Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

What steps are being taken to make Dancer fun, affordable and useful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What steps are being taken to make Dancer fun, affordable and useful?

What steps are being taken to make Dancer fun, affordable and useful? Will Dancer depend on purchasing limited resources like Ranger, or have it's own category of magic like Bard? Will Dancer's Traits, and Abilities provide enough talents to enhance the job's usefulness? What role is Dancer expected to play in a party, and if Dancer is planned to play a support role, will the job also provide effective damage dealing to assist the party in more ways than one? And will each race/gender have their own unique dance animations for abilities/dances that involve dance-like movements? :)
    Last edited by jenova_9; 10-29-2007, 09:16 AM.

Re: What steps are being taken to make Dancer fun, affordable and useful?

Will Dancer be the new acceptable Main Heal in a PT?
    Current Server: Asura
    Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
    Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
    Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
    Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
    Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

...why not wait the three weeks to find out?
      "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
        ...why not wait the three weeks to find out?
        um the same could be said about pretty much any question asked.

SE is offering to answer some of these questions and thoughts sooner, so might as well take advantage of it. :P

Comment

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
          Will Dancer's Traits, and Abilities provide enough talents to enhance the job's usefulness?
          Nah, they're just gonna look nice. Useful jobs are so 2004.
          Ellipses on Fenrir
          There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
          . . .

Comment

SE is offering to answer some of these questions and thoughts sooner, so might as well take advantage of it. :P
            This isn't a direct line to SE, these questions will be chosen and hand picked by the FFXIO staff, assembled into one coherent email and sent to SE to respond too. That response may take one month, 6 months or never come at all. But the Fan fest, which starts in two weeks, and the expansion, which comes out in three weeks, will answer this question fully and completely.
            "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

No, it couldn't. Maybe of the incredibly bad questions you've been asking, but not a proper question.

Seriously, why the hell do you care what steps are being taken? What even makes you think it will be affordable? We'll see that when the job is able to be played, at fan fest, which also just so happens to be when the questions will be asked. This is a waste of a question.

Nobody cares if you have a lot of questions to ask, but try not to ask ones that will already have been answered, and not to ask incredibly stupid ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                No, it couldn't. Maybe of the incredibly bad questions you've been asking, but not a proper question.
                Seriously, why the hell do you care what steps are being taken? What even makes you think it will be affordable? We'll see that when the job is able to be played, at fan fest, which also just so happens to be when the questions will be asked. This is a waste of a question.
                Nobody cares if you have a lot of questions to ask, but try not to ask ones that will already have been answered, and not to ask incredibly stupid ones.
                damn you're the most miserable mewling I ever met. :P

Comment

damn you're the most miserable mewling I ever met. :P
                  Don't take it personally, he's like this to everyone. Though despite how he states his opinions when he's right he's right. SE likes to surprise it's players so even if this question stood a chance of being sent into SE, they'd just tell us to wait and see.

We'll find out more over the next few weeks, as that's how the build up to an expansion works. It'll be here before you know it, so patience is a virtue.

Comment

yeah I'm not offended, I meet plenty of those types in Vana'diel, ironically most of them are Tarus for some reason. >.> But ya he's right, I just asked anyway cause any bit of information about stuff sooner is a nice treat cause we are waiting anyway and speculation is natural on boards,

I mean if companies had the complete attitude of "wait and play the game to find out", there would be no trailers or interviews or pre-release information at all.

but ya, I wonder how much info will come in from the fan festival. the expansion is coming next month, but the wait is smoother with more info than just being in the dark repeating the same little info we already know.

Comment

I predict SE would answer this question in the following manner:

SE: "On Nov 22 you will find your answers <g>"
                      Lyonheart
                      lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                      Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                      Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                      Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                      Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                      Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                      Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

While it certainly doesn't hurt to speculate a few weeks before the release of the game, this particular section has never received a single SE response before. So asking a question in this part of the forum hoping for SE to say "Oh, well we're glad you asked. Yes, we are going to do X (or No, we aren't)" is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Comment

not at all, I'm not depending on very specific expectations. whether getting more Dancer information or not beforehand, it's still a gamble buying an expansion for things that might not even satisfy.

But it helps to hear straight from the horses mouth what they think about Dancer regarding their views and knowledge of how that job will function and other info like that.

Ya even if the question is asked, they might just give a quick vague answer. But who knows maybe they might reveal some elements or specific examples of what Dancers can do that will make people even more excited and looking forward to unlocking the job. :)

Comment

Working...
                          X