Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50 Million Gil Ballista Challenge - Think You're Up To Snuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Million Gil Ballista Challenge - Think You're Up To Snuff?

Has anyone seen this? This guy is offering to pay for your server transfer for you to fight him for 50 million Gil and win. The guy seems pretty straightforward on his skill and someone else vouched for him. I'd love to see Yyg or Cid tangle with him.

50,000,000g Bounty - FFXIAH.com

For those who don't wish to click.

By
    Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-07 02:04:57Link | Quote | Reply

This is open to anyone on Phoenix of course, or any other server/transfers for that matter. I think this is the right area, but due to the (all) server nature of it, move it to general if deemed necessary.

If you can beat me in 1v1 combat:

Fee: Ãœberkuchen
    Reward: 50,000,000g, 25$USD via Paypal for the server transfer home.

Any job combination is allowed.
    Any and all gear is allowed.

-First to three kills is the winner.
    -No consumables, no food.
    (Use ammo/ninjutsu pouches before hand, so the tools/ammo are in your active inventory)
    -Time limit two hours.
    -Main job is announced by both participants (Dark Knight for me).
    -Job(s) stay static for all three encounters.
    -If postens are present, running to them is forfeit, as is being aggroed by them.

The battles will take place at Diorama Abdhaljs-Ghelsba or Abdhaljs Isle-Purgonorgo.

Bring people to watch, or record if you wish.

I'll leave this open for a month or two and keep the reward on hand.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Also:

Please understand that I am a human, not an NPC.
    I do leave the computer quite a bit.
    I also idle in Port Jeuno as a Mandragora looking adorable as a mother ***, so chat log gets wiped from long /aways.
    So if you send me a /tell and I do not reply instantly keep your panties on.

-You will be fought after I'm done leading LS events.
    -I might be sleeping, or eating, or dealing with my life.
    -I am not ignoring you, if I am currently on the game you WILL get an answer, and you WILL be "helped" in the order in which you are received.

I've never avoided anyone in regards to PvP so don't flatter yourself into thinking you're the first.

Thank you.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Protip - You are not penalized in Ballista for switching the ammo slot. Handy for any job that can employ varied effects from ammo types.
    Last edited by Melody; 10-11-2012, 06:06 PM.
    Heavensward Stats - Main Story: Cleared | Alexander Normal: 4/4 | Alexander: Savage 0/4 | Relic: Last Resort (Scholar) | Mahatma: 2/12

Re: 50 Million Gil Ballista Challenge - Think You're Up To Snuff?

Uberkuchen the food item?

This reminds me of the kill contracts people used to post in EVE. <_<;
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

The real question is would sleeping him work? I've never played DRK so I wouldn't know if DRK has sleep resist built into the job.
      Heavensward Stats - Main Story: Cleared | Alexander Normal: 4/4 | Alexander: Savage 0/4 | Relic: Last Resort (Scholar) | Mahatma: 2/12

Comment

Originally posted by Melody View Post
        The real question is would sleeping him work? I've never played DRK so I wouldn't know if DRK has sleep resist built into the job.
        Resist Paralyze.

Which is potentially even more annoying, mid combat, but at least he's not likely to Paralyze you, either.
        Originally posted by Armando
        No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
        Originally posted by Armando
        Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
        Matthew 16:15

Comment

Sleep is useless, all he has to do is pop a poison potion or put up shadows.

Far better to hit him with slience, slow, blind and paralyze.
          Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
          Reiko Takahashi
          - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
          Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
            Sleep is useless, all he has to do is pop a poison potion or put up shadows.

Far better to hit him with slience, slow, blind and paralyze.
            Use of items is prohibited I think.

Comment

people ballista? boooooring
              99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
              -Farsha (90) Completed!!
              -Verth (90) Completed!!
              -Guttler (95) Completed!
              -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
              -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
              -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

I can tell first hand that DRK is really really good in ballista. DRK/RDM is amazing due to the fact that DRK has enfeebling skill. Ice spikes will para whoever you are fighting and phalanx will reduce incoming damage. Aspir II and I will take most of your MP and absorb-TP will reduce your WS output and increase the DRK's. the DRK can also diaga you to take away your shadows and use break on you while he enfeebles you. Nukes while you are /rdm do about 400 damage which is pretty decent. plus with some resist gear you can have really decent defense against enfeebs. Overall get some good practice in against a DRK if you wanna win lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Melody View Post
                  Use of items is prohibited I think.
                  Doesn't matter, he can still get shadows from subbing RDM if items are prohibited.

Plus what good is sleep going to do? It breaks on damage so unless you can take him down in one burst combination he's just going to 2 hour and destroy you, or sleep you back and heal up if he's /RDM.

In PvP, crowd control effects that break on damage are only useful for giving yourself some breathing room or as an escape tool really. You can't use them offensively because using offence with them just breaks it instantly. What you want to look for is effects like Stun, Paralyse, Slow, Silence, stat drains etc. DRKs are one of the few classes that can hope to take on a mage in ballista and win because they have the tools to take one apart.
                  Reiko Takahashi
                  Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

also could just sub SCH and use sublimation to be sleep proof

Comment

But he also loses the ability to silence/blind/para/slow people.
                      Reiko Takahashi
                      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
                        Doesn't matter, he can still get shadows from subbing RDM if items are prohibited.

Plus what good is sleep going to do? It breaks on damage so unless you can take him down in one burst combination he's just going to 2 hour and destroy you, or sleep you back and heal up if he's /RDM.

In PvP, crowd control effects that break on damage are only useful for giving yourself some breathing room or as an escape tool really. You can't use them offensively because using offence with them just breaks it instantly. What you want to look for is effects like Stun, Paralyse, Slow, Silence, stat drains etc. DRKs are one of the few classes that can hope to take on a mage in ballista and win because they have the tools to take one apart.
                        Perhaps you should re-read the rules. No 2 hours allowed. I also didn't think DRK was that much of a power house to begin with when being /RDM. That's pretty insane. Will give me new reason to try out and level DRK.

Comment

By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-07 02:04:57
                          Link | Quote | Reply

This is open to anyone on Phoenix of course, or any other server/transfers for that matter. I think this is the right area, but due to the (all) server nature of it, move it to general if deemed necessary.

If you can beat me in 1v1 combat:

Fee: Ãœberkuchen
                          Reward: 50,000,000g, 25$USD via Paypal for the server transfer home.

Any job combination is allowed.
                          Any and all gear is allowed.

-First to three kills is the winner.
                          -No consumables, no food.
                          (Use ammo/ninjutsu pouches before hand, so the tools/ammo are in your active inventory)
                          -Time limit two hours, 2hrs may be used once.
                          -Main job is announced by both participants (Dark Knight for me).
                          -Job stays static for all three encounters.
                          -If postens are present, running to them is forfeit, as is being aggroed by them.
                          -Once the first battle has ensued if a participant leaves the zone except disconnect/log out they forfeit.
                          I did?

And DRK/RDM is a horrible job combination for PvE (you want DRK/WAR), it's just status effects that that useful for PvP.
                          Reiko Takahashi
                          Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Well we're not talking about PvE Firewind. We're talking about PvP so it seems. Since it's a 1v1 fight.

Comment

Reread you post again and then me response. You expressed interest in DRK/RDM, I was saying that it's horrible for anything other than PvP (which basically never happens in FFXI)
                              Reiko Takahashi
                              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Working...
                              X