POL reports longer times restoring characters/data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POL reports longer times restoring characters/data

ya it's been over 7 days since I requested restoration (last tuesday), and ironically, today on POL bulletin board of news, they talk about restoration periods taking more than 7 days, well over the phone they already said it may take at least 7 days, so ya, maybe they'll mail me sometime this week, or it might take until next week.

but ya, anyone surprised they would bring out a report stating that restoration periods are taking longer than expected? I should of read it again, but I think they didn't state the reason why. I don't think it's because of some traffic of people requesting restoration or something. maybe they are understaffed?

Re: POL reports longer times restoring characters/data

Or there are a lot of people returning(more so then the usual one or two here and there) to FFXI during the summer... or they just have a lot of people to restore from the recent hi-jackings that hit people... it's hard to tell.

And really ... i'm not sure I'd be concerned how long it took to restore.. considering it would take you far longer to get back to whichever point they are restoring you too.

http://www.neko-sentai.com/users/dracovivi/

Comment

With the length of time it takes SE to do anything, this is not at all shocking to me.
      sigpic
      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

While I don't want to be the guy who plays the 'I know a GM card', I do in fact know someone who worked for S-E for a short time very recently, and while he asked me to not reveal the specifics that he let us in on, to sum things up they're shorthanded and getting their asses kicked by volume. However, at least they're putting forth the effort now.
        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

ok thanks! well if they can get it restored in less than a month, that would be great. wouldn't wanna pay a month just letting the content ID sit there. :p I wonder how many days on average it takes to get one character restored?

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
            While I don't want to be the guy who plays the 'I know a GM card', I do in fact know someone who worked for S-E for a short time very recently, and while he asked me to not reveal the specifics that he let us in on, to sum things up they're shorthanded and getting their asses kicked by volume. However, at least they're putting forth the effort now.
            A good life lesson is that whenever you ask anyone not to reveal specifics they will go right on ahead and reveal them on a public internet forum for the world to see.
            BRD 75 WHM 44 RDM 20 NIN 23 WAR 20 THF 16

Score: Maat 3 Prons 1
            Bard Maat Masher: Shiva Record Holder, 4 minutes, 47 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Prons View Post
              A good life lesson is that whenever you ask anyone not to reveal specifics they will go right on ahead and reveal them on a public internet forum for the world to see.
              Those are some pretty nonspecific specifics, though.
              Ellipses on Fenrir
              There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
              . . .

Comment

ya those minor specifics don't hurt anyone anyway. :p

I mean right now someone could leak specific media/news of the upcoming avatars/summons, and it
                would actually be a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                X