1st Bad Sync Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Bad Sync Party

Yesterday I was in Jeuno and got a party invite on 37BLU to a sync party of 36. We linked up in jeuno and our party consisted of: BLU/NIN, BRD/NIN, PLD, RDM, DRG/WAR x2. I said from the start DD Party FTW but I kinda figured it might cause problems for the PLD (Even though this pld was 60+ and had on pretty much all AF). So we get out there and we're doing pretty good except the BRD was having problems with keeping the crawlers slept as he brought them back to the camp. When the party first started to go south was when, the PLD started getting slow to voke and or cure somebody to grab hate and we would end up with hate issues caused by the DRGs because they were choosing to WS as soon as the mob came back to the camp even if the PLD didnt have hate. BRD ended up dying from failing to keep one of the crawlers slept and he got 2 shotted, I was trying to cast Wild Carrot on him but by that time he was already gone. The leader removed the sync and we were able to kill the mob.

Eventually I got down to heal and my PS3 Controller (Which I am using on PC) glitched and froze so I couldn't get back up, so during this time the BRD grabbed a crawler and it comes back to the camp and starts hitting everybody, starting first with the RDM. While I was trying to reactivate my controller, which took about 20 seconds, the mob reeked havoc on the party which causes the leader to kick the PLD from the party for not voking but he didnt say that he had kicked the PLD until after we fought the mob so it looked like the PLD purposely dropped party and quit.

So we invited the PLD back and he said he couldn't move, which I dont know if that was true because he was moving, whereas I couldn't move at all. During all of this time its getting hard for me to DD because I'm helping the RDM pass out Wild Carrot cures to the PLD, the DRG, the RDM, and the BRD. The final straw came when we were fighting a crawler and the BRD pulled a link and the 2 DRGs started fighting the link after the BRD had slept it. BRD then alternates from casting Foe Lullaby to Horde Lullaby and with Crawlers Nest being link hell and we being surrounded by lizards caused the lizards to be slept and link so pretty much after we killed the two crawlers (During this time the PLD died, from voking one of the lizards off of the BRD) we had to run like hell outta there as we were running, the BRD kept sleeping the Lizards and eventually he died as well and then one of the DRGs died too as we were exiting.

I was just glad I could keep 3/6 people alive, myself being one of those 3 lol.
    Last edited by Durahansolo; 09-22-2008, 06:33 AM.
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Re: 1st Bad Sync Party

Uh...why was the BRD sleeping pulls?

Comment

Keep the crawler sleep at camp?.. what, TP-burn crawlers? What the heck was going on....
      Server: Quetzalcoatl
      Race: Hume Rank 7
      75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

So, how's your foot feeling? You know, the one you shot.

Kids, what works on Greater Colibri doesn't work everywhere. In fact, I'll say it works almost nowhere.
        Wii Number - 2810 2423 4673 3261 - Please PM me if you add me!
        How to ask smart questions: catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Boom! (On SCH75/RDM)

Comment

Originally posted by Celeal View Post
          Keep the crawler sleep at camp?.. what, TP-burn crawlers? What the heck was going on....
          Pretty much he was pulling one and then as we were finishing fighting one he'd grab another and sleep it near the camp.
          {New Sig in the works}
          -----------------------
          "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

"Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.

Comment

Which is exactly why we're going "wtf."

That's so insanely unecessary and risky it's amazing (especially since I'm betting the Crawlers weren't VT.) Your healing consisted of a single RDM with Ballad 1 and a BLU tossing Wild Carrot here and there, that party wasn't going to get past Chain 6, there was no reason to have the next mob at camp before you're done with the current one.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post

That's so insanely unecessary and risky it's amazing (especially since I'm betting the Crawlers weren't VT.) Your healing consisted of a single RDM with Ballad 1 and a BLU tossing Wild Carrot here and there, that party wasn't going to get past Chain 6, there was no reason to have the next mob at camp before you're done with the current one.
              Yeah, the crawlers were IT. After we got out of CN, the BRD said he was gonna call it a night, which kinda upset the PLD because he had HP'd and came back from Whitegate to raise him, so couple of other peeps left and the party disbanded. I didnt figure out how the lizards started attacking us until i went back through the fight script and saw his horde lullaby sleep one of the lizzys.
              {New Sig in the works}
              -----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post

Oh now come on, we all know that what works at 75 works everywhere.
                I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Wii Number - 2810 2423 4673 3261 - Please PM me if you add me!
                  How to ask smart questions: catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Boom! (On SCH75/RDM)

Comment

Had a THF like that once. Not a very bright fellow, would always leave 50% through the mobs HP just to pull another one, bring it back to camp, then resume beating on the original crawler, and getting angry at the Red Mage for not sleeping it.

Like, "Dude... this isn't a TP burn party"

He said: "Well, I will just leave because I do not pay X number of dollars a month to get gimp slow exp, I have better things to do with my time."

Mind you this party was lvl 36 and got 200+ exp per mob.

Party leader made a snappy comeback that I honestly can't remember but I know it was something along the lines of him paying X number of dollars a month and having better things to do than party with the THF, or something like that. It would have been funnier if I remembered it.

THF got booted, and we got a Bard.

The most precious possession that ever comes To a man in this world
                    Is a woman's heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Tek(Selphiie) View Post
                      Had a THF like that once. Not a very bright fellow, would always leave 50% through the mobs HP just to pull another one, bring it back to camp, then resume beating on the original crawler, and getting angry at the Red Mage for not sleeping it.

Like, "Dude... this isn't a TP burn party"

He said: "Well, I will just leave because I do not pay X number of dollars a month to get gimp slow exp, I have better things to do with my time."

Mind you this party was lvl 36 and got 200+ exp per mob.

Party leader made a snappy comeback that I honestly can't remember but I know it was something along the lines of him paying X number of dollars a month and having better things to do than party with the THF, or something like that. It would have been funnier if I remembered it.

THF got booted, and we got a Bard.
                      LMAO, The RDM should've said something like "If you want Sleep, you should've brought Sleep Bolts."
                      {New Sig in the works}
                      -----------------------

Comment

I love how stupid people think TP burns work at every level of the game, this is one of the reasons I left. (and I imagine it wont change much with level sync if not it will happen more.)

sig courtesy tgm
                        retired -08

Comment

Originally posted by MrMageo View Post
                          I love how stupid people think TP burns work at every level of the game, this is one of the reasons I left. (and I imagine it wont change much with level sync if not it will happen more.)
                          Must...resist...
                          Cleverness - Hades
                          75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
                          DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

Originally posted by Clever Ninja View Post
                            Must...resist...
                            Dooo eeet. You know you want to.
                            My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
                            Originally posted by Balfree
                            Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

Working...
                            X