Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Will I be allowed to transfer Gil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I be allowed to transfer Gil?

In honor of this new update I would like to ask if it would be against gamer poicy that i make a new char on lets say fenrir and someone from fenrir goes to my server would it be against gamer policy if we exchanged gil to each other? he gives my char. 100k on fenrir and i in return give him 100k on seraph
    sigpicBam i'm back like a heart attack

Re: Will I be allowed to transfer Gil?

I think its only possible to transfer characters(but you can bring items/gil with you). And character switching for already existing characters isn't coming in this update, but only server selection for new ones.
    MisterCookie: Alla refugee since May 2006

MisterCookie: Writing poor signatures since January 1999

http://www.songbirdnest.com - OSS Media Player

Comment

this has the possibility of being exploited. gil on some servers might be worth more than on other servers. 100k here might buy you more stuff on some other server. same goes for item transfers.
      Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
      ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

If they follow Blizzard's model, it may cost money to do the transfer anyway. Knowing SE, they will try to put some pretty stringent restrictions on transfers in order to keep it from being exploited.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

I really do hope S-E know what they are doing when they implment this.

Comment

they arent implementing this.

Comment

I was referring to the switching servers thing. Not the gil transferring.

Comment

If they are smart, server-to-server transfer will be character onry - no gil or items, but your character and all fame, quests, etc. If they allow anything, maybe Rare/Ex items.
                FFXIV Balmung Server
                Tenro Matashi
                PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

oh goodie, most my crap is rare/ex anyways! MUAHAHA ok nm.

Comment

/slap Omni
                    Get a hold of yourself taru!
                    Hacked on 9/9/09
                    FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

10.2k IS ENOUGH!!!! T_T
                      more OT: yea, sorry u had to heal us last night. im sure u were wanting to let garuda do her thing more ; ;
                      back OT: @eohmer: gotcha.

Comment

Wow are you that poor now? You wanna go hit up some bcnm's or somthin'?
                        Hacked on 9/9/09
                        FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

i meant 10.2xp in to 75. /no Omniblast

but bcnm sure, hey u wanna do kclub bc? i did it last night with 3 bst.
                          hmm... OT: I like wise donkey's idea of transfering fame and quests. i think thats my biggest reason of why i would not want to ever start over on another server.

Comment

oro, I have no bst at that level. Can I go smn?

Transfer of gil whether or not ethical is the question. However based upon SE's Policy of just creating a character with the correct server I don't think it matters.

However if for some reason the transaction falls through, and both parties fail to transfer or one party fails to transfer, I do believe that SE can inforce a "we won't fix that problem" policy.

I did remember reading something about if you lose an item you can have it restored. I wonder if they would count gil?
                            Last edited by Omniblast; 03-06-2007, 09:21 AM. Reason: back to OT
                            Hacked on 9/9/09
                            FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Working...
                            X