Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your FFXI goals of the week!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Squiggs
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    Good luck and all that Yyg, I'm rooting for you.

    But, seriously, this:

    Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
    Yggy...finally lost it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Yygdrasil
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    I anticipate being finished... in about a year. If I can manage it in less time awesome... but I don't expect to. Alexandrite/Inchor are the 2 hardest parts of the entire questline. You either pay out the ass for them in gil... or you suffer getting pennies worth every time you participate in their respective events. I expect to be doing a little of column A and a little of column B. If i keep up Dynamis on top of everything else, I can earn gil towards buying Alex over time.

    Currently... 1 Alexandrite = 6,000 gil

    If I end up farming half and buying the other half... I'd stand to pay out around 90,000,000. I already have 10,000,000 mil on me saved up. In the time between now... and when i actually need to start turning it in, I expect to have around 25mil.

    It's going to be a long road... but I think of it as a prestige thing. I'm not in it for the bragging rights... just to know that I finished one of the single hardest quests in the game.

    Also: Obtaining the 3 T4 ZNM items will also get me the 3 KI's I need to access the PW fight. While I'm at it, I'll also be able to tackle one of the all-time hardest NMs in the game to boot! Win-Win!

    Leave a comment:


  • Raydeus
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    I knew this day would come but it still ain't pretty.

    Yggy...finally lost it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Yygdrasil
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    Goal: Obtain Nirvana

    No srsly... the Mythic Staff for SMN.

    Requirements:

    Captain Wildcat Badge

    Floor 100 of Nyzul isle and recorded

    All Assault Missions finished and recorded
    - 10 Assaults for each of the 5 zones for a total of 50

    All 3 ToAU Beastman Bosses Killed and titles obtained
    - Gulfurlur the Menacing
    - Medusa
    - Gulool Ja Ja

    All 4 Salvage Chariots Killed and titles obtained
    - Sun Chariot
    - Star Chariot
    - Comet Chariot
    - Moon Chariot

    Einherjar Odin Killed and title obtained
    - Smouldering Lamp*
    - Rossweisse's Feather
    - Grimgerde's Feather
    - Siegrune's Feather
    - Helmwige's Feather
    - Schwertleite's Feather
    - Waltraute's Feather
    - Ortlinde's Feather
    - Brunhilde's Feather
    - Gerhilde's Feather
    *Obtained after completing all 9 areas

    150,000 Nyzul Isle Tokens
    - Obtained in varied amounts after every successful mission

    100,000 Inchor from Einherjar
    - Obtained in varied amounts after every successful mission

    30,000 Alexandrites from Salvage
    - Obtained from Gears in Salvage zones as well as from Chariot Bosses in varied amounts

    All 3 T4 Zeni Notorious Monster Items (100% drop rate)
    - Tyger's Tail
    - Tinnin's Fang
    - Sarameya's Hide

    Fight Zahak/Balrahn

    -------------------------------------------------------

    Wish me luck! Tomorrow I start by:
    Collecting the 9 keys to access the 3 Beastman Leaders
    Climb to Nyzul Isle floor 60/100
    Run Salvage - Bhaflau Remnants for the win
    Run Einherjar - Rossweisse's Chamber for the win
    &
    Take a retarded number of pictures to turn in for zeni over time

    Leave a comment:


  • Squiggs
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    Since my Dyna group wants to start mixing in Abyssea every other week for Zone/Cat clears, I've decided its time to dust off Warrior and start skilling up.

    Goals:
    Skill up for red/blue proc to at least somewhere north of 300 and do the trial WS.
    Dagger - capped for WAR, still a bit to go for DNC
    G.Axe- 370
    Axe - 310
    Sword - 245 (from 137 yesterday morning)
    Polearm - 235
    Club - 230
    Staff - 210
    G.Sword - 145 (from 0 yesterday evening)
    Scythe - 0

    For the time being, I'll probably be going on BLM or WHM, but it'll be nice to have options.

    Leave a comment:


  • Yygdrasil
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    Originally posted by Romyro View Post
    just checked on my phone. on cerb 46 in stock averaging 75-80k a piece ><
    Mistype on the Garudite #. I meant to say 15. I know better than that.

    As for the price. They go for 70-80k on Valefor... but if you check the history for today and yesterday... certain people are selling for as low as 10-30k. You just have to catch them at the right times. (I usually check about 10 minutes after Windsday ends)

    Leave a comment:


  • Squiggs
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    Originally posted by Romyro View Post
    Gotcha I though anything that aggroed at 75 still aggrod at 99…haven been to LoO in a long time.
    This is right.

    Leave a comment:


  • Romyro
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    I alreayd have 5/10 Garudites and 35/55 Geodes. I have a buddy in my LS who is willing to give me the remaining Geodes... but only when I arrive at that trial. Her actual offer was to give me all 55... but in the time between then and now, I've accumulated more than I thought.
    I think you need 15 Garudites ; ;
    As for Couerls... LoO cats are too low a level for a 99. They proc as TW. Given that I'm doing this all solo, it's an option I passed up.
    Gotcha I though anything that aggroed at 75 still aggrod at 99…haven been to LoO in a long time.

    Maze is a good idea for farming, but I've always considered Grauberg {s} to be a more consistant Wind Weather area. Also... the Funguar there (copper caps?) are really squishy and EP to a 99.

    Garudites are my biggest problem at the moment... but I've watched the AH prices dip as low at 10k each at some points this week. I'm hoping to catch a few more at that price before I'm finish tomorrow. Worst case senario I go to Grauberg and farm my ass off for a few hours.
    Wow…I coulda sworn 2 days ago Garudites were going for 90k a piece on cerb. Forget farming if they are 10k.

    ---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

    just checked on my phone. on cerb 46 in stock averaging 75-80k a piece ><

    Leave a comment:


  • Yygdrasil
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    lmao... well pop on and have a look. You can do it while auto-running somewhere.

    Leave a comment:


  • cidbahamut
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    Hell if I know man. I haven't logged in since I got my hands on Skyrim.

    Leave a comment:


  • Yygdrasil
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    I alreayd have 5/10 Garudites and 35/55 Geodes. I have a buddy in my LS who is willing to give me the remaining Geodes... but only when I arrive at that trial. Her actual offer was to give me all 55... but in the time between then and now, I've accumulated more than I thought.

    As for Couerls... LoO cats are too low a level for a 99. They proc as TW. Given that I'm doing this all solo, it's an option I passed up.

    Maze is a good idea for farming, but I've always considered Grauberg {s} to be a more consistant Wind Weather area. Also... the Funguar there (copper caps?) are really squishy and EP to a 99.

    Garudites are my biggest problem at the moment... but I've watched the AH prices dip as low at 10k each at some points this week. I'm hoping to catch a few more at that price before I'm finish tomorrow. Worst case senario I go to Grauberg and farm my ass off for a few hours.

    Have we determined if the 'Ites" work the same way as Geodes? Are they Weather & Day dependant... or just day? The only ones I ever see drop, drop on the day. I haven't had time to do much testing on weather... but assuming i go to Grauberg tomorrow, I'll get my chance.

    ---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

    Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
    It's not a whole lot, but it's enough to do trials to iirc. Also enough to pull in a few geodes back when I was camping Ose.
    Are they EP? I checked when i was there camping for my Moldy Earring and I could have sworn they were TW. I'll have to check again.

    Also: Got any Garudites you wana give/sell me, Cid?

    Leave a comment:


  • cidbahamut
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    Originally posted by Romyro View Post
    [/COLOR]does LoO get wind weather much? i forget.
    If your on courels, you can probably go there too and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
    It's not a whole lot, but it's enough to do trials to iirc. Also enough to pull in a few geodes back when I was camping Ose.

    Leave a comment:


  • Romyro
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    If you need merits or anything and want to save a buck, might I suggest Maze of Shzxczcvzcvzc GoV pages?.

    There’s a 3 Bat/3 Crawler page you can do. Neither mob aggros. Bats do not link but the Crawlers do.

    I suggest this because in the hours I was trying for Fisher’s Rope, I left with about 10 Breeze Geodes and 8 Garudite thingy’s. Lots of wind weather there.
    Those 2 items seem to be in highest demand (for obvious reasons) and can be pretty pricey.

    ---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

    does LoO get wind weather much? i forget.
    If your on courels, you can probably go there too and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

    Leave a comment:


  • Yygdrasil
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    Finished my Mandragora Trial for the Garuda Staff this morning and started the final mob trial before Geodes/Garudites; 250 Couerls. So far i've killed 30 of them before I had to go back to sleep. Something about constantly killing the same mob over and over was just too tiring for me today. I'll finish it tonight and tomorrow morning and cash in everything else towards my final Vayu's staff +4 (or whatever the new name is).

    Leave a comment:


  • Romyro
    replied
    Re: Post your FFXI goals of the week!

    Don't do it man, you'll go crazy
    Oh I’m pretty sure of this. Just going from 0-11 has gotten me a little coo-coo. But I need something to work towards in this game ya know. I feel like I’m running out of reasons to play and I don’t like that feeling.

    I’m not satisfied with my other long term goals right now

    -Get Atma of Savior
    //For the most part I just need Fame/quests…I have most of the NM atmas.

    -Get some Misc Bst pieces
    //There’s some slightly better situational pieces still out there I guess.

    -Eventually finish all Missions (WotG & Bastok left).
    //WotG might take a bit but Bastok will take all but a couple days

    -Finish Guttler/Farsha (or close to it)
    //Not even sure how much farther I can take these axes.

    So…I feel like I need to add a little crazy. In which I’m adding this goal.

    -Take a Craft to 100+
    //chose a cheap one that will keep me occupied.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X