Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FFXI and Square Enix sued! 5 million lawsuit! FFXI in trouble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXI and Square Enix sued! 5 million lawsuit! FFXI in trouble?

Kotaku - Square Enix Sued For $5 Million - PC

this is deep stuff. I guess this gives them more reason to not use PlayOnline anymore for FFXIV and just focus on clear, fair and
    accessible means to subscribe, cancel and play without the problems attached to POL and their FFXI business habits.

Re: FFXI and Square Enix sued! 5 million lawsuit! FFXI in trouble?

Well isn't that special....another frivolous lawsuit.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Retarded people are retarded.
      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Your honor, my client wishes to testify.

SE: RTFM!

The defense rests.

Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 06-24-2009, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Biggest. Manboobs. Ever.
          signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

LOL BBQ!

I thought the lawsuit was going to be a class action suit by people who had their accounts stolen or something...This is just stoopd. All the judge has to say is "WTF, why are you suing SE? I just claimed Fafnir last night..." Case closed.
            {New Sig in the works}
            -----------------------
            "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
            "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
            Originally posted by Solymir
            What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Funny, most of the cases written in the filing are in the manual, on the website and some even on the box containing the game. (Monthly fees alone comes to mind.)
              This is clearly another case of 'I want money, now who can I sue?' or 'I got banned for duping/buying or selling gil/botting/hacking/cheating/harrasing mithra/whatever, I want revenge!!'
              Last edited by Shirai; 06-25-2009, 03:55 AM.
              Quetzalcoatl Server | WHM 80 | SMN 76 | NIN 75

Comment

I feel like suing SE, I died to glitchiness the other day.
                ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

This case is gonna get thrown out as all that stuff is in the manual and all over it's website. Sounds like some old lady bought it for her kid, signed up blindly, and was getting charged without realizing it. This reminds me of that case where some Governor had a law passed in his state because his kid deleted FFXI before canceling his Content IDs and kept getting billed because they were both too stupid to RTFM.
                  "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Over 100k estimated in the class. That would be, what, nearly every FFXI player in the United States?

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                      This case is gonna get thrown out as all that stuff is in the manual and all over it's website. Sounds like some old lady bought it for her kid, signed up blindly, and was getting charged without realizing it. This reminds me of that case where some Governor had a law passed in his state because his kid deleted FFXI before canceling his Content IDs and kept getting billed because they were both too stupid to RTFM.
                      That was also one of the things that came to my mind.
                      But it seems that the lawyer of said person does not read manuals either.

In simple words, there is no case here.
                      Quetzalcoatl Server | WHM 80 | SMN 76 | NIN 75

Comment

How is this in any way deep?

Comment

lol $5 million. That's not even a month of subscription fees from every player in the game.
                          sigpic
                          Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

Reading some of the comments by people on that page, they seem stupid as well -.- .........

The deceptive advertising, unfair and undisclosed business practices, and concealment concern, among others:

i. Licensing of the online games software disguised as a sale;
                            oh please -.-
                            ii. Monthly fees ("fees") to play the online games;
                            its on the bottom right on the front of the box.....
                            iii. Penalties for late payment of the fees;
                            all they do is deny access to your acccount
                            iv. Interest charges for late payment of the fees;
                            there are none, they just stop your account
                            v. Charges while the online game account is suspended;
                            no -.-
                            vi. Termination of the right to use the online games for late payment of the fees;
                            well no shit sherlock
                            vii. User restrictions and conditions related to the online games;
                            uummm yeah....
                            viii. Termination of game data for payment of the fees.
                            makes no sense

in short RTFM

and the more i read this, like others have said, this just sounds like some random butt hurt person trying to make some cash. 100k subscribers? yeah right, its most likely just him, or him and a few others trying to make money like he is.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                              How is this in any way deep?
                              Well reading the OP, it appears they agree with the suits premise.

---------------

Maybe I can counter sue the law firm bringing this suit on the basis that claiming 100,000 American FFXI players can't read or understand a manual they are guilty of slander as I sure as hell can read and understand a manual.
                              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Working...
                              X