Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Will there be a level cap raise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be a level cap raise?

Well ive been woundering if there ever is gonna be a level cap raise

i know there are issues such as

new spells
    new abilitys
    new quests(limit break and such)
    new weapons and armor
    and adapting subjob

but will there ever be a possiblity of a level cap rez?
    i still get on here....even though it might not happen often i do!

Re: Level cap

No. I think it'll cause too many issues with everything. I don't think there should be one either.

Comment

It's fine the way it is and we have Spells and abilites you can get with Merits. In fact some of the merits are so good that it's almost like you gained a level....
      Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
      (have fun MMO players ^^)
      Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowneko View Post
        It's fine the way it is and we have Spells and abilites you can get with Merits. In fact some of the merits are so good that it's almost like you gained a level....
        lol, I still wish Ninja would have more than 1 Job Ability, excluding the Merited Job Ability. All Sange (Merit) does is it includes my remaining shadows into a consumable Ranged Attack. I don't know how often I'd be using that.

Comment

I think you'll find that they have already said there are no current plans for increasing the level cap.

Incidentally, what is a 'rez'?
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
            Incidentally, what is a 'rez'?

It was a weird shooter for PS2 where the visuals constantly changed. So, I think he was asking for every limit break quest to send you into a bizzare acid trip to show what a badass you were for completing it.
            Last edited by Hantz; 03-05-2007, 07:01 AM. Reason: Squeeze in some words.

Comment

Thank you, thats much clearer.
              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I doubt SE would raise level cap, for all the reasons you mentioned. Dynamis could be fixed by applying a level cap (but then people might complain about having no level 75 gear for their job!) but you can't impose a level cap on HNMs, Sky, Sea, etc. They'd either have to buff up endgame mobs or accept that linkshells would be able to take them down with ease.

Leveling areas. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's a single exp area in the game that could support parties 75+ all the way to whatever the new cap would be. They would have to add new exp areas, and tons of them, because everyone with a 75 job would want to rush to the latest cap. I can feel the lag already...

Job wise, it could potentially break the game. I mean, level cap 80, imagine a BLM, WHM or SMN subbing RDM. They would have access to convert, and if the cap was higher than 80, their own refresh.

Do you know how broken that would be?

Oh wait.

SE please raise level cap, PLEASE! <3

I kid, I kid. Lets stick with merits please :D And if you feel the urge to level grind, you can always exp on a new job.

Skye(Remora) | BLM 75/RDM 75/WHM 73

Comment

Originally posted by Eohmer View Post
                  lol, I still wish Ninja would have more than 1 Job Ability, excluding the Merited Job Ability. All Sange (Merit) does is it includes my remaining shadows into a consumable Ranged Attack. I don't know how often I'd be using that.

Fixes I'd like for Ninja:

1. Weapon Skills for thowing(ninja specfic)- I'd like to see abit more shriken flinging and I ain't talking Fumas! I think this would add another dimension to doing dammage and holding hate...it's also a nice option.

2. Add a fun Ninja ability...like Disappear! (extends shadow life or somthing)
                  Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
                  (have fun MMO players ^^)
                  Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

Working...
                  X