3/8 Dev stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/8 Dev stuff

Don’t think I can create a topic in the ‘news’ area. Was this stuff posted anywhere here? Saw it on BG then saw it on the new SE site…thingy

Various aspects of Dynamis will be overhauled in the next major version update and beyond.
    § Applicable Areas:
    Dynamis - San d'Oria / Dynamis - Bastok / Dynamis - Windurst /
    Dynamis - Jeuno / Dynamis - Beaucedine / Dynamis - Xarcabard
    § Adjustments:
    § Reservations will no longer be required to enter the above areas.
    § New key items will replace the "Timeless Hourglass" and "Perpetual Hourglass" items needed for entry.
    § The key items need only be obtained once.
    § It will be made available at an affordable price via the Goblin NPCs presently dealing in hourglasses.
    § Time restriction for entry will be changed to once per Earth day.
    § Trigger items will be introduced as a new spawn condition for certain notorious monsters (NMs).
    § Monster distribution will receive drastic revisions.

§ Monsters will yield experience points (excluding certain NMs).

The upcoming version update will see the stack size adjusted for certain items.

The upcoming version update will see the following changes made to the item delivery system:
    § Adjustments
    § It will be possible to send EX items to characters belonging to the same PlayOnline account.
    § The list of deliverable EX items will be expanded gradually in order to maintain game balance and ensure that proper testing is conducted.
    The upcoming version update will see the following additions made to Abyssea.
    § Adjustments
    § New ways to obtain Empyrean upgrade seals will be added.
    § New ways to obtain Empyrean upgrade cards will be added.
    99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
    -Farsha (90) Completed!!
    -Verth (90) Completed!!
    -Guttler (95) Completed!
    -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
    -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
    -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Re: 3/8 Dev stuff

§ New ways to obtain Empyrean upgrade seals will be added.
    § New ways to obtain Empyrean upgrade cards will be added.
    I wonder, actually new ways or just more quests that never seem to give you the seals you want or more NM's.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I think what they meant are MEW WAYS.

FOR EVERYBODY

Comment

When they say ‘cards’ does that mean +2 items?

I hope so. It is damn near impossible for me to get Ferine head +2.
        The worm and the hecteye are constantly camped and theirs no way I’m doing T3 for a chance at 1 drop…

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
        -Farsha (90) Completed!!
        -Verth (90) Completed!!
        -Guttler (95) Completed!
        -Aegis just started

Comment

You mean to tell me that of all those things... you guys are most curious about... seal-drop distribution and methods?

am I the only one that saw:

§ Adjustments
          § It will be possible to send EX items to characters belonging to the same PlayOnline account.
          § The list of deliverable EX items will be expanded gradually in order to maintain game balance and ensure that proper testing is conducted.

So if I want to MULE my freaking rare/ex items... I can? Thats stuid... and retarded... it's stupid-tarded.

What should my mule's name be? Thiswasadumbideabutimdoingitanywaybecausesehasmyballsinavicegrip? Is that too long? I think thats too long...
          Last edited by Yygdrasil; 03-09-2011, 10:43 AM.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
          99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
          99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

sorry guys. just realized this was posted in a different topic ; ;

but it's not really being talked about in that topic so maybe it's ok?

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
            -Farsha (90) Completed!!
            -Verth (90) Completed!!
            -Guttler (95) Completed!
            -Aegis just started

Comment

yyg: why is that stupid? EX items are the way they are to keep them from being sold. You can't sell to yourself in any meaningful sense.

Imagine being able to use your main character to farm SJ items, Kazham keys, Aht Uhrgan pass items, etc., for your mule(s)... sounds pretty convenient to me. But I think the big thing everyone is complaining about filling their inventory is seals for the wrong jobs -- now you can send them to mules that might even level those jobs, or that can just stash them in case you want to level that job in a few years.
              Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
              RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
              All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

If this means I can dump my Cirein-Croin's Lanterns on my mule so I can simultaneously group for Carabosse & Solo CC, then hells-freaking yes.
                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I always wondered why EX items could not be sent to same account characters, this will be nice to have, depending on what they allow, I would love to send some of those EX weapons and armors I have to my mule for safe keeping, along with a few other things.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Should work with currency too. Which is not EX, obviously, but it would have been nice to send alexandrites to my mule instead of having to log in and dual box to trade, or if I hadn't even had two accounts, find a trustworthy friend to pass them over to me on my mule.

Sending ABCs, Bynes, Alex, etc. to a mule would be amazing.
                    sigpic
                    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

My only issue with the transfering to EX items is this:

I have a terrible feeling that it's going to cause people to lot EVERYTHING. Lots of players decide not to lot on something simply because they don't have the job leveled. That's fine. It's logical. You don't want to waste your storage space. Now if those same people could free up say... 45% of their storage while dumping all the random things they pick up onto a mule, what happens then? Those same greedy LS leaders and those same "gimme gimme"s start to lot and hoard every item they would normally have passed on. For what? To let it collect dust on a mule for some future point in time when they decide they have nothing better to do than level PUP? I remember when storage was a problem... I liked that. It forced you to decide on what was important to you and what wasn't. When they introduced The Mog Sack and mog Satchel... I had mixed feelings. Sure I'm happy that I can store more things and delte one of my mules... but at the same time... I liked having to shuffle things around and make room wherever I could.

Don't get me wrong. I know I'm being a bit 2 sided... but I am happy that they did this. I'm happy that I can finally move all those RARE/EX items I got while playing solo... or the random rare/ex crap that fell to me when noone else in the party wanted it. I'm a hoarder by nature. I can't stand the thought of getting rid of any of my rare/ex gear... even if it's crap... or even if I never anticipate using it.

What i'm going to have a problem with are the people who are going to scoop up rare/ex items deliberately... simply based on a "Meh... I don't have one yet... *take*" basis. I know it'll happen. I just dread the incresed competition.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                      99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                      99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

All I really want is to be able to mail those Trotter Boots that I got in the last Mog Bonanaza to me FROM my mule.
                        Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                        99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                        F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                        >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                          My only issue with the transfering to EX items is this:

I have a terrible feeling that it's going to cause people to lot EVERYTHING.
                          Well, you need sensible lotting rules, and not allowing total jerks in your alliance/LS. People who can use it now > people who have a real plan to use it later > people lotting just because. (If the second category is too much of an honor system for you you can go by actual level in a relevant job.)

There was a guy in my old dynamis ls renowned for lotting everything -- but only if there was nobody who actually had that job leveled and needed it, because otherwise it would have been against the ls rules.

I bet he gained about 60 inventory space when porter moogles came out. But if it was all stuff nobody else was using anyway, who cares if he lotted it all?
                          Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                          RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                          All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Working...
                          X