Official info vs Forum info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official info vs Forum info

i hope i dont get in trouble about this one o.o but I was wondering. since alot of people are ticked off aobut the new ffxi updates comign this year many people have gone to forums read a chunk of whats coming or mainly focus on the levle 99 cap get pissed and walk away and dont bother reading any additional information form the official source to verify

i was on mmorpg.com where peeps complained about their relic gear being crap now. and yet if they read the info on the official site they would see that Trial of the Magians can upgrade your gear but maybe im and dont understand.

another such argument was that endgame events were going to be undermanned since people move on to harder stuff....well...with higher level cap you need less people to do the run right? or am i wrong there too?

Re: Official info vs Forum info

The current end game will still be "End Game" or now "Mid-Game" as it may be known later on.

With the new level cap, and the level cap being removed in CoP zones as well, the current end game will now be easier to be done with less people.

Comment

People will get mad over the stupidest of things, and ever even try to look at the info that would counter what they think. Yes SE seems to want to give players the option to upgrade their gear, so you can choose to get the new gear, or just upgrade your current stuff, or both.

SE is not like Blizzard, they will not make all the stuff that people have worked for worthless.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
      The current end game will still be "End Game" or now "Mid-Game" as it may be known later on.

With the new level cap, and the level cap being removed in CoP zones as well, the current end game will now be easier to be done with less people.
      Well calling it endgame would be silly now, since 75 is no longer "end"

End game would be what ever we start doing at 99
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
        Well calling it endgame would be silly now, since 75 is no longer "end"

End game would be what ever we start doing at 99
        I'm guessing you didn't read my entire post...

Comment

ok cool so its not just me

Comment

I am excited about the changes but also upset in away because I know it will lead to more grinding to get to the top... 75 was hard enough lol
            Emmanuell
            Odin Server - Transplanted from Ifrit Server
            95 DRK, 95 BST
            Bastok Rank 10

sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing you didn't read my entire post...
              I read it, you called it mid-game ;p
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

I haven't seen the bit about CoP's level caps being removed before. Have they released any info on when that will be implemented? Getting a group to start CoP from scratch on Garuda (err... Lakshmi) has been impossible these past few months. But Higher lvl could prob do all but the end (and getting a group for a couple fights will be a heck of a lot easier than for a whole chain of fights).

Comment

Originally posted by Falconreiz View Post
                  I haven't seen the bit about CoP's level caps being removed before. Have they released any info on when that will be implemented? Getting a group to start CoP from scratch on Garuda (err... Lakshmi) has been impossible these past few months. But Higher lvl could prob do all but the end (and getting a group for a couple fights will be a heck of a lot easier than for a whole chain of fights).
                  I rmember seeing something about it in the news. If I could find it, I will repost it here.

Comment

I just want my drk special brand of endgame oriented moves that they say I'm gonna get. And sekkanoki lowered. so glad I bought that martial sword when I did and now im stoked as hell for spinning slash>ground strike solo distortion. or being insanely fluent in tp spam with my scythe.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonstrifeLEV View Post
                      I just want my drk special brand of endgame oriented moves that they say I'm gonna get. And sekkanoki lowered. so glad I bought that martial sword when I did and now im stoked as hell for spinning slash>ground strike solo distortion. or being insanely fluent in tp spam with my scythe.
                      lol. Sekkenoki lowerd? No, thanks! That will make Drks, and Drgs even harder to keep hate off of, and make sams less of a DD than they are now.

Lowerd Sekkenoki, no thanks! I like Sekkenoki is sams ONLY job ability, that is not usable as a sub. I love having Sekkenoki as Sams job ability only. If they lower sekkenoki, they will have to give sams another great job ability to counter for the lowered sekkenoki.

Sam is supposed to be the TP lord basically. If they do that, then Sam will no longer be the TP lord.

Comment

According to the map it will happen in June.
                        {New Sig in the works}
                        -----------------------
                        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                        "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                        Originally posted by Solymir
                        What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
                          Thanks. I can't see the picture yet (websense is so lame), but I'll take a look when I get home. So if it's June is that going to be part of the first Abyssia (Sp) expansion?

Comment

Originally posted by LeonstrifeLEV View Post
                            What are you talking about with the DRK special brand of oriented moves? I am interested in this also, so please enlighten me on the subject
                            Emmanuell
                            Odin Server - Transplanted from Ifrit Server
                            95 DRK, 95 BST
                            Bastok Rank 10

sigpic

Comment

Only the caps on the zones traveling to the BCs will be removed, the fights will still be capped. Basically they're making the easy part easier. CoP will (hopefully) still remain the hardest mission chain in the game. It's a shame it's been nerfed as much as it has though, way back when finishing CoP was seen as an accomplishment. But even now it's nothing special.

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
                              So in reality, late august.
                              "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Working...
                              X