Abyssea Pre-Orders are up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abyssea Pre-Orders are up!

It's not on POL.com yet but you can now pre-order from the viewer on the XI page.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Re: Abyssea Pre-Orders are up!

The Abyssea site also has a trailer, information on "Empyrean Weapons" (the GK is Masamune) and new mob types. Some are based on existing mobs (mandy, morbol, behemoth, peiste -- if they're being mentioned as new mobs it might mean they will have at least some new abilities like Wild Carrot, Condemnation etc., although that's just speculation at this point) and some are completely new.

Most of the weapons are pretty cool looking. I hope COR gets access to Armageddon.

And if I'm not mistaken, one of the new mobs is... evil puppets? I wonder if there will be a Calcobrena NM?

Edit: Forgot to mention, the new and reskinned mobs won't be the only mobs in Abyssea; the trailer also shows a sandworm and an eft, and parties fighting a corse and one of those floating heads from WotG northlands.

Edit 2: It looks like all the outdoor shots in the trailer are set in either La Theine, Konschtat, or Tahrongi. All are areas that are not accessible in the Crystal War era, is there some connection? (BTW, do we know whether or not Tavnazia has already been destroyed in the accessible parts of the Crystal War era? I don't recall any mention of it either way, although I haven't finished the WotG storylines yet.)
    Last edited by Karinya; 06-07-2010, 09:08 PM.
    Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
    RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
    All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Great. Weapons that make everybody look like they're compensating for something.

S-E, I am disappoint.

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Oh, and by the way, the news is on playonline.com now.
      Originally posted by Armando
      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
      Matthew 16:15

Comment

Wondering if these are going to be relic/mythic difficulty to obtain and whether the new weaponskills are tied to them.

Comment

Well, the WS demo video was not made with these weapons. Although I suppose they might have hacked.

It's possible that they are connected only in the mythic weapon sense, not like relic weapons where you have to complete the weapon to get the WS.

Or there might be no connection besides the fact that there are fifteen weapon categories (not counting throwing) and they didn't feel like making a gun *and* a crossbow.
          Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
          RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
          All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Do want:

Halo Plasma rifle (aka: Armagedon)
            Polearm
            Sword
            Dagger

INB4 New Behemoth drops "Defending Belt" Haste +5% -5% dmg taken

Comment

Originally posted by Karinya View Post
              Well, the WS demo video was not made with these weapons. Although I suppose they might have hacked.

It's possible that they are connected only in the mythic weapon sense, not like relic weapons where you have to complete the weapon to get the WS.

Or there might be no connection besides the fact that there are fifteen weapon categories (not counting throwing) and they didn't feel like making a gun *and* a crossbow.
              Chances are, neither these weapons or the new WS have anything at all to do with Mythic Weapons. Mythic Weapons are all JSE, one specific one for each job. The new Weapons and WS are more likely involved in Magian trials then Mythic stuff.

I'm liking the Gaxe, looks like it has a massive blunt blade, which is kinda cool. The dagger looks kinda fruity, too many colors for my taste. And I can't stop loling at the laser gun. Pew pew space pirate, pew pew~
              "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Well at least now we know the update is coming the 21st. I hope the new mobs are squishy enough to actually xp on, otherwise the new zone(s) won't be used much.
                "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

You'd think people will HAVE to go to higher-level mobs for XP at some point, but I could imagine people keeping a job at 75 for the sake of camping the little pink birds, and people sync to that. After all, you only need the one sync, and you can use the XP for merits then anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Nuriko View Post
                    You'd think people will HAVE to go to higher-level mobs for XP at some point, but I could imagine people keeping a job at 75 for the sake of camping the little pink birds, and people sync to that. After all, you only need the one sync, and you can use the XP for merits then anyway...
                    While Level Sync is active, players will receive 100% of the experience points they are eligible to obtain at their reduced level. Experience will not be gained, however, should any of the following occur:

* The designee is unconscious when an enemy is defeated.
                    * The designee is too far from the battle to receive experience.
                    * The designee has not completed their limit break quest and is unable to gain further experience.
                    ololol
                    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                      ololol
                      I think he means having one person be a 75 job that exists solely for merit farming, while everyone else syncs down to that for mad EXPz.

75 Job doesn't go anywhere while in merit mode; 76+rs enjoy broken gameplay for a while longer.

Comment

Unless SE changes the Merit level to 80 with the update this loop hole does sound viable.
                        "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

The idea that people would continue to exploit pink birds for that very reason is reason enough for me to not come out of my FFXI retirement.

Because they totally will do this. There will be LSes with BRDs that never leave 75. Of course, only the officers will be allowed to not level up their BRDs past 75, as they wouldn't want to bring those to events, now would they

-----------------

I don't see SE raising the merit eligibility cap past 75 with these updates, that would be very, very cruel.

For one, that would mean all those abilities would be inaccessible until 99. These are level 75 abilites, they should be earnable at 75. Additionally if they just turned them into level 75 abilites you got when you turn 75, you're dicking over the people that spent hours upon hours upon hours meritting to get them.

If you thought CoP purists would give SE an earfull about the uncapping of CoP missions, they'd be given hell for giving away merit abilities.

Finally if they just pushed it all back to 99, there would be very little room to add a new tier of merits for level 99 - and level 99 is the perfect excuse to add another tier of merits abilities.

What I think SE should do is rework how you gain merits.

Back when I played Everquest Online adventures, you could go into massive EXP debt for death. Even so, for every kill you made part of it went to the debt and the remainder went toward your next level.

What if they made it so for every 10k you earned toward your next level, you got 2.5k limit points toward a merit or something of that nature? This way you can Merit and EXP at the same time. When you hit the EXP cap, it then all goes to limit points like before.

Perhaps the best way to go about that would be to give the players some kind of slider bar that lets them decide how much EXP goes toward the next level and how much toward a merit. They could make it accessible when you turn 75 and speak to Maat and that Moogle buddy of his.
                          Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 06-08-2010, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                            Of course, only the officers will be allowed to not level up their BRDs past 75, as they wouldn't want to bring those to events, now would they?
                            *snicker*
                            Originally posted by Feba
                            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                            Originally posted by DakAttack
                            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                              75 Job doesn't go anywhere while in merit mode
                              And are therefore ineligible for level sync.

Heck, I'm pretty sure I remember hearing about somebody testing this in a merit party setup, and that even now, before the level cap has even been increased, it doesn't work.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Really, I'm going to laugh once the update hits, and the people who think they'll be all clever and cheat the system for easy merits above level 75 realize that what they're planning isn't going to work at all. I'll ready the popcorn.
                              GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                              X