Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Could you help out a legit farmer SE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could you help out a legit farmer SE?

Recently I killed my longtime bankroll leveing summoner(uhh..Austre gear) so I went back to try some of the usual faming-type stuff. While I am making money...well it's very slow and I don't have any really BCMN-friendly jobs. I like the anti-RMT measures but I would just like to ask SE...how are you gonna help us legit players so we can get goodly amounts of Gill without opening a door for RMTs?
    Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
    (have fun MMO players ^^)
    Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Re: Could you help out a legit farmer SE?

Um, nothing. Excatly what do you think RMT players do to get money? They do the same things that everyone else does. They just do it more because they can do nothing else in a day.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

What Mhurron said. If SE were to implement some new, easier way to make money, RMT would be all over it like a pack of wolves, flood legit players out of the markets or campgrounds and we'd be back to square one.

As far as farming and stuff is concerned, the best thing you can do to compete with the RMT is the same thing you do to compete with other players. Find some mob that you can kill more quickly or easily than other players, or a zone you can farm in that most other players can't or don't usually access to isolate yourself from competition as much as possible. That goes for crafting as well. Be as unique as possible.

Otherwise, all you can really do is participate in "metered" types of item generation like BCNMs and assaults and the like. RMT aren't able to spam those nearly as easily, so you're on relatively even footing there.

I can't think of any off the top of my head other than Shooting Fish which has kindof degraded in profitability, but I'm sure there are BCNMs out there in which smn can be useful. Maybe post in the smn forum polling for input there?
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

If RMT see a way to make gil, they'll jump on it.

Right now, RMT have flooded Riverne Site #B01 killing hippogryphs there left and right in hopes that lazy players will no farm for the BCNM for that mission.

Yes, very lame. I can solo these things in Riverne Site #A01 as BST, so there goes yet another place I used to make gil. They farm the hell out of hakutaku eye mobs and are a big reason for the deflation on eye clusters.

Thankfully they can never really damage BCNM fully because they do not have the time to exploit BCNMs due to the limitations placed upon them (jobs, seals, etc).

It really does pay to have a job that can BCNM, which is why when I tell somone about /RNG for COR, I always make a note to tell them that if they're going to stop it at sub-level, do it at 40-41 for Worms turn or at very least to have extra jobs for 30 and 40 cap CoPs.

Now, that said, the weak, low level Empty mobs in promyvions crap seals, so do bombs. In fact, anything that has a tendancy to detonate itself is a good solo target for pet jobs like SMN and BST.

As for Kindred Seals, they're highly common in Quicksand Caves for some reason.

Comment

like taskmage said- shooting fish is a nice bcnm but yeah not very profitalble. Wings of Fury is nice and drops astral rings...can be soloed by a Smn or duoed by a War/Mnk and a Smn/Blm. war kites all 3 while SMN gets off 2 astral flows from Rahmu.

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
            Otherwise, all you can really do is participate in "metered" types of item generation like BCNMs and assaults and the like. RMT aren't able to spam those nearly as easily, so you're on relatively even footing there.
            Looking for "metered" activities is a good idea. Since everyone (even legit players) is limited in the frequency they can participate in the activity, the markets involved with those activities are less likely to get flooded.

Gardening is a gil raising activity I recommend, which happens to fall into the "metered" category (considering each character is limited to 10 plants). The only way to get around this limit is to create extra characters, which is balanced by the addition of real world costs.
            Lyonheart
            lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
            Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
            Fishing 60

Lakiskline
            Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
            Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
            Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
            Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Why not make all items free and unlimited?

/em runs away and hides in a dark corner.
              There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
              but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
              transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Jei View Post
                Why not make all items free and unlimited?
                /em runs away and hides in a dark corner.
                You better be careful man, people know what state you're in now.
                I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Working...
                X