Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Dynamis Entry: Future Improvements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamis Entry: Future Improvements?

Some time ago, I created a previous thread expressing my distaste toward the woes of scheduling Dynamis entry. I'm not going to bother looking for it, nothing I posted then was in the form of a question, making it rather vague.
    I also perused the interview conducted with Bercus from the "Order of the Blue Gartr" linkshell. However, I feel the important issues were avoided or misunderstood, and so am posting again.

My distaste with scheduling Dynamis entry is the lack of any true coordination, or the potential for needless conflict. In three different Dynamis shells I've been in, we've had runs that ran over time, cutting into another shells' schedule, or flat-out had been cut off by another shell.

In the second case where we were cut off, the Linkshell that did so did only because they used an LS-run website to schedule their run, that was different from the one we used(they were Japanese, ours North American, and the European-based shells use different scheduling sites altogether). While they did not mean to cut us off, the fact that there was no centralized manner of scheduling Dynamis resulted in this confusion.

In the case where we were cut off, it was by an RMT linkshell notorious on my server. As everyone well knows, RMT ignore all rules except their own, and no scheduling site in any time zone would have helped.

In each of the cases, had Dynamis been instanced, the problem would have been avoided entirely, everyone getting to enter Dynamis with a minimum of fuss.
    Or, if there were a centralized site, run by S-E, to schedule Dynamis and enforced by GMs, Linkshells in different time zones would suffer no overlap, and anyone who flagrantly cut ahead could have been properly punished.

But we have no instances, nor any centralized scheduling/enforcing.

And now my question:

Will we see an instanced Dynamis? Or, barring that, a centralized site through which Linkshells of all timezones can schedule Dynamis, also enforced by GMs?

Re: Dynamis Entry: Future Improvements?

I like the idea of instancing or centralized scheduling site. Perhaps even reservations. That way people could reserve up to say two weeks ahead, perhaps trade the hourglass before hand as payment.

Then the person that reserved it would have to confirm the reservation within 72 to 36 hours of the scheduled event to further make sure that the zone will be used at that time.

Comment

We have instanced Salvage and Assault, which I essentially feel is an admission that other areas in the game need it. BCNMs are also instanced to a degree and don't suffer from entry problems.

With all the advances in server technology and instancing of zones and towns in other MMORPGs, I feel that Dynamis definately could be instanced. People who argue that the droprate should be altered and that instancing isn't needed are people who are in Dynamis shells that seldom have issues with entry. But even they get stiffed by other LSes from time to time.

The community shouldn't be forced to work around other linkshells to do Dynamis, this probably one of the longest-standing and most frustrating aspects of the RoZ endgame content. Assault and Salvage are easy to get into and you don't have to work around other Linkshells to do them, this kind of content doesn't regionalize players too heavily, either, as people are able work within their own time frame.

Comment

When I saw the thread title, I thought it would have to do with the cost of Dynamis runs. Most of the complaints regarding deflation have been about the high cost of doing Dynamis, since the cost of a Timeless Hourglass will never go down in accordance with market prices.

Perhaps SE should consider alternate ways for players to obtain a Timeless Hourglass (like making it a BCNM / ENM drop) along with the issues brought up by the OP.

Or perhaps it should be a separate issue altogether. /shrug
        Lyonheart
        lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
        Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
        Fishing 60

Lakiskline
        Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
        Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
        Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
        Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Seeing as how the Dynamis price was million back when it was introduced(before the market started bouncing), I don't really see odds on it changing, since it was supposed to be high.

However, the Promathia Dynamis zones are another matter. Higher challenge, shorter time limit, less members allowed, more fickle drop rates... but still one million? That's hardly right.

But I'll ask about that in another thread.

Comment

This is a very widespread problem, and I'm surprised they haven't done anything about it yet, because it really does lead to a lot of conflict between players and linkshells and creates a very large amount of animosity and aggression. Dynamis is one of the staple events when it comes to end-game, and most shells have specific days they schedule to do it, but the number of shells and players attempting Dynamis has risen to the point that there have been weeks where my shell has unwillingly done the same city for several weeks straight because the other zones keep being claimed, stolen, or otherwise taken before we could have a chance to enter. From what I understand, this is not a difficult fix and would work wonders towards making all the end-game linkshells happier. Best of all it would almost certainly insure that most of our scheduling conflicts would vanish, since Dynamis is practically the only end-game content left that results in this kind of scheduling nightmare.

Comment

Working...
            X