Pixie Power!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pixie Power!

It seems that pixies are showing up in the present on multiple servers all of the sudden. Someone speculated on FFXIAH forums that this might have been caused by one of the magian trials, which seems more likely than SE simply deciding "we haven't seen them show up enough, let's 'adjust' it".

Or maybe all the new shit is just making people forget about Dark Ixion for a while, since that's the only good reason to kill them. (Ixion gear, the "blood diamonds" of FFXI.)

So far on Sylph I've seen them in Buburimu and Tahrongi, but I've only just started looking in other zones. Following both of them around as /RNG, they seems to be only one in each zone, and they roam the whole zone.
    Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
    99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
    F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
    >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Re: Pixie Power!

I've never seen them in the present. I always just figured that the process of getting them to show up was just too much of a pain in the ass for anyone to care.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
      I've never seen them in the present. I always just figured that the process of getting them to show up was just too much of a pain in the ass for anyone to care.
      I agree. I have never seen them as well. They never showed up in the present on my server. Could be because I am not looking hard enough.

*Shrugs*

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
        The thing is, they seem to have been noticed at about the same time recently on multiple servers. This means that something has changed, whether temporary or permanent. Magian trials are something recent that has caused people to kill a lot of assorted monsters all over the lands, and it's possible that killing one of the monster types increases pixie presence. Or it's possible that the number of pixie bottles from campaign union drops has increased or is finally having an effect a few months later, or due to the recent rush for medals and new past zones.

So far, the only things suspected to affect this were 1) killing pixies reducing the chance (only useful for killing Dark Ixion), and 2) releasing pixie bottles at the pond in Grauberg. So if this was due to player behavior, either something has changed one of those two, or there is a third condition that was recently triggered.

Or it could simply be a side-effect of the increased population from server merges. After all, Odin was one of the first to have a pixie sighting last year.
        Last edited by Elwynn; 04-09-2010, 08:55 AM.
        Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
        99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
        F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
        >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

I'm pretty sure pixies have been in the present ever since WoTG came out. They're just really rare and hard to find.
          ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I used to see pixies in valkurm dunes quite alot.
            I like to scold people when I see them killing a pixie.

/s shame on you, the poor pixie!

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

Well I have a picture of some people killing Urd, a pixie in the present, but I never knew that pixies showed up in the present since WotG was launched. I guess i should use widescan a lot more often. Bismark server by the way.
              Attached Files
              "It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice"
              MC Scooter.

Comment

I think Urb is one of the new NM's that's part of the Magian weapopn upgrade quest series. Just going off memory of something someone wrote about the Magian thing, so I could be wrong.
                "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoboBunny View Post
                  Well I have a picture of some people killing Urd, a pixie in the present, but I never knew that pixies showed up in the present since WotG was launched. I guess i should use widescan a lot more often. Bismark server by the way.
                  Urd, along with Skuld and Verthandi, were added with the past update and can show up (in all six zones all at the same time) in the zones around Jeuno in the past and present.

As for bringing normal pixies in the present Witchfire Glen - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more it can be done, but like I said earlier, it just seemed like it was too much of a pain in the ass. It supposedly takes a whole lot of bottled pixies.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

So far, outside of Bastok (west gate, forget name of area currently -.-) I have seen a pixie every day. So, thats...three sightings from me.

I tried killing it the first time I saw it. Did not go well. Not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcacial View Post
                      I wouldn't do that too much as many players look down upon the people who do this. Especially since they are more beneficial to players when they are alive than dedz.

I saw one in present E. Ron the other day. I'd guess they have to do with Trials of M. or campaign. Wonder if they are there for them Tier2+ "everyone'sdedz" moments. This is also the first time I've ever seen the past cities take over everywhere but the iceland(s) so maybe it has to do with "winning the crystal war" ... idk... glad they're out there tho. Little buggers have saved my arse from an untimely HP many-a-time.
                      FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                      FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                      aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcacial View Post
                        Originally posted by Neverslip
                        I wouldn't do that too much as many players look down upon the people who do this.
                        Seriously, don't do this.

I can't stress this enough

DON'T KILL THE PIXIES

Pixies - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more

loose

Comment

Pixies are great. Yay pixies!

They provide me Stygian ash. Thanks pixies.
                          ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
                            Pixies are great. Yay pixies!

They provide me Stygian ash. Thanks pixies.
                            ASS

loose

Comment

Yeah, there never was much of an incentive for people to do the Bottled Pixie quests up until now with the Magian Trials (since some require you to trade in Pixies). Good thing this is happening.
                              Originally posted by Van Wilder
                              Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
                              Originally posted by Taskmage
                              No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
                              Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
                              I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Working...
                              X