A couple ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple ?'s

First I'm sorry if these are answerd in FaQ's my rides about to leave and i don't have time to search.

First off i used to play on PS2 but migrated to EQ2 then Wow I started to come back but my PC has Vista and it would not let me (i read this is fixed now is it true )

Anyway I gave my old acct to a friend who still plays but I cant talk to anymore since he moved and have no way to contact him so I will have to start fresh my question is it took me months and months to get my toons up to high 60's

Have the sped leveling up any I'm sure most of the playing here is endgame so I sure I wiull have to solo a lot is it possible from what I remeber I had to get a static party and grind 5 hours a night to level
    Last edited by wizzap; 08-10-2008, 08:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Re: A couple ?'s

Imo, its a tad easier but not significantly. 1-10 is solo, 11-75 is party time. You can duo, trio easier with adjusted exp rates which is nice but its still a grind. It's harder to get parties in the lower levels now, thats for sure. I've been leveling another character myself and find that I usually am in an untraditional party or power leveled.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by wizzap View Post
      Oh forgot to ask I have Satalite internet
      Have you played on a satellite connection before?
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Best bet is to put together some kind of static party; putting your flag up and waiting for invites is really hit or miss anymore...some days it's quick, other's you sit and wait for hours. My LS is very big on duoing and trioing, so we tend to put mini-statics together based on what jobs we're using...that way, if there's people out there looking and we feel like getting a full party, we can, but we're not dependent on that if it's ugly out there. I'm a big fan of smaller parties, myself, but a full 6-man is still going to be your fastest exp (depending on the party obviously).

As for your question about bandwidth, my POL folder is 9.13 gigs (I have all expansions, but bought most of them seperately), although I have a few screenshots in there. Not sure if the versions make much difference in folder size, but after you install before you start updating take a look at how big your Playonline folder is and that'll give you some idea of how much you're going to be downloading at least.
        I'm a slow motion accident, lost in coffee rings and fingerprints...
        -Frou Frou, "Hear Me Out"

Check out my blog! =>
        http://deuceffxi.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have not played FF with the Sat connection back when i used to play I had dial up

But I have played EQ eq2 WoW and others with it and they play fine except for pvp cause of a small delay
          Last edited by wizzap; 08-10-2008, 12:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Typically satellite internet sucks for online gaming in general, at least, that's what I've heard from a few different people. Don't remember why specifically, though, so someone else will have to supply the technical details.

However, if you played EQ1/2 and WoW over satellite and it worked fine, I don't see why FFXI would be different...I had a lot more trouble with WoW when I used to play than I do with FFXI as far as bandwidth issues

Good luck, hope it all works out. ^^
            I'm a slow motion accident, lost in coffee rings and fingerprints...
            -Frou Frou, "Hear Me Out"

Check out my blog! =>
            http://deuceffxi.blogspot.com/

Comment

When I first started Playing FF, way back in the day, I used Satellite. And I didn't have a problem with lag or anything, but that was in Sandy, and Ron'areas. I never went to places that will cause lag on wireless cable. So I think you can be alright in normal parting, I can't tell you if you can goto whitegate or Jueno or Dynamis and be able to be effective.

Comment

I belive the issue with Satlite internet was/is with the uplink speed. You can get great downloads but when you try to upload info it's alot slower. This is why it really stinks in general for online gaming.

FFXI should work ok as the original game was designed for dial up and hasn't been uncapped past 56K...I was just telling you what I heard on the tech side..
                Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
                (have fun MMO players ^^)
                Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowneko View Post
                  I belive the issue with Satlite internet was/is with the uplink speed. You can get great downloads but when you try to upload info it's alot slower. This is why it really stinks in general for online gaming.

FFXI should work ok as the original game was designed for dial up and hasn't been uncapped past 56K...I was just telling you what I heard on the tech side..
                  The problem with satellite is the latency, which can near full seconds at times even at normal use. It's not a problem when you're downloading and what not, but can really cause a problem when you're trying to do something in real time.
                  I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Working...
                  X