Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

What do you think of my idea for how the World Shifting system could be implimented?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you think of my idea for how the World Shifting system could be impliment

I didn't even check where the thread was when I posted. Now I think it's kind of rediculous he's asking Square Enix what they think of his suggestions. This isn't a suggestion forum, and trying to disguise your suggestions as questions by adding 'What do you think of....?' is skirting the purpose.

Comment

Re: What do you think of my idea for how the World Shifting system could be impliment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
      I didn't even check where the thread was when I posted. Now I think it's kind of rediculous he's asking Square Enix what they think of his suggestions. This isn't a suggestion forum, and trying to disguise your suggestions as questions by adding 'What do you think of....?' is skirting the purpose.
      If I had come up with the thread, I probably would have presented it differently.

Question: How do you plan to implement the World Shifting system?

... and the first part of the post would have been something along the lines of...

Will there be a fee associated with moving a character to another World? Will there be a way to reverse the move early on if the player changes his/her mind? Will there be a limit to the number of times a single character can shift Worlds in this manner?

... and then the post could mention that potential problems associated with unlimited World shifting, mistaken World Shifting, etc., followed by a detailed suggestion of one way in which World shifting policies could be handled.

This would fit in well with the format last months questions were submitted (i.e. short paragraph with a link to the thread itself).

But that's just my own personal opinion. The last time I tried to offer suggestions on how a question could have been submitted differently, I was told to comment on the content or not at all.
      Lyonheart
      lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
      Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
      Fishing 60

Lakiskline
      Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
      Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
      Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
      Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

World transfer is just about the dumbest thing SE could possibly do(I can't believe it is really going to happen). Almost every single World Shift has horror stories attached to it.

Usually the server gets flooded with scum that have run their reputations so low in their previous server that they must start a new life in another. Oh man, my server(Midgard) was hit hard in this manner and you can still feel it to this day.

Economy is usually thrown off its feet and lands face first. At best, you'll get a slightly damaged Auction House, at worst... gil buyers bring billions of gil into the market(well, millions nowadays).

Low-level players don't really have a reason to jump boat, but high-level players do. I mean End-game LSes. They see their situation at Sky and Aery and they think the grass is greener on the other side. Any chance of a balance is thrown out the window because friends leave and strangers come. Especially since its a good chance those strangers are the scum I mentioned above. Oh boy, I think Remora could tell you about this one. Oh boy, imagine if one server gets 10 new HNM LSes, all Fafnir camping.

Now, I'm talking about World Shifts here, not the same as character transfers. But, my point is that they are verrry similar and can have the same effects. So SE could add on a fee. Big deal. The people who will profit most from this are known-gil buyers who don't give a crap about spending $2000+ on a character.

1. Buy Character.
        2. Transfer Server.
        3. Say "OH hi ^^ I'm new!! I left my server, can I join your linkshell"
        4. ???
        5. Profit.

Whatever happening to making new characters? Damn, this is going to turn out bad. I just hope it's only as bad IGE Christmas, not end-of-the-game bad.
        Read my blog.
        ffxibrp.livejournal.com
        Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
        Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

That's rather unlikely, since S-E has conducted world migrations previously.
          Yes... on a "sign on a list and get transfered ALL AT ONCE" basis, not a "individual transfers to ANY server" (and possibly on demand, too)

Comment

Am I missing something somewere or did SE make a statement that they were going to make their World Shifts for liberal?

Last I recall SE's World Shifts were controlled by SE on were you'd go. Main purpose as I saw it was to maintain server and load balances. Seems like it could be problematic if players are able to freely choose were they want to switch an already established character.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

When SE announced that they were doing away with the world pass system and allowing new accounts to be created on whatever server you choose, they also mentioned that they were considering a World Shifting service for existing characters.

Here's a link to SE's announcement. Look at the last paragraph before the screenshot.
              Lyonheart
              lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
              Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
              Fishing 60

Lakiskline
              Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
              Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
              Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
              Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
                When SE announced that they were doing away with the world pass system and allowing new accounts to be created on whatever server you choose, they also mentioned that they were considering a World Shifting service for existing characters.
                Here's a link to SE's announcement. Look at the last paragraph before the screenshot.
                Heh, well damn. That just has trouble written all over it. Being able to make a new character in a world of your choice and moving an already well established character without some moderated controls is two different things all together.

I mean I can already see players without huge ties fleeing a server in hopes of getting one with a better economy. In turn completly changing the supply and demand and screwing that worlds economy.

The greedy for gil with a high skill in a craft could switch worlds to find one with a good economy (as good as one can be realistically) and totally ruin it. If they are going to do this then it should be more or less an allowance for the "Oops, I started a character on World X and my friend is on World Y wanting me to come over."

So say allowing limited changes for characters under a certain level, continue to keep it were high level only gets to change if they need to try and balance again.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Working...
                X