This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, i'm starting a Dynamis LS.

I am starting a late night Dynamis Linkshell and I need help. What do I need to do to get scheduled times and what not? I basically need to know how to set it up. Everything from getting a Linkshell forward. Thank you.

Re: Help, i'm starting a Dynamis LS.

Wow....thats a lot of info you're asking for.

Here's how you get and make a linkshell:

Linkshell - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

Here's info on Dynamis, the requirements, the individual zones, etc. :

Category:Dynamis - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

As far as forming one, go to various websites and post your info about the shell. Name, times and days you'll be doing Dynamis, leadership to get in touch with, and you might want to make a forum/website for organizational purposes and applications if you choose to go that route.

Get yourself organized before you start asking people to join though. People want action and not sitting around wondering when you'll be organized so they can start getting their relic.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Pribthecreator View Post
      I am starting a late night Dynamis Linkshell and I need help. What do I need to do to get scheduled times and what not? I basically need to know how to set it up. Everything from getting a Linkshell forward. Thank you.
      So you want to start a Dynamis LS when you don't even know how to start a Dynamis run or setup a LS? Hmmm.

And people will want you to lead them into Dynamis, whyy?
      Last edited by Ameroth; 02-19-2009, 03:20 PM.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
      ------
      Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
      When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Originally posted by Ameroth View Post
        And people will want you to lead them into Dynamis, whyy?
        If he gets a squad of Leeroys together, he won't need to lead them anywhere.
        {New Sig in the works}
        -----------------------
        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
        "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
        Originally posted by Solymir
        What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
          If he gets a squad of Leeroys together, he won't need to lead them anywhere.
          They may not get any relics, but at least they have chicken.

A friend of mine was going to start up a dynamis linkshell, until he was told, that unless he had been in a Dynamis linkshell for at least a year or so, making 90% of the runs, he didn't know what it took to run one, and I think that is sound advice. You need to have run through those zones so many times that you could pull them in your sleep even if you've spent the entirety of your runs as a White Mage. If you don't know the zones, don't know how to approach the NMs and the pulls, you will not make a successful linkshell. You may have runs for a while, but wins will be rare, and people will leave fairly quickly when they see the quality of the shell.

Comment

Not too mention that it costs 500k per run. (Used to cost 1 million). You also want to keep in mind that if you start a linkshell in a popular time slot, you'll have a lot of competition for zones.

Moreover, you'll want to have people know what they're doing when pulling mobs. It's not just as easy as roaming around and killing stuff.

Best of luck to you. If you're not so keen on the things mentioned above, you would be better off joining a pre-existing linkshell.
            ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Do you not read posts? I said LATE NIGHT Dynamis Linkshell. That is the ONLY reason I am doing this. I live in a time zone that doesnt work with the target Dynamis Linkshells. I need one to start 11pm pst. Thats 2 AM EST! There is no such thing as a Linkshell in English, only JP on my server at that time. So I am phucked otherwise. Understand?

Comment

Do you not read posts? I said LATE NIGHT Dynamis Linkshell. That is the ONLY reason I am doing this. I live in a time zone that doesnt work with the target Dynamis Linkshells. I need one to start 11pm pst. Thats 2 AM EST! There is no such thing as a Linkshell in English, only JP on my server at that time. So I am phucked otherwise. Understand?
                Understood. Now take your own advice and read the other posts in this thread. Ya know, the ones that question your ability to even lead a dynamis run. But, judging by the way you just jumped off the handle at Mog, I don't expect you actually take any of this seriously.

Another case of "I want to ask a question but I only want answers that support the decision I have already made..."

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                ------
                Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

There is no such thing as a Linkshell in English, only JP on my server at that time
                  Well since the servers are segregated by language if the time isn't popular in the US it must not be popular at all.

4:00 pm JST, na, no one could be on then.

If you have to ask how to set up and run a LS, you probably shouldn't.
                  I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Wow dude, relax, count to 10, take a chill pill, and maybe drink a beer. Ok good, now if you're calm, listen to what has been said. You not only have to know the Dynamis zones in AND out, but you have to have the cash to put in the up front investment of buying the first few glasses. Keep in mind, no matter how good the people are that you recruit, you all have to learn to work together to get it done right. You also have to have the patience of a saint when leading dynamis, for people WILL fuck up, its only human, so if this is how you blow up when told you're not apt for leading a Dynamis shell, then you may as well blow a fuse and kick your entire shell cuz a pull went bad.

Just think about it for a second, people dont want you to fuck up royally, which is why you were told to think twice and look at the details before wasting your, or anyone elses time.
                    Originally posted by Van Wilder
                    Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
                    No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
                    Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
                    I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Sounds like you need to learn Japanese... Understand?
                      "We ride with kings on mighty steeds across the Devil's plain!" - The D

Ryddia / Nuikoa -- Ragnarok

Comment

Oh 2 good points that should be implemented in every Dynamis run.

1) ALWAYS have a mule/character outside the zone that can hold a glass for late comers.

2) Make sure every person puts their hourglass in their bazaar for 1 gil. Then if someone goes afk (NEVER GO AFK FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME IN DYNAMIS) and is gone far too long (i.e. went to sleep, something happened irl, etc.) you can buy the glass and in 30 seconds they'll be kicked out. If they come back, see number 1!!
                        Originally posted by Feba
                        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                        Originally posted by DakAttack
                        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by meSchnitzel View Post
                          Sounds like you need to learn Japanese... Understand?
                          It doesn't look like he would be able to get a LS even if he learned Japanese, that would probably get him banned sooner.

...ohhh I see.
                          sigpic
                          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Ameroth View Post
                            Understood. Now take your own advice and read the other posts in this thread. Ya know, the ones that question your ability to even lead a dynamis run. But, judging by the way you just jumped off the handle at Mog, I don't expect you actually take any of this seriously.

Another case of "I want to ask a question but I only want answers that support the decision I have already made..."

Ameroth
                            I think he was refering to you for pulling out a flame thrower.

I think you misread his first post. If you read the OP, the only question was how to setup a Dynamis LS. He never ask should he start a Dynamis LS.

FYI: The only person who questioned his leadership abillity was you.

TGM gave advice and links to needed information. Durahansolo and Illusen were making jokes but Illusen added some advice of what you need know before you start one. Mog added more information and refered to Illusen post as needed information before you start one.

To OP:

Are you on Phoenix server? I looking for a PST Dynamis LS that isnt JP onry.
                            Last edited by Losrase; 02-19-2009, 04:23 PM. Reason: Added I am looking for a PST Dynamis LS
                            PSN ID: Kelshan
                            Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
                            Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
                            sigpic

Comment

Do you not read posts? I said LATE NIGHT Dynamis Linkshell.
                              12am late at night in the UK equates to about 7pm EST. Nowhere in your original post did you say what time zone you live in. Don't give the "You don't know how to read!" bit.

I was going to give you more information, but you sound like you don't want criticism. So good luck to you sir! Hope your linkshell lasts more than a week.
                              ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X