Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chariot Band and Raise Earrings

Hello everybody,

I recently obtained these items by talking to Alaune in Southern San d'Oria. But how do I use them? I have equiped them already.

Thanks for your reply.

DrakenDame
    Life is good, Final Fantasy is better...

Silverlance on Leviathan (Hume MNK)

Re: Chariot Band and Raise Earrings

Originally posted by DrakenDame View Post
    Hello everybody,

I recently obtained these items by talking to Alaune in Southern San d'Oria. But how do I use them? I have equiped them already.

Thanks for your reply.

DrakenDame
    Go to the "Inventory" list and hover the cursor over the items and then push the selection key or button, probably X (PS2), A (Xbox 360), or [Enter Key] should do the trick. I think "Use" will come up and all you do is hit yes. Kinda sad i'm not sure of the correct terminology saying I've been playing the game for almost three years, but pretty much its easier to do it than explain how to do it lol.
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Equip the item.

wait 30 seconds (or until item name in your item list turns blue)

In the items list highlight it and select, a menu should pop up with use/drop. Highlight USE, select and it will activate the item. don't move your character as it cancels the action. The same is for using food items i.e. cookies/juice/meat etc.

Comment

BTW If I see you on Leviathan DrakenDame, there will be a linkshell thrown at you. Try Chariot band for awhile and see if you like it and next week try the Empress band, most people like it over the Chariot Band.
        {New Sig in the works}
        -----------------------
        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

"Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
          BTW If I see you on Leviathan DrakenDame, there will be a linkshell thrown at you. Try Chariot band for awhile and see if you like it and next week try the Empress band, most people like it over the Chariot Band.
          Okay, I'll see you there! I'm online almost every night (GMT +1 18:00-22:00) I'll have to get enough campaign points though for the Empress Band... I don't even know how many I have atm, lol.

wait 30 seconds (or until item name in your item list turns blue)

In the items list highlight it and select, a menu should pop up with use/drop. Highlight USE, select and it will activate the item. don't move your character as it cancels the action. The same is for using food items i.e. cookies/juice/meat etc.
          Can I activate this at any time, so not just when I'm about to die?
          Last edited by DrakenDame; 11-20-2008, 05:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          Life is good, Final Fantasy is better...

Silverlance on Leviathan (Hume MNK)

Comment

Can I activate this at any time, so not just when I'm about to die?
            Yep. Usually you want to use reraise before you go out to level or before you go into a BCNM or fight something that you figure might kill you. You really won't need reraise until probably after level 10. You dont really lose much XP until you get to the higher levels anyways but before level 5 you wont lose any. Its also handy to have just in case you die and your home point is too far away from your current location. Usually a mob that kills you will despawn in a few seconds, wait for them to despawn before using it because if they depop slowly and it is a aggressive mob, it might aggro you lol.
            {New Sig in the works}
            -----------------------

Comment

BCNMs often wipe buffs, so you want to use such an item after you enter but before you start fighting.
              Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
              DRK99,DNC91,THF90
              Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
              Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
              WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
              Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
              All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
              Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
              Clothcraft 24
              Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
              BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

Its also handy to have just in case you die and your home point is too far away from your current location. Usually a mob that kills you will despawn in a few seconds, wait for them to despawn before using it because if they depop slowly and it is a aggressive mob, it might aggro you lol.
                Quoted for truth. The EXP you lose at low levels (even in the teens) is pretty negligible. I would only use it in situations where dieing would mean a long walk back to where you were, especially in EXP parties that don't have a person capable of casting Raise yet.

Also, the mob will only despawn if you moved it out of its spawn point.

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
                  Try Chariot band for awhile and see if you like it and next week try the Empress band, most people like it over the Chariot Band.
                  Also, if you are going to be a more casual player and will only sign on 3-4 times a week the Emporer Band may be for you. Some players do not get the full benefits of the Empress Band unless they play 6-7 days a week and solo/party for experience points on each of those days.
                  "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Solymir View Post
                    Also, if you are going to be a more casual player and will only sign on 3-4 times a week the Emporer Band may be for you. Some players do not get the full benefits of the Empress Band unless they play 6-7 days a week and solo/party for experience points on each of those days.
                    Yeah I forgot to add that in. If I play for 7 days, 3/7 of those days I'm probably crafting or farming, the rest I'm partying so Emperor band is good for me. I started to trade it back for empress band once because i was partying everyday at that time trying to get my WAR to 75 but I said Meh and kept it.
                    {New Sig in the works}
                    -----------------------

Comment

I'll have to get enough campaign points though for the Empress Band... I don't even know how many I have atm, lol.
                      You actually get your choice of the three bands during the tutorial quests.
                      Oh, and you can check your CP under "Region Info" in the main menu; they'll show up in a box in the lower right corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Reilk View Post
                        You actually get your choice of the three bands during the tutorial quests.
                        Oh, and you can check your CP under "Region Info" in the main menu; they'll show up in a box in the lower right corner.
                        You might want to check the date of the post. The tutorial was implimented after this thread was started...

Comment

Originally posted by Solymir View Post
                          I feel compelled to point out (belatedly) that what constitutes casual play varies a lot. I know people who have more constraints on session length than session frequency, and Chariot Band is extremely helpful to those who are trying to solo xp early on and can't spend more than an hour or so in-game at a time; it's hard to use up the longer Dedication charges from the other bands, and while you can preserve them between sessions, you have to spend full consecutive sessions xping to prevent them from wearing from time. In my experience it requires the full 3.5 hour duration to solo enough xp to use up Emperor dedication, and even then wearing from time is common. Heck, when the static trio I leveled DRK in switched to Emperor, wearing from time was a big issue at our xp/hr rate, we had to stay focused and use the entire duration to our advantage to rack up the full bonus.

The 'advantage' to Emperor band is that in a typical burn or PLed party, Dedication is usually eaten in a matter of a few minutes, so it becomes 6k xp over 3 sessions per week vs. 7k xp over 7 sessions per week (Empress) or the obviously inferior 3.5k xp over 7 sessions per week (Chariot). But in situations where such high xp/hr rates cannot be presumed, the much higher bonus xp rate of Chariot band should not be discounted; at 75% only Anniversary Ring and Kupofried's ring beat it for the speed at which Dedication bonus can be consumed.
                          Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
                          DRK99,DNC91,THF90
                          Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
                          Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
                          WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
                          Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
                          All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
                          Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
                          Clothcraft 24
                          Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
                          BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

Working...
                          X