Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun with Endgame! :)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Callisto
    replied
    Re: Fun with Endgame!

    I still have one at the moment, lol. I still don't have an exact date for my layoff, but it's either in 2ish weeks or 4ish weeks(Merry Christmas, you're fired!). I'm in the process of trying to find something comparable close to home, worst case scenario I can get a seasonal retail job for December while I look for a real one, that should subsidize things well enough when added to my 10 weeks of severance.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cotners
    replied
    Re: Fun with Endgame!

    Originally posted by Callisto View Post
    I actually had definitely thought about your first suggestion, and I think I'm going to offer it at the least, that should at least give me a 3 month buffer to get a job, lol.
    Get a job, ya bum!

    Leave a comment:


  • Durahansolo
    replied
    Re: Fun with Endgame!

    Originally posted by Callisto View Post
    I actually had definitely thought about your first suggestion, and I think I'm going to offer it at the least, that should at least give me a 3 month buffer to get a job, lol.
    lol yeah I kinda hesitated before I posted that because I remembered your job situation. It'll probably work out for the best though.

    Leave a comment:


  • Callisto
    replied
    Re: Fun with Endgame!

    I actually had definitely thought about your first suggestion, and I think I'm going to offer it at the least, that should at least give me a 3 month buffer to get a job, lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • Durahansolo
    replied
    Re: Fun with Endgame!

    Have you tried tossing in a "Why don't we all move, and if you don't like it over there, then I'll pay your way back dude (Extra Extra Sad Face). We'll just go to try it out...cmon man."

    Or the old "Man... Haven't we be bro's since that one party when you forgot your shield and.....(I'll let you make up the rest)"

    Might not work but they could be applied to RL applications lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • Callisto
    replied
    Re: Fun with Endgame!

    MEGANECROBUMP

    Didn't really want to make a new thread for this but couldn't think of where else to post it, and I gotta kinda vent/rant, and I know noone in my LS really browses here.

    So yeah, after being fed up with a large chunk of my shell for months on end, an opportunity has finally popped up to start a lowman shell with pretty much all of my closest ingame friends including my RL ones. We have a pretty perfect compliment of job setups, cool people, competent players, and an agreement as to what the philosophy and goals of the shell should be.

    The problem: the other half of this proposed shell is on Cait Sith, and my crew would be the ones to move. I personally am all for this, the more I think about it the more I don't like Ramuh. My best ingame friend, my g/f, and another close one are all for it, but my #2 closest friend, and possibly one of the best FFXI players I've ever worked with, is against moving.

    Not having him would be a major hit to the plan, as he's a fantastic tank who is somewhat irreplaceable, and the one person who when I play with we get into the total zone and even if the whole alliance wipes except us two I can still be confident that we can win. He seems pretty adamant about not wanting to move, though I don't agree with his reasons for it.

    If myself and the others go and he stays he'll have an incredibly hard time keeping the current LS afloat or reforming, which I don't want to do to him, or he'll have to become a worker bee in one of the larger shells of the server, which I don't really want for him either.

    So yeah, I'm kind of stuck, I've expressed to him that this is something I'm very set on doing, but that I really, really, really don't want to do it without him, and not really sure what else I can do to swing him over to my side.

    Leave a comment:


  • Callisto
    replied
    Re: Fun with Endgame!

    People not understanding to GTFO for bind cracks me up, like they'll disengage so that they don't break bind...then sit next to Seiryu and get eaten.


    Not entirely their fault sometimes though, like one time at Kirin I used Bind as part of my hate cycle, cast it in my enmity gear and Terra's Staff...and stuck it, mpking 3 DDs that were running next to it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Fun with Endgame!

    Shadowbind is a good reason to use a call in a macro though. We used to tell people from the get-go, if they lagged on god fights, not to join in until after the 2hr had worn off. No taking chances that way, and then the "oops zomg sry i laggedorz" response holds no merit. Win-win for us.

    Leave a comment:


  • Omgwtfbbqkitten
    replied
    Re: Fun with Endgame!

    Originally posted by Callisto View Post
    I keep hoping that's the case, but honestly he's an idiot. It's not so much about him being new or not understanding the game, he's just a moron. To an extent I'd agree that I'd rather have the nicer people, but at the same time it's kind of hard to keep that perspective when you lose fights because they're functionally retarded.
    Well I have had a couple like that who couldn't be fixed, mostly because they got it in thier heads they're responding to something appropriately when they're actually not.

    Its not neccessarily that they're bad people, just stupid. With people like that, I try to keep my temper in check and explain to them how to handle the situation properly. I mean, unless its a constant stream of fucking up coming from them, then I get a little more aggressive... usually where bind or crowd control strategies come in to play.

    People used to bitch at me for having <call2> in my Shadowbind macros. Well, there's a reason for it, its because people kept hitting Suzaku or Seiryu after I would bind them >.>; This means now other people have to suffer the annoying <call2> "You spank it, you tank it!" Shadowbind macro because other people didn't pay attention and were stupid.

    Its like working with lab rats sometimes.

    Leave a comment:


  • Callisto
    replied
    Re: Fun with Endgame!

    I guess this means no breakdancing battle with TM.

    Add: Oh man I gotta find somewhere to fit a postcount+1 post in!

    Leave a comment:


  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Fun with Endgame!

    Originally posted by Callisto View Post
    Actually I still can't get it to work properly, if I quote someone it's ok, but if I make a brand new post talking in all caps it only keeps the caps on the first letter of each word, been bugging me for like a week.
    You have to have at least one word that's not in caps. Even if you put it in white text so no one can see it (highlight lol) it's there and it counts.

    Leave a comment:


  • Callisto
    replied
    Re: Fun with Endgame!

    I keep hoping that's the case, but honestly he's an idiot. It's not so much about him being new or not understanding the game, he's just a moron. To an extent I'd agree that I'd rather have the nicer people, but at the same time it's kind of hard to keep that perspective when you lose fights because they're functionally retarded.

    Leave a comment:


  • Omgwtfbbqkitten
    replied
    Re: Fun with Endgame!

    Originally posted by Callisto
    One is a BLM and WHM, who is a really good guy despite being almost completely functionally retarded and an awful BLM.
    Well, if he's a nice guy, I think the rest can just be fixed given time and calm instruction. I'd rather have a subpar player with a good attitude than a good player with a bad attitude.

    Leave a comment:


  • Callisto
    replied
    Re: Fun with Endgame!

    Actually I still can't get it to work properly, if I quote someone it's ok, but if I make a brand new post talking in all caps it only keeps the caps on the first letter of each word, been bugging me for like a week.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Fun with Endgame!

    Off topic but Callisto's new title is LOL.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X