Casual Clothes in town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casual Clothes in town

So I was walking around in Whitegate the other day and found this Mithra chick walking by. She had that Sol cap on that looks like a beanie, what looked like short jeans, and what looked like some white shirt. (no idea what exact armor it was)

In other words, she looked like she was wearing casual clothing!

So I got to thinking: wouldn't it be a great idea to have cassual clothing you can switch out into when you're inside town?

Of course the clothing would have to not have any stats, or just def of 1, and of course they'd have to be decently cheap, and of course, to increase popularity they wouldn't have to take up inventory space (think temp items in Beseiged).

The clothing wouldn't be used for combat at all. Rather, just a fun little thing to wear while you're inside of town just bumming around.

This would just be a small thing to let people fool around. Make it today-clothing or vanadiel common wear, whatever. But something cheap and easy. Something fun and cool.

I wish SE would do something neat like that.

What do you guys think?

Re: Casual Clothes in town

A lot of people have gear that they wear just around towns. Things like the Opaline Dress or full AF regardless of use and the noventy items from events tend to be popular for this. I know I'm guitly of occasionally walking around in the Kimonos from a previous event because of how I like how they look on my characters
    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
    Reiko Takahashi
    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I think they should make some craftable casual clothing, I'd love to deck my taru out in some cool casual gear. ^^.
      Rothy of Valefor Server. MyLittleChocobo Shell Holder Join DiV v2 Today!
      Jobs: | BLM 90/90 | THF 90/90 | WHM 51/90 | SCH 34/45 | RDM 46/49 | WAR 30/49 | NIN 49/49 | DNC 35/49

Comment

Making it craftable would result in it being needlessly expensive on the AH due to people cashing in. I know I was one of the people who cashed in on the high demand for cheap consumables when level Sync came out.

It would be nice to have some casual clothes though, especially if they fit well into the lore of the game. My WHM AF does look cool but it looks way to hot and heavy to be worn all of the time.
        Reiko Takahashi
        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

TBQH, while the idea may be fun for a few, the overall majority of the player base is more concerned with other matters, like job balance, expansion content, AV/PW, et al. The developers, in turn, kinda have to cater to the majority, rather than the few, to keep the revenue going. Unfortunately, casual clothing as you talk about, isn't on the forefront of concern in this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerio View Post
            So I was walking around in Whitegate the other day and found this Mithra chick walking by. She had that Sol cap on that looks like a beanie, what looked like short jeans, and what looked like some white shirt. (no idea what exact armor it was)

In other words, she looked like she was wearing casual clothing!

So I got to thinking: wouldn't it be a great idea to have cassual clothing you can switch out into when you're inside town?

Of course the clothing would have to not have any stats, or just def of 1, and of course they'd have to be decently cheap, and of course, to increase popularity they wouldn't have to take up inventory space (think temp items in Beseiged).

The clothing wouldn't be used for combat at all. Rather, just a fun little thing to wear while you're inside of town just bumming around.

This would just be a small thing to let people fool around. Make it today-clothing or vanadiel common wear, whatever. But something cheap and easy. Something fun and cool.

I wish SE would do something neat like that.

What do you guys think?
            I used to wear my mining/logging gear all the time in town and everytime this friend of mine would see me, he'd call me Robin Hood or Link lmao. Just like in my sig pic.
            {New Sig in the works}
            -----------------------
            "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
            "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
            Originally posted by Solymir
            What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Anyone that has inventory space issues as it is knows how much of a bad idea this is.
              Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
              Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
              Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
              Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
              Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Susurrus View Post
                Anyone that has inventory space issues as it is knows how much of a bad idea this is.
                So true, i seriously need to do the last 2 gobbie bags and the last 2 mog safe increases too. I hate sending gear to my mules just so I can craft or level a different job.
                {New Sig in the works}
                -----------------------
                "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                Originally posted by Solymir
                What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

If the swimsuits are any indication of the general aesthetic of "casual" in Vana'diel... I don't know if the PS2 can handle rendering all that flamboyance and midriff.

It'd be neat, but there's bigger fish to fry.
                  Ellipses on Fenrir
                  There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                  . . .

Comment

The thing is, you can already wear "casual" clothes in town, and many people do. I myself run around towns in a 4th Div tunic (looks like the fishing tunic) and I have a Crow Jupon and full IM set muled away for "special" occasions. And of course, any time I'm not killing something, and even many times that I am, I'll be wearing my Orange bonecrafting glasses.

There's a lot of completely useless, but nice looking gear in this game you can mix and match. So if you have the inventory space and some spare cash, browse the AH and find some stuff you like. You may even want to check out the Model Viewer or Altana View to get a better look at some of these pieces in full detail.
                    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

The kimono stuff from (last year?) was pretty casual. I dropped them for space even though they cost me 10K a piece...
                      Current Server: Asura
                      Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
                      Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
                      Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
                      Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
                      Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

What everyone else said. There's more important stuff to fix, and if you're so fashion-inclined, you can already dress up your character with the current equipment available. Remember that most non-cutscene NPCs use the same armor models players can equip. There's plenty of cool-looking light armors that can pass as town gear, like the shade set, crow set, jupons, justacorps, etc.

EDIT: In fact, there's dozens of sets of run-of-the-mill, no-stats crafted armor that never see the light of day because CP, IS, AN, NM, BCNM, etc gear give stats other than just Defense. You could take any of those sets and stand out from the crowd.
                        Last edited by Armando; 10-21-2008, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Susurrus View Post
                          I'm a Mage. i don't think I've ever had inventory space
                          Reiko Takahashi
                          Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Evion View Post
                            The kimono stuff from (last year?) was pretty casual. I dropped them for space even though they cost me 10K a piece...
                            You do know you can store most event items at an NPC right?
                            "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Interesting stuff guys. I'll have to look around for this more casual armor. But it's so hard to imagine what i would look like in it!

This Altana Viewer thing, I looked it up, but it didn't say if it worked for Vista or not. If not that program, is there any other type of program I can see my character in different types of clothing?

Comment

Working...
                              X