeps kill their time when ffxi is out of reach ro during maintenance huh xD

Comment

That, or the PlayOnline chat rooms. They're always a hoot.
                        Originally posted by Yygdrasil
                        Originally posted by Nandito
                        Ponies.

Duh.
                        You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nandito View Post
                          That, or the PlayOnline chat rooms. They're always a hoot.
                          never been there O.o didnt think anyoen used em xD

Comment

There has been an avalanche of games this month and you're complaining about not being able to log on to FFXI?

Comment

They just added yet another hour to it, so now it will hopefully be done @ 2 AM EST... originally 11 PM...

Thanks SE. I'd like to know who's brilliant fucking idea it was to do the server merge at the same time as the update. I mean, you know, because that totally wouldn't add any unnecessary time constraints.
                              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X