Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what level does Campaign become an option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At what level does Campaign become an option?

Hey all, I was just wanting to know what levels what jobs could start doing campaign to get xp between parties.

I have taken my 60Blu to campaign /dnc and /nin. Both times I did alright but not anything to write home about. This leads me to believe that pretty much any job could be taken to Campaign at 60+.

I have recently decided to breathe some life back into Pup and just well really dont feel like dealing with NEEDing parties etc. My pup is currently 33 and well to be honest I am curious when I will be able to take him to campaign for some xp. I enjoy the style of campaign and well just enjoy it in general.

So Bottom line is, what is the lowest level i could take pup to campaign and still see a decent xp/note return for participating. I know that under level 61 you dont get as much xp as those 61+, but would a level 33 pup even be able to hit any of the enemys? I believe i read that you need 40 connected attack rounds to max out melee xp and of course theres the xp you get from SC etc. Does the automaton casting spells (if they land) or if he heals will I get the xp for the spell / cure actions? or is it lost because the automation did it and not me.

I mainly play /dnc but have almost ever job available for sub.

Thanks a ton for reading and posting info / advice if you can.

Re: At what level does Campaign become an option?

At level 33, there is a high chance that AoE from campaign mobs can drop your PUP or your Automation very quickly.

However, hitting the Fortification without Allied Tag is great for skill up weapons. It is effective until your job is around level 55 (assuming with Rank-A weapons).

/off-topic

On the other hand, at level 33, solo in WotG area with Sigil is decent. I solo my WHM from 33 to 37 outside Bastok [S], with Sigil Refresh, Regen, increase meal duration and reduce exp. loss on death, with under-cap club skill, /DNC, no downtime.... but that was before the introduction of Field of Valor.
    Server: Quetzalcoatl
    Race: Hume Rank 7
    75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Sadly, Campaign doesn't really offer much until the higher levels. At 50 you can make maybe 200-700 for a good fight, whereas at 75 you can make up to 4k, but one thing you should always do is sub a mage job. If you can't fight, at least you can spam barspells or raise and cure NPC's for a little extra EXP, but nothing will really beat an exp party. I will agree though, taking a PUP33 into a campaign will probably be a series of deaths and crap exp. If you have a friends with a 50+ WHM, bribe them into taking you out to East Altep to kill gobbie spiders. One kill with a ring can net 400+ exp. I got two levels on my BLM there in less than half an hour.
      [Raging Fists][Jerkin][Galka][Polearm]!
      [Cloth][Can I have it?]
      'Auto-Translate... fun while waiting for Dynamis to start.'

Comment

So can someone explain this fields of valor thing? Is it kinda like the lower levels way to solo xp now?

Comment

You go to one of the original zones to the game and look through a Field Manual for a training regimen which usually consists of Kill X of Monster A and Y of Monster B. Upon completion of that objective, you are rewarded with bonus experience points and some tokens which can be used on future training regimens to get things like Protect, Shell, auto-regen, auto-refresh, reraise, etc. When browsing the pages of the field manual, it suggests recommended level ranges, too. So, the bonus exp, extras (like rr and auto-regen/refresh), and now treasure coffers makes soloing lower level jobs that much more enjoyable. I believe you can do FoV for exp up until the early-mid 50's (just in time to switch to Campaign Battles)

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
          WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

You can actually do FoV into the 60s, though the Easy Prey probably get to be slim pickin's toward the end.
            Ellipses on Fenrir
            There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
            . . .

Comment

In some cases, you can do FoV slightly above the recommended level (ex- Rec. Lv 18-22 you can still get exp doing it at 30 or below) As long as you defeat a target objective and see the notice that you have complete x/x objective, you're good to go. Also, with /DNC or a group of friends, it makes it that much easier and more enjoyable, plus you can level sync and still gain the exp, tokens and gil. Definately a huge help, since it has become hard pressed to find a group below 30 like the old days when the dunes and Qufim were literally overflowing with parties. Sad to say, but I am hoping this Christmas sees a serious flow of new players, because it feels like the servers are just filled with us old people and it would be nice to see people excited about getting a subjob again as opposed to breaking a Mythic weapon.
              [Raging Fists][Jerkin][Galka][Polearm]!
              [Cloth][Can I have it?]
              'Auto-Translate... fun while waiting for Dynamis to start.'

Comment

If you're a WHM, you get XP for healing, and it's more fun than being a curebot in a party in Garbaige Citadel. (Just remember to keep your magic skills capped by spamming the appropriate spells in Besieged.) The main requirement for a WHM is to have at least 150MP when weakened so that you can get Reraise back up and then later cast Raise while waiting for weakness to go away. This happens in the late 30s.

As a healer you will have to understand the basics of how you get hate. Mostly you have to understand that if you heal someone, you get on the hate list of what he's fighting. If he dies before the mob, the mob is going to come looking for you. For instance, if you see Dee Xalmo chasing around someone with low HP, don't heal the guy, just wait for him to drop and cast Raise. If you heal the guy, then Dee turns around and swats you next, and you have two KOs instead of one. I have seen the campaign NMs go halfway across the battleground to give someone a special delivery gank.

For a non-healer, you're basically out of luck until the mid to late 50s, with the exception of skilling up weapon skills on Fortifications without Allied Tags on. The Fortifications are level 50, so that will start to max out at your equivalent skill level for level 48-49 or so. With tags on, you can get decent (but not awesome) XP by hitting the Fortifications for even one or two points of damage a swing. (This also assumes you're not on a server where there are no beastmen-controlled zones left.)

Also, there are XP penalties for being below level 60, 45, and I think 30 and 15 as well. But it's really pointless below 30. Campaign Ops are another matter. You can switch to a level 1 job to do them, with no penalty.
                Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Actually you can typically start landing hits on Fortifications around 47-48.
                  sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

My 39-41 WHM with not-at-all-capped club skill occasionally hits Fortifications, and occasionally does more than 0 damage.
                    Ellipses on Fenrir
                    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                    . . .

Comment

If you're a tank or DD you can go as soon as you can hit the mobs and cause damage.

If you're a healer or support class than good luck getting campaign exp. Caps on everything combined with the WHM NPCs spamming Cure IV mean that the only way healers can get decent exp is by meleeing.
                      Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                      Reiko Takahashi
                      - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Campaign battles don't start being particularly viable until 50. Of course, some people are going to have standards for xp that convince them that campaign battle is only any good for 70+ DDs. But for reference, I have a WHM main char, and my viability threshold for her was WHM50. In this case, viability meant that I could start using campaign battle to meaningfully supplement my AN gains for seeking promotions; prior to about 50 I had to get all of that character's AN from Campaign Ops.

Campaign Ops, OTOH, are viable from level 10 onward. Some ops are more viable than others, of course. Of general note:
                        Stock and Awe and Material Storm are job-agnostic, but require procuring and using up items.
                        Search and Seizure requires a job that can deliver a guaranteed hit with sneak/invis up (e.g. Sneak Attack, Weapon Bash, Shield Bash) to procure the key item, but since it's still a resource delivery op you can switch to any job you like before 'completing' it for xp.
                        Vanguard-X and Crimson Domino may or may not call for sneak/invis depending on where you do it. I've posted on this point elsewhere.
                        Streetsweeper and Steel Resolve are completely job-agnostic.
                        Crystal Fist and Iron Anvil are completely job-agnostic.
                        Granite Rose requires an average job level of around 50ish.
                        Pit Spider requires some mid-level jobs but is less demanding than Granite Rose.
                        Hawk Eye and Slaughterhouse are completely job-agnostic. Deep Cover is theoretically job-agnostic, but a 75 job would probably help for getting decent pictures of non-campaign mobs.
                        Brave Dawn I can probably be done with three healers of an average level of 30? Might help for one person to be higher or be of a fairly survivable job like PLD. Brave Dawn II may call for a higher average level, but I don't think I've had the chance to try it yet. Cut and Cauterize is completely job-agnostic.
                        Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
                        DRK99,DNC91,THF90
                        Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
                        Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
                        WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
                        Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
                        All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
                        Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
                        Clothcraft 24
                        Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
                        BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

I spam Iron Anvil for 402 EXP each (used to be around 450, thanks a lot for that SE)
                          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Cleanse and Cauterise is pretty easy with two high level WHMs helping out.
                            Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                            Reiko Takahashi
                            - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                            Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Honestly, Cut and Cauterize is what I tend to prefer, as one can pull in about 2k/hr that way and you can do a lot of runs if people take turns signing up. However, it's like pulling teeth trying to get that third member to sit in your party and earn free xp. Sometimes it seems like we spend more time shouting for a third member than we do actually completing op runs...

Edit: There is no Cleanse and Cauterize, and if you're feeling the need to drag high-level WHMs in, you're probably thinking Brave Dawn. Cut and Cauterize is completely job-agnostic; you can't heal the NPCs yourself.
                              Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
                              DRK99,DNC91,THF90
                              Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
                              Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
                              WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
                              Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
                              All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
                              Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
                              Clothcraft 24
                              Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
                              BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

Working...
                              X