Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun with Endgame! :)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WishMaster3K
    replied
    Re: Fun with Endgame!

    We don't do attendence till after the Dynamis runs.

    Sadly, Dynamis is the only thing going right in my end-game activities right now. It's manageable, and the only thing I have to do is campaign for one night at the end of the week to make up for my losses.

    The LS leader sometimes will be like "Surprise, 10 points to everyone" instead of 3, lol, so that's nice also..

    Leave a comment:


  • Callisto
    replied
    Re: Fun with Endgame!

    We're about to start cracking down hard as well, it sucks because there's some events you just need bodies for, but sometimes I wish we could just purge the LS down to a core of 15-18 good, reliable people and have them all actually show up consistently.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: Fun with Endgame!

    Originally posted by Callisto View Post
    One member gets to Nashmau, then warps to whitegate, changes jobs, and goes to merit. One logs in during the run, says oh 'I missed event, guess I'll flag up PLD'. After being told we still have one more event for the night, they stay flagged up and skip Sea as well. Of course both of these members expect to be able to lot when the shit they're in line for drops.

    Then Einherjar itself can kiss my ass.

    Those 2 members would be immediately kicked in my ls. LS events are mandatory. Period. We had a lot of people logging in right before they would announce an event and as soon as it was announced......POOF....LOG OUT! Or people go afk or pretend to be afk and as soon as we'd go in like Limbus or Einherjar, they'd come back from afk "Oh damn I missed it, sorry guys!". So new rules were implemented and attendance is up. Surprise, surprise.

    And Einherjar can kiss my ass too.

    Leave a comment:


  • Callisto
    replied
    Re: Fun with Endgame!

    You lie, lol. Aside from one insane night where we got 4 Diorites in 90 minutes, we've had spans of 6+ hours farming with 0 drops, entire months where we couldn't get one.

    Aside from the quitting after getting gear, it seems that not showing up in general is a huge issue now for me. Last night we had Einherjar then Sea planned, we have to squeeze mutiple events in after Einherjar so that we can leave our members with 2 full free nights a week with no events. One member gets to Nashmau, then warps to whitegate, changes jobs, and goes to merit. One logs in during the run, says oh 'I missed event, guess I'll flag up PLD'. After being told we still have one more event for the night, they stay flagged up and skip Sea as well. Of course both of these members expect to be able to lot when the shit they're in line for drops.

    Then Einherjar itself can kiss my ass. We still have yet to pull less than 24 mobs in a single run, and yet to have a single run that didn't include Skeletons or Dark Elementals, last night we got 2 fucking groups of Skeletons. Mobs in Einherjar still have a pretty solid link radius, and apparently have very fucked up pathing. We found 2 straggler Skeletons, pulled them to the outside of the room...and instead they pathed through the entire big blob of Skeles, and linked 18 of the 24, needless to say we wiped.

    Wouldn't be so bad if Einherjar wasn't putting the LS bank in the red. We really believe we can beat it, we've timed out with boss at 40% pretty much 7 straight runs up until last night. Now that we get ampoules I still need 2 of the 15k items, but ffs this event can't be that hard, every other LS I see in tier 1 is like, 'Oh yeah we got 6 bats and 6 dogs with Buffalo boss, Einherjar is so easy!'.

    And imma stop ranting here before I get into the LS members I'm about to kick as well as the inevitable drama when I bump 2 of them on their item lists today.

    Leave a comment:


  • WishMaster3K
    replied
    Re: Fun with Endgame!

    Oh man there are NEVER enough Byakkos.

    If someone wants to do another fucking Byakko, camp Ulli. I swear, they GIVE away Ulli pops nowadays. You can get one every half an hour, it fucking seems.

    They're lucky I don't make a damn linkshell.

    Your pop, your drop. Anyone who takes time out to farm a pop item should be rewarded.

    But no. People want to bitch and moan and complain about Motherglobe or fuss about Despot.

    And no one shows up to farm, but lo and behold, It's Gods night, and we save Byakko for last, people BITCH.

    I swear, I really don't need end-game gear. Pahluwan is good for my RDM and Amir ir good enough for PLD.

    Fuck Sky.

    Leave a comment:


  • Omgwtfbbqkitten
    replied
    Re: Fun with Endgame!

    Yeah, it seems to be a MNK ritual that after you score either the Black Belt or Byakko's Haidates, you leave that punk LS that worked so hard to get them for you to join a bigger LS. Funny thing was on Titan, the endgame community is so volitile and unstable that most of the "bigger and badder" LSes broke soon after these MNKs would leave us.

    They didn't seem to want the gear that makes them good for Chi Blast. I had ZERO competition for Suzaku's Sune-Ates as a RNG and there were a dozen MNKs in the LS that never bid on it and didn't have them. Not that I'm complaining, mind you, they let my Holy Bolt damage get +15 MND sexier. Still, it screams MNK gear to me as well.

    Also, people in this later had the audacity to accuse me of hording gear and points as an officer.

    Um, I was the only long-term COR and RNG they had. I got Seiryu's Kote and Wyrmal Abjuration for hands on the same day because I had the points and no one bid against me for them. I got Sune-Ates because none of the MNKs wanted them. Wrymal Abjuration for Feet drops from Genbu all the frickin' time - this is hording?

    The one other COR and RNG we did have left the very moment he got the Wyrmal Abjuration Legs from Kirin. The very moment he got them, shafting our long-term PLDs, RDMs, RNGs and CORs of gear they could have made use of.

    While accusations were flying around, people complained we didn't do enough Byakko. We had more full Kirin pop sets than we needed and these people are telling us we don't do enough Byakko. Meanwhile we hardly ever did a Seiryu or Suzaku.

    Best of all was our Limbus runs. I was often charged with collecting and distributing the ABCs after a run. Every run, before and after, I would politely ask for assistance in downing some Yovras to finish my gorgets.

    And the all those people who I made the point to merit with, some of these people who wouldn't even be doing Limbus were it not for my efforts - they always left one I divided up the coins.

    I swear I should have held the ABCs for ransom til I got my freakin' Yovra Organs.

    --------------------------

    The people who are completionists I just don't get. If you're gonna quit the game or your job after getting RDM AF hat, just do this:

    DAT swap the Duelist's Chapeu in the place of Warlock's Chapeu. BANG, you've completed the look. Now you can quit RDM or the game without seeming like a complete bastard to everyone in your Dynamis shell. Don't be a prick turn it into Bilbo Baggins' Eleventy-First Birthday Bash - a celebration where you're just gonna disappear, if you're quitting the job or the game let the gear go to people that actually will make use of it. Bow out gracefully.
    Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 06-30-2008, 09:13 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: Fun with Endgame!

    OMGZ, are you telling me I was supposed to quit after getting my Haidates!? Damn it, I knew I screwed up somewhere!

    Ya, its so common its not funny. Can't tell you how many times we've had someone sit there and piss and moan about how much they want X item and its all they've ever wanted....blah blah blah. Then they get it and we are really happy for them and POOF! You see them with another ls pearl on.

    The rdm af2 hat...........oh lord don't even get me started.......

    Leave a comment:


  • WishMaster3K
    started a topic Fun with Endgame! :)

    Fun with Endgame! :)

    Originally posted by Callisto View Post
    So far we're at 2 and 0 for Xarc, of the 2 AF reciepients one quit the game 2 weeks later and the other hasn't made a Dynamis run since getting theirs.
    So anyone else notice that people "Quit" after getting gear?

    I'm afraid to go back to sky. So many horror stories of people quitting after getting Haidate. Horror stories of people getting RDM Relic hat, and never using RDM again, or starting a new character.

    The most funnest thing I remember from endgame was a BRD bitching and moaning about how he NEEDED the Osode, and how much he NEEDED the Haidate.

    A month later, he never came to events on BRD, and joined one of the 3 end-game LSes on Gilgamesh.

    I love this game. I think I'm content to be a noob for the rest of my experience.
Working...
X