Ack! Help me please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ack! Help me please!

Okay, so when I try to open FFXI, I get a pop-up message that says "No such interface is supported"

PlayOnline works perfectly fine all the way up until I actually click the button to actually start up FFXI. Then the window closes and the pop up message comes up. Do any of you know what could be wrong? The game loaded up fine just the other day, but it just doesn't let me play.

Should I reinstall the game completely?

...I don't know if I could kill someone with a frozen turkey because that is a lot of evidence to eat. Unless I found a whole room of people who also wanted that person dead...

Re: Ack! Help me please!

POL: "No such interface supported" = virus/keylogger BEWARE [Archive] - Order of the Blue Gartr

If that's it, format and reinstall.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Hopefully it isn't that.
      I would attempt this first, copy your entire Play Online folder that was created in your Program Files on your C: Drive to a external or just paste a copy of the folder onto your desktop.
      Delete the folder that is located in your program files and reinstall the game.
      Now compare your old playonline folder and your new play online folder and just add files and folders to prevent the long ass update.
      Rinse and repeat for the Final Fantasy XI folder and Tetra master if you're one of the few who plays.
      I just did this and it worked. It will load up, it will check files, and say update complete.
      Hope it works.

Comment

I WAS hacked earlier though. I just got my account back and then a little while after, these pop up messages started happening. o__O

*Runs to perform virus scan!*

...I don't know if I could kill someone with a frozen turkey because that is a lot of evidence to eat. Unless I found a whole room of people who also wanted that person dead...

Comment

Format, reinstall.
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

What's this formating you speak of? >.>

Comment

Originally posted by Illyria View Post
              I WAS hacked earlier though. I just got my account back and then a little while after, these pop up messages started happening. o__O
              Few Questions

1. When were you hacked?
              2. When did you get the account back?
              3. When had you played last before you were hacked?
              4. Also did you run a virus scan after you got the account back and change your password?
              {New Sig in the works}
              -----------------------
              "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
              "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
              Originally posted by Solymir
              What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

#1 Mid-August

#2 About a week ago

#3 August 15th

My highest lvl is 18 and I'm pretty poor... Some hackers just don't make sense.

Comment

Mhurron means "format (erase everything on) your hard drive and reinstall your operating system and all your programs." It's the only way you'll be 100% sure that you got rid of the keylogger and thus the only 100% surefire way to protect your account.

Comment

And please for the love of all that is holy, if you decide not to reformat your hard drive don't come back and blame SE for your account being stolen again.....like others have.
                    Originally posted by Feba
                    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                    Originally posted by DakAttack
                    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Well I got some new virus protection software and cleaned up my hardrive of any viruses. It found a few trojans, which were deleted. Then afterwards I changed my password, just in case. So we'll see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                      X