99 Relic-Class Weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 Relic-Class Weapons

Well, looks like SE came through (sort of). Though they aren't on the official game server yet due to further balancing, they are in the .dats and holy jesus fuck are they powerful. I also want to say that I totally called it for Bard, but DAMN the 99's are monstrous!

Almost makes up for the horrendous 95 trials - almost.

Index of /ffxi/2011-12-14 (December)

As a few quick examples (because it's late and I'm tired, and I'm not done reading the list myself either) Aegis goes up to -50% MDT, Ochain 35% MP return on blocks (which is just ridiculous) and Daurdabla, as I predicted, allows for an insane four songs. Goodbye bard rotations, and gg COR? I mean shit...

Also, no one seems to have any idea wtf "Afterglow" means, and we likely won't know for quite a while. Also it seems that SE jacked up the Aftermath for mythics too, so they now effectively give double and triple attack.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Re: 99 Relic-Class Weapons

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
    and gg COR? I mean shit...
    Didn't they say in the roadmap that they were planning on allowing COR to utilize 3 rolls at once? I'll have to read back myself but I swear they said it at one point. Even still... 4 trumps 3 every time. Simple math... ask Armando.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Actually I'd expect Armando to come in with an in-depth analysis of how much greater 4 is than 3 based on the available buffs. 4 would be greater than 3 by a lot more than 1 I suspect.
      Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
      Name: Drjones
      Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
        Actually I'd expect Armando to come in with an in-depth analysis of how much greater 4 is than 3 based on the available buffs. 4 would be greater than 3 by a lot more than 1 I suspect.
        You are correct... but hush... before you wake the beast.

Comment

the upgrade items havent been found yet have they?
          99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
          -Farsha (90) Completed!!
          -Verth (90) Completed!!
          -Guttler (95) Completed!
          -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
          -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
          -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Also, no one seems to have any idea wtf "Afterglow" means, and we likely won't know for quite a while.
            Effect has the same duration as that warm happy feeling you get after the weapon makes you cream your pants. Obviously.
            Also it seems that SE jacked up the Aftermath for mythics too, so they now effectively give double and triple attack.
            The way we all expected it to be in the first place?
            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

And only took them, what? Five years?
              sigpic
              "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
              Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                Effect has the same duration as that warm happy feeling you get after the weapon makes you cream your pants. Obviously.The way we all expected it to be in the first place?
                Eh, no, there was never any mention of triple attack before >.> what we thought at first was that you got all 3 effects to varying degrees based on TP. They've just gone and added "occasionally attacks twice or thrice" to 99 mythics for lv 3 AM.

Really, really want to know just wtf afterglow is (permanent AM o.o ?) And the items to upgrade to 99 can be obtained now, just the 99 weapons themselves aren't available due to further balance testing. I suspect that 99 Spharai is going to get nerfed a bit as 52 base DMG is rather obscene for a H2H, particularly when Verethragna caps at 44.
                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

The upgrade items for the Relic Gear have been found. Most seem to be called "Forgotten" something or other. You'll love it, Romyro. They drop off mobs in Dynamis. I checked it out today for myself after my EXP party. They fall like rain and don't require a proc of any kind to trigger a drop. A buddy of mine walked out of 1 run with 30 "Forgotten Touches" for his Relic hands +2. I only spent about 15 min inside since I knew I wouldn't be playing again until tomorrow. I killed 5 mobs and got 3 upgrade items. This was in Dynamis - Bastok. I didn't even leave the area you zone into. I just pulled them to the door.

As for Relic weapons... I haven't heard yet about them.

(elemental based)ToM weapon upgrades on the other hand seem to be these new stones that drop (just like Geodes do... corresponding to the day/weather) that are named after the elemental avatars (aka Garudite, Titandite, Ramudite...etc). You only need 15 of them this time and their drop rate is half-decent. It also seems that the drop rate is increased with a THF present. We were getting a lot when we had one in the EXP party. As soon as he left it's like we couldn't get any. Maybe their drop rate can be effected by TH? Either way, they seem to follow the same rules as Geodes do.

On a related note... their introduction seems to have slowed down the drop rate on Geodes significantly. It might be a different story outside Abyssea (where we have weather) but for now it seems that only one or the other can drop. I suspect this will cause an immediate increase in Geode cost.

Comment

Thanks yag, i was acutally mid post in the goals section. you'll see it soon.

also, check my post in the pet peeve section...very nervous.

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                    -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                    -Verth (90) Completed!!
                    -Guttler (95) Completed!
                    -Aegis just started

Comment

NP boss. Just passing along information as I come across it.

Also:
                      Originally posted by Romyro View Post
                      Thanks yag, i was acutally mid post in the goals section. you'll see it soon.

also, check my post in the pet peeve section...very nervous.
                      Thanks yag, i was acutally mid post in the goals section.
                      Thanks yag
                      yag

Comment

oh wow...horrible rom...horrible.

sorry Yyg (aka tree of life)

i give you permiisison to call me Ram a few times.

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                        -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                        -Verth (90) Completed!!
                        -Guttler (95) Completed!
                        -Aegis just started

Comment

You got it, Ramrod.

(a satisfying start)

Comment

Romyro, do you have any links to the upgraded stats of Relic +2's? (or +3s too if you can find it anywhere)

Comment

yes, gimme a sec

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Head Category:Trial of the Magians Heads - BGWiki
                              Body Category:Trial of the Magians Bodies - BGWiki
                              Hands Category:Trial of the Magians Hands - BGWiki
                              Legs Category:Trial of the Magians Legs - BGWiki
                              Feet Category:Trial of the Magians Feet - BGWiki

scroll down past the Emp trials. i think thers 2 trials. Forgotten trial, then the 20k xp trial. far right coloumn shows whats gets augmented on once you get 20k xp in the specific zone

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Not gonna lie, i'm liking MOST of the Monster +2 stuff.
                              Reward III
                              -Reward
                              enh call beast

i'm a nut...must have all +2 relic!!!!!

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

come on YYG. i got like 45 minutes left at work. we gonna talk about cool relic+2 pieces or what. been F5-ing for like 20 minutes.

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                              -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                              -Verth (90) Completed!!
                              -Guttler (95) Completed!
                              -Aegis just started

Comment

Working...
                              X