Australia and Endgame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia and Endgame

I'm getting close to endgame on my BLM and I was wondering. Will it be possible for me to get into endgame with Australian timezones while still going to school?

Where I am is GMT+10 without Daylight Savings.
    Rothy of Valefor Server. MyLittleChocobo Shell Holder Join DiV v2 Today!
    Jobs: | BLM 90/90 | THF 90/90 | WHM 51/90 | SCH 34/45 | RDM 46/49 | WAR 30/49 | NIN 49/49 | DNC 35/49

Re: Australia and Endgame

It's hard, but I just got lucky with my university class times that I am able to attend the end-game events my linkshell runs. But yeah, it's very hard unless you can pass yourself off as a Japanese player (similar time zone as Japan).

Good luck!

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Comment

So. maybe I should just wait until the end of this year, when I finish high school to go into the heavier endgame (Dynamis, HNM, Sky) and just focus on ZNM, Assault and so on for now?
      Rothy of Valefor Server. MyLittleChocobo Shell Holder Join DiV v2 Today!
      Jobs: | BLM 90/90 | THF 90/90 | WHM 51/90 | SCH 34/45 | RDM 46/49 | WAR 30/49 | NIN 49/49 | DNC 35/49

Comment

Maybe you could find some Hawaiians who like to stay up late? GMT-10 is four hours earlier.

Yeah, that's probably not going to work. There will probably be a lot more Australians playing than Hawaiians, or English-speakers working in Japan.
        Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
        99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
        F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
        >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

I play mostly with Japanese, but I can actually speak Japanese so that seems to help a lot ...

That being said, there are still a number of people who are English speakers who seem to be on during AU prime time. You'll run into some Frenchies from time to time though.

Comment

What I'd do is if you see the same names over and over, as you should if you play around the same time every day, start reaching out to them, and ask them about endgame linkshells and groups. I promise you that there is at least one group you'd be able to roll with that plays at your time. My schedule fluctuates wildly, so I'll be playing JP prime one day, and EN prime the next, and I never seem to have a difficult time finding people for most things. You just need to reach out to people.

Comment

this is sorta the problem i run into. being in the US (central time). most of my gaming time is at night, usually from midnight to 6am. trying to find people to do stuff with can be impossible sometimes.

Comment

Working...
              X