Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Possible for Account & Content ID seperation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible for Account & Content ID seperation?

Would it be possible in the near future to move a character on a content ID to a new account? Providing that if the user has the registeration codes for FFXI and all expansions that and has no FFXI ID active/created since the creation of the seperate account. Reason being, for users who have to share FFXI with other members of family, or just want to have two accounts and logged on two characters at the same time. I myself wouldn't mind being able to see my mithra and hume on at the same time just to do random things or even LS events at the same time. Granted situations like this should have been avoided by having two accounts to start with, though when I started the second character, never foreseen how far I would/have taken it.
    Edit: Also like to add, that the recieving account is not open to the feature and that, the orginal account after doing this once may not do it again. Also, that both account are to have inputed the orginal accounts registration codes at time of activating this feature and at activation of the new account.
    Last edited by Akashimo; 04-05-2007, 07:58 PM.
    Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Re: Possible for Account & Content ID seperation?

This would have been great even from the very beginning. My husband and I both started on the same account, and we eventually ended up buying another computer and game on which he had to start over completely. We had called POL with hopes of moving his character to another account, but sadly it wasn't possible.

I wouldn't mind this feature being available, especially to members of the same household, but I can see how it might be abused what with the sales of characters, which is against the ToS.
    sigpic
    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

I agree. If people were able to separate accounts, there would would be more cons than pros.
      ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Yea, I have thought of that, which, at least why i stated to have the registration codes for FFXI and all expansions along with that char being the first *EVER* on the new account. Perhaps I should edit to have one time only for the new account and the account where the character orginiated from.

Comment

There are days I wish I could dual box my characters, but other days I'm thankful I can't. Can you imagine doing BRD and COR at the same time? I'm very proficient at playing them alone, but I don't think I can multitask both jobs :x

Comment

I wish I could have Aelathir and Murphie separate, if only because Ael has every job leveled to at least 20, and that would save me a lot of dicking around in the lower levels. But there are, quite honestly, a lot of things I wish for in FFXI, and that one is pretty low on the list. I make do.

Comment

I am completely opposed to transferring characters to a different account in any way, shape, or form.

However, I would applaud S-E if the company would allow account holders to purchase additional "login license ID's", so more than one family members can log on to different characters on the same account at the same time. (Say, $5/month per additional login? Too little? How about $10/month?)

That way, if any one character is found to cheat or engage in RMT activities, the entire account and all its characters get nuked. At the same time, players who play by the rules can share the FFXI experience with family members at a discount.

Bust one RMT account seller? Bust 10 or even 20 RMT account buyers! You want to use pos hacks? Better check with your girl/boyfriend who's on the same account, first--they may have some harsh language for you if you get them banned.

It'd be win, and win, and more win, I say.
              Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
              yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
              Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
              leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

More power to PL service is my first thought. I could level up a second character for sell while keeping my main now. Without having to ever get a second box.
                There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Hmmm, I forgot about that option IfritnoItazura for seperate login ids on the same account. Deffinitly a good point. Well, lets just call this bust for my idea. v.v;

Comment

I aggree, because anyways one had to buy another FFXI game in order to be able to play in another PC... why pay more for additional login if you are already paying for the game?? and in my case, I have problems with my dad because of the double pay. He'll kill me if he saw more money spent just for logging in to help my brother in a mission or something like that.

If that were possible, maybe ppl wouldn't be complaining more about ppl nowadays don't wanna help at anything unless you offer money or keep shouting at major cities ignoring all other ppl insults of "go and shout anywhere else" or "ask your LS" or "go to ______" area where you don't even have access to.

Comment

Meh I'm slow. but felt like adding something. :P

What about upgrading your content ID with several licenses so you can use 1 content ID on 2 computers for example? Where if someone plays a character, it will become unavailble to the other computer.

Just a thought/idea that might solve the same issue, where you wana split 2 characters so you can play both.
                      Robbins:
                      Everything has atleast 1 positive side and atleast 1 negative side. Please tell about both sides when answering.

Comment

I like Ita's idea for a family tag, or something to that nature.

Comment

how did I miss this 2 months ago?!?

My sap story:

I'm a Warrior. Melee.

My sister has a character on same account as me. She's now 75 Whm, 75 Brd, 75 Nin. She's also in one of the top HNMLSs on the server. Which of us has more reason to be online at any given time? Yes, that's what I thought.

She lives over 100 miles away from me now, and we have to set up a schedule as to who gets which days. The biggest problem with this is that when it's my day, I don't feel like playing. You know why? Because I feel compelled to. Obligated. If I'm not online, I'm wasting it! Not to mention we'll never ever play any other online game together as long as either of us is playing FFXI. Afterall, if I'm not online for some reason, then she'll say "well shoot, I guess I'll log on then." Oh yeah, finally: my sister uses windower. Between this and the HNM drama she's inherently involved in, she's puts my character at higher risk of being hacked. Or of S-E just deciding to ban our account. Would that really be fair to me? Just a little insight into the psychology of shared accounts.

Proposition: parent/child accounts. We know they have the technology to do an action like this (unless he's lying, a fella in my LS got his old character moved to a new account when his old POL ID/login got hacked). What if they just gave every existing account a tag: "Parent." Every time one of these splits occurs, the account that receives a character is tagged "Child." Child accounts can never transfer other characters, and they'll always have an id# corresponding to their parent. So if they need to knock off a chain of RMT, they'll have a solid tie between all parents and their children.
                          "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

I've seen SE interviews where they wanted to do something abut this but they couldn't seem to find a way to do it that would stop chatacter sales, RMTs,ETC.

The thing is that I share an account and it's getting to be abit...well annoying!(I've wished my silly sister would get outtta my way 100 times already)
                            Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
                            (have fun MMO players ^^)
                            Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post
                              Proposition: parent/child accounts. We know they have the technology to do an action like this (unless he's lying, a fella in my LS got his old character moved to a new account when his old POL ID/login got hacked). What if they just gave every existing account a tag: "Parent." Every time one of these splits occurs, the account that receives a character is tagged "Child." Child accounts can never transfer other characters, and they'll always have an id# corresponding to their parent. So if they need to knock off a chain of RMT, they'll have a solid tie between all parents and their children.

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                              However, I would applaud S-E if the company would allow account holders to purchase additional "login license ID's", so more than one family members can log on to different characters on the same account at the same time. (Say, $5/month per additional login? Too little? How about $10/month?)

That way, if any one character is found to cheat or engage in RMT activities, the entire account and all its characters get nuked. At the same time, players who play by the rules can share the FFXI experience with family members at a discount.

Bust one RMT account seller? Bust 10 or even 20 RMT account buyers! You want to use pos hacks? Better check with your girl/boyfriend who's on the same account, first--they may have some harsh language for you if you get them banned.

It'd be win, and win, and more win, I say.
                              :P

Comment

Working...
                              X