Random FFXI-related chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random FFXI-related chat

Rather than post random screenshots and anecdotes dubiously in the accomplishments thread, I decided to make a new one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ffxi_2013.02.13_11.52.58.png
Views:	1
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	1481316

Whoa there, girly. We just met and I already hav—mmnnggghh gkk nnnhhhhh~
    Oh god, how do I explain this to my NPC >_<;;
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Re: Random FFXI-related chat

This thread is a great idea. You want to slap somewhere in the title that it's for SS and Media?

Disclaimer:

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

It's for whatever. For example:

I just killed Desmodont. Fidelity Mantle did not drop. Happy Valentine's Day.

Comment

One more 4 tag Nyzul run and we should be done except for weapons runs. It'll be nice to have something I can realiably work on solo again, even if it is breaking latents. Between Nyzul, Limbus (which I can manage okay solo in some zones), and Orthrus I don't have anything solo-friendly at this point.
        99 DNC
        99 WHM
        99 WAR
        * 99 THF
        99 BLM * 99 RDM *
        99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Seekers of Adoulin

I swear to Altana that if Red Mage can't wear the Thurandaut Tabard set, THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY.
          Originally posted by Armando
          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
          Matthew 16:15

Comment

There's a group of people on Leviathan that send people greetings.
            They came to me last night my friends in Las Vegas set it up to wish me Happy St Patrick's day.
            The person came up to me in their bunny hat and other fancy clothes, Traded me a cabbage and juice then danced at me and did a barrage of emotes then showered my with fireworks then they ran off.

I was witing for my somebody to bring me a Linkpearl so it took me by suprise. It was an awesome experience though and I thought it was pretty sweet.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

That is awesome, lol.
              sigpic
              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

I'd only completed ToAU a couple of hours before and my friend's Ls was dispatching a pearl to me so it took me completely by suprise.
                It really made my day even though it was a simple gesture I thought it was so sweet of them to take the time to arrange it.
                Yesterday has gotto have been the best day I've had in ffxi in a long time, I didnt really do much either. 2 battles some cutscenes and spent the rest chatting.

Also the greetings team did it to people for Valentines day, I think it's cool that there's some people in the game that just want to spread a little joy in ffxi.
                I wish there were some of them on other servers the game needs more people like that.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

Got Mother Globe down to 1% solo blu/war today. It was my 3rd attempt. This time I forgot RR. Neither a peeve or an accomplishment, just ><

Comment

I collected a full set of pops for all 3 Sky Gods a while back. I ended up sitting on them for weeks until I finally shouted discounted prices and sold them all for 2.5mil for the set.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

I've been without fast pants for far FAR too long, and now that sky is all but soloable I'm really out of excuses. I especially want to get them this week if possible because I'm supposed to do NNI this weekend and I'm afraid I'll be a liability without +movement speed.

Of course, I could just buy the seals for reasonable prices. Bazaars on Lakshmi have Kirin pop sets as low as half a mil each, but I'm a little broke after blowing a bunch of money on Novio and Zaffre Cape. I had to give farming them myself a try, though. I never did sky back in the old days, so it's still entertaining to me. Going around popping various NMs not knowing what to expect from the fight and adapting makes me feel a bit like the rdm I used to be.

Somebody in LS earlier today said that the problem with FFXI right now is that everything is known, and obviously that's not entirely true, but I think he was onto something. As much as I'd bitch in the past about things like the excessive mystery around mundane things like food and medicine effects, a big part of the fun of FFXI in the past was learning, discovering new things, and growing based on that information. Now not only has that sense of growing in power been stripped out of the leveling system, but everything about the mechanics, optimal gear sets and play styles, etc is down to a science. It makes the whole experience much more static.

Comment

The greatest argument against pre-Abyssea FFXI.

In short, people always were, are, and will be idiots. They just have significantly less impact on you reaching level cap, now.
                        No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                        Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                        GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                        However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                        Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                          Seekers of Adoulin

I swear to Altana that if Red Mage can't wear the Thurandaut Tabard set, THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	300px-Thurandaut_Tabard_description.png
Views:	1
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	1476661

Comment

Well, no surprises there.
                            Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                            Name: Drjones
                            Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

I'm surprised that rdm isn't inexplicably included in a piece with such a high agi bonus.

Comment

Working...
                              X