How to win back campaign zones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to win back campaign zones

Step 1: Have someone with sneak and invisible (preferably 60+) to hide out and ambush Transporters from behind. As long sneak and invisible is both up - those transporters won't know where you're at, and attacking them from behind while under the effect of sneak and invisible will kill them instantly. There will be a ??? that will appear from where you surprised the Transporter - it will stay up for 3 minutes, and its for the Campaign Ops "Search and Seizure" that anyone with the mission can inspect after the transporter dies to obtain a key item. The trio will be passing by the same area every 2-3 game hours after you killed the transporter, and always take the same route. Only one person has to wait out the transporters per zone.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaNgPQkiIU0"]Youtube video of how to do it[/ame]

Step 2: If possible, have small groups to intercept the Divine Pilgrims/Bo'Dho Shieldwarrior/Clan Bear Fighters. These are the respective repair crew of the Beastmen Confederate. They come in groups of 5 and go straight to the fortification, always in a predictable path. It is possible for a 75 Thief or 75 Ninja to solo one of them but they need to be using Evasion gear rather than Haste/DD gear. If you intercept and kill all 5 of them their mission will fail and beastmen influence will decrease. However, the group of 5 will come at one time so it is necessary to have 5 small parties of level 75s to await them in certain paths they come across. If you don't have the means to kill all 5 of them, its still better to intercept one or two of them than none of them.

NOTE: if the allied forces are defending, these groups will ignore all forms of hate - making it much difficult to intercept them. Hit Gravity/Bind and have as many people unload as much damage on them as quickly as possible - sometimes you'll kill them and sometimes they'll beat you. If you can't beat them, destroy their nail bombs and belfries ASAP. You need to use pets to destroy the belfries to avoid aggro from the mobs that pop out - when they pop and attack, use release/leave and get a new pet for the belfry because mobs pop out every 30 to 60 seconds. Have secondary crews ready to intercept belfry mobs themselves - these hit much harder than those pilgrims/shieldwarriors/bears and will require at least 3 level 75 characters per mob.

Step 3: Pull the campaign regulars when battle isn't going on. Like step 2, you will need a small party of level 75s for this. This is a bit riskier, as you will lose XP, but on the other hand you can get skillups up to the cap of a level 65 character. A group of defending beastmen, over a period of time, will repair a fortification, but at a slower rate than the groups mentioned in Step 2. I strongly suggest pulling out the Imps first, then the regular mobs. If you kill a regular, another one will repop within 30 seconds, so it might be wise to have a dedicated puller. It is wise to have no more than 6 people per mob at a single time.

Step 4: During campaign battles, killing those Imps are the #1 Priority. These will heal and buff beastmen, killing them takes away their limited healing power they do have. Most 75 jobs should be able to solo an Imp, as they do not have good accuracy compared to other campaign mobs. There are 4 Imps and unlike the rest of the beastmen confederate, they will not repop unless a new unit arrives. Imps will occasionally deaggro to buff and cure the beastmen confederate unless there is a huge chunk of damage output going on. HINT: Barfira will prevent their annoying amnesia move from sticking.

Step 5: (For Healers): Cure the allied NPCs. Keeping them alive is a priority. Keeping them alive can make a difference between an beastmen retreat or an allied defeat. Focus on the NPC leader of an unit, and cast the spells from max. casting range, as the AOE spells will still hit everyone. (The weaponskills will either hit the NPCs or the Players depending on who has hate.) Losing an NPC leader will result in lower influence and moral for the Allied Forces.
    Last edited by Ayrlie; 07-21-2008, 10:50 AM.
    Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
    Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Re: How to win back campaign zones

The only problem is that Beastmen are constantly attacking and defending the strongholds and there is not enough players who participate in CB to keep every zone covered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are times every day where nobody is competing. This is what that influence bar tends to plummet to nothing and all of the hard work people did throughout the day means nothing. The only time this sort of thing really seems to matter is the few hours before Japanese midnight on sundays when Conquest and Campaign results are tallied. The last minute swing is usually enough to just nab a zone from the beastmen.

Still an useful little guide though. I never knew you could take out the messengers like that. I'll have to band some friends together and try it out some time.
    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
    Reiko Takahashi
    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

That 1st part is awesome, but also sounds like a glitch SE will fix in time.

The big problem right now is SE made the beastmen too strong (in addition to people generally not giving a shit about anything other than earning the most EXP/AN they can).
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

The first part ... I've attacked yagudo and quadav transporters while under the effect of invis and sneak respectively and did not get a one shot kill. Does this supposedly only work if you have both sneak and invis on regardless of the detection type of the targeted beastmen? Not that they're terribly hard to kill anyway. I think it takes me about 6 tier 3 nukes.

To the second part ... I've seen those Pilgrims a lot before and wondered what their deal was. That's interesting. I don't think I've ever seen one die though since from what I've seen it's impossible to get them to stop and fight. They seem to ignore all attacks and enmity. Gravity is the best I could do to slow them down.
        Last edited by Taskmage; 07-16-2008, 08:37 PM.
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I've taken down Quadav Transporter with only sneak, but I don't have clear info on exactly what the criteria is...

Wiki page for Bastok's version of Search and Seizure says that you need to crit the transporter without it aggroing you first, and recommends Sneak Attack. I've been doing Search and Seizure as THF75/DNC35, when I see the first Quadav Guard getting near, I put up Spectral Jig followed by Sneak Attack, get behind the Transporter, and and hit autoattack as soon as it stops moving.

However, someone else told me they were able to take them out by having Carby hit them.

It sounds like it may need more testing.
          Last edited by Lunaryn; 07-17-2008, 10:32 AM.
          Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
          DRK99,DNC91,THF90
          Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
          Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
          WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
          Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
          All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
          Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
          Clothcraft 24
          Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
          BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

great post here bro. I hope more ppl post there trials and findings so we can get to the bottom of this campain thing. We will own them soon enough!

Comment

Confirmed for myself today that an attack on the transporter from the rear using sneak and invis does instantly kill it. Also confirmed that both sneak and invis are necessary regardless of the normal detection type of the beastman race. A yagudo transporter aggroed me through invis.

Btw, the transporters in Fort K-N come from the northwest, probably starting near the coastline at E-7 and passing through Rabbitear on the Fivespires map.

Comment

/

Do you think a ranged attack would have the same effect?

I'll probably give it a try on sunday, but it's always good to ask.
                sigpic
                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Task: I have to contest that. Quadav do not aggro me with invis down. I have effectively killed them every time I've done it on THF like that, and most of those times I let Invis get cancelled before I approach the mobs.
                  Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
                  DRK99,DNC91,THF90
                  Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
                  Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
                  WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
                  Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
                  All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
                  Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
                  Clothcraft 24
                  Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
                  BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

I've one shot killed a Quadav Transporter before w/ sneak up by sending Garuda after it.
                    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaryn View Post
                      Task: I have to contest that. Quadav do not aggro me with invis down. I have effectively killed them every time I've done it on THF like that, and most of those times I let Invis get cancelled before I approach the mobs.
                      Well maybe Sneak is the only thing that's important then. I only tested on Yagudo. But the transporter did definitely detect me through invis even though yagudo generally detect by sight. He did the aggro "growl" and went into a combat stance, then made a mad dash for the fortification.

Comment

cool thing about the SMN att. So I will start to att them dam jerks with my Fenir. and BTW whats the benefit of the nation in doing the "Search and Seizure" mission? I'm thinking less mobs that are added to the destination of the transporter. I wonder does wiki have the <pos> of the transports on there, you know the travel direction and/or grid #'s

Comment

I have been able to take down an Orc transporter with a Fire Staff (57WHM with a staff skill that is FAR from capped) in that way. I wasn't wearing anything special, AF head, Legs and Feet, Seer's Tunic +1 and Devotee's Mitts. Everything else was just +MP gear. I tried it again with Banish II later but that didn't work. Can anyone else confirm if magical damage counts and I just got unlucky or that it's physical damage that kills them only?
                          Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                          Reiko Takahashi
                          - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                          Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrlie View Post
                            *snip*
                            1) Just need sneak, every one of those transport groups is Sound "aggro". And you need Sneak Attack or an Avatar to one shot them. Spent the day in Gusta camping these guys and it worked every time.

2) Soloed a Shieldwarrior as a 72 thf with Eva gear, never dropping to below yellow, with incredibly high Acc and a strong Bloody bolt proc effect (80+ per drain). It was so easy I was even able to nab the Transporter as he was running by and take him out while killing the Shieldwarrior. Only problem is that it takes 10 minutes to kill one.

3) I tried getting friends to do this, but getting nothing out of them really kills people's desire to spend an hour killing mobs. It would be nice if they at least gave you AN for every campaign mob you killed outside of Campaign. Hell, they could even make an Offensive Op where you attack the Beastmen, kill X number of them outside of battle and get a decent Exp/An reward for it. As long as it was offered I'm sure tons of people would do it.

4) Imps are such a pain to solo. Not because they're hard or dangerous or even because they self buff (which oddly enough they don't while you're fighting them) but because they'll stop and run away randomly, flying into the middle of a massive crowd.

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                            That 1st part is awesome, but also sounds like a glitch SE will fix in time.
                            It doesn't sound like a glitch, it sounds like it's working exactly how it's supposed to. What better way to attack a convoy then to Sneak Attack it. It's literally letting us ambush these guys like good bandits should. And it's one of the reasons I that Op.

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                            The first part ... I've attacked yagudo and quadav transporters while under the effect of invis and sneak respectively and did not get a one shot kill. Does this supposedly only work if you have both sneak and invis on regardless of the detection type of the targeted beastmen? Not that they're terribly hard to kill anyway. I think it takes me about 6 tier 3 nukes.

To the second part ... I've seen those Pilgrims a lot before and wondered what their deal was. That's interesting. I don't think I've ever seen one die though since from what I've seen it's impossible to get them to stop and fight. They seem to ignore all attacks and enmity. Gravity is the best I could do to slow them down.
                            As stated before, all you need is Sneak to take out a Transporter, Yags, Orcs and Quads are all sound aggro. Campaign mobs have different aggro rules then normal ones, which is also why Hide works on all of them...to a point.

As for the repair troops, when they're on offensive, as bombers, they don't stop. When they're on defensive, running supplies, you can attack and hold them off. I did it the other day, though I could only take one, but he never tried to leave or head back to the fort. PCs have troops that do something similar, I know Bastok has the 4th Centuria running supplies when we hold an area.

And if any of you are interested, the supply Quadavs in N gusta, both Transporters and Shieldwarriors, both follow the same winding path. They start around F-7, heading from Grauberg, crossing the bridge and heading west, following the far wall until they get near that large mountain in the middle of the zone and then wrapping around through the pass. They don't go straight to the fort from the north, rather they try and sneak in from the west. It's a round-a-bout path but one that keeps them relatively out of sight once they get off the bridge.
                            "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

4) Imps are such a pain to solo. Not because they're hard or dangerous or even because they self buff (which oddly enough they don't while you're fighting them) but because they'll stop and run away randomly, flying into the middle of a massive crowd
                              The imps only take off if signifigant damage isn't being done to them.

Comment

Working...
                              X