Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... who got owned thisweek in Campaign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So... who got owned thisweek in Campaign?

Looks like going /BRD and dragging mobs to the side to "solo" them isn't going to cut it anymore, guys. I don't know how things went down on other servers, but the beastmen came in and owned Odin's face in campaign.

Seems like every campaign anywhere faced multiple waves of beastmen last week, it was brutal. Odin has 14 regions under beastmen control at present. Windurst managed to hold West Sarutabaruta, protecting Windurst from being seiged. Sandoria kept Jugner and that's it. Bastok managed to hold on to Rolanberry and surprisingly Pashhow as well.

So, how is your server doing. There was a catch to the update after all, all that new content was a blind so the beastmen could destroy us. They're conspiring with the development team o_0

Re: So... who got owned thisweek in Campaign?

Well... I'm on a month break, and I don't know much about Campaign yet, but knowing Hades sometimes, everyone is probably dead. :X
    Originally posted by Yygdrasil
    Originally posted by Nandito
    Ponies.

Duh.
    You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

I haven't done any CB since the update, just Ops which pissed me off. XD But I did hear that the beastment have gotten a lot tougher and that people are struggling in CB.

Damn it, that means no more Campaign on my gimp-ass 59 WAR.
      sigpic
      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

I thought it was just me. I could have swore that I'm having a harder time hitting campaign mobs, but definitely there have been more lost battles then there used to be.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Nope Seraph got shit-kicked too. San d'oria is in the lead atm ('cause we pwn) but Bastok and Windy took it bad. I believe it has to do with that part of the update that says the Beastmen will do Campaign Ops that befits the current war climate.

Also, people are really being stupid and still doing the same old campaign ops rather than the ones the country needs (4-5 star demand). I've even shouted for some of the higher tier ones that had 4-5 stars and as usual, no one replies. Idk why Seraph is so damned anti-social.
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Seems the criteria for getting cities seiged is losing every territory that corresponds with your nation. From what I've heard, Bahamut and some other servers are getting city seiges, but we kept 1 or two territories per nation here, so we don't get to see that action here on Odin.

Comment

On Gilgamesh, *every single zone* except for Rolanberry Fields now belongs to the beastman. Straight after JP midnight, San d'Oria fell under siege, then Windurst minutes after that. Bastok was next, then another round took place in Windurst. It's pretty hairy over here.

Comment

On Lakshmi the /cmap says Sandy: 3 zones, Bastok: 1 zone, Windy: 2 zones, Beastmen: 15 zones. When I logged out there was a campaign battle in Bastok Markets. I haven't done that much campaigning recently but every time I have the zones were overcrowded with people trying to get their brass or mythril wings, too. You'd think with that many people out the results would've been a little different ... I'm glad they're tweaking the balance of campaign so that a few dozen people can't keep the beastmen utterly routed but wow. Tipped the scales a little far maybe.
                lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

OH DAMN It's worse than I thought.

The only territories we have are Batallia Downs and North Gustaberg. I just finished a campaign battle inside WINDURST!!! :O was epic!!

argh but now I'm afraid San d'oria may be hit ; ;

I'm not sure if you have to just lose your starting area (it's happened before) or every single territory for the beastmen to focus on the city.
                  sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I didn't get owned.

Because I didn't do campaign. Doh.
                    BRD 75 WHM 44 RDM 20 NIN 23 WAR 20 THF 16

Score: Maat 3 Prons 1
                    Bard Maat Masher: Shiva Record Holder, 4 minutes, 47 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                      why Seraph is so damned anti-social.
                      Maybe that's because it's a server on an MMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                        Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                        why Seraph is so damned anti-social.
                        Maybe that's because it's a server on an MMO.
                        I was thinking more along the lines of "Physician, heal thyself."
                        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

On Diabolos, Windy and Sandy are under siege. Bastok controls North Gust and barely avoided that. Only outside battlefield held is Jugner Forest for Sandy.

There are a few problems with campaign that really need to be addressed in the next patch:

1. Voting has to be made more transparent and understandable. Right now, the explanation for each item is very unclear as to what result it will have. People who do vote now tend to be lowbies, and they've been voting for those missions which they can do without having to fight or group up. The only really clear "option > resulting OPs made available" choices are for Aegis Screams, Smokescreens, and the two crafting/gathering columns. Everything else is muddy enough you're not quite sure how your vote will unlock it.

2. The exp rewards on the missions you do need a group for really needs to be addressed. They sort of got the point when they made missions in the "military training" column have slightly better rewards, but they aren't consistent with the risk/amount of effort. Take "Pit Spider", for instance. If you blow that first sleep or bind does not stick on the Courier, you can pretty much write that one off. You can't redo it with the same mission orders, you've lost the tags. You have to have a good sleeper, and you have to have a good game plan going in. It's harder than it needs to be for the lousy 170 exp and 640 notes on the base level. If you took each of these types of OPs that need multiple players and tripled the exp/note rewards, then they'd start being worth doing, and maybe they'd get unlocked more often. Same deal with "Brave Dawn", it's got bonus built in for the rewards already, but the reward still doesn't make up for the fact that it's long/boring and you have to be a healing job to do it. These types of missions need to be exciting and actually worth it. Even at 5 stars, right now they aren't.

3. There needs to be some kind of discernable effect to stopping the enemy mobs for Search and Siezure, whether you're on the mission or not. It looks like something happens right now when you fail, but there's no real incentive to stopping them without the exp reward. Same deal with the supply mobs like the "Divine Pilgrims". I can stop these, and doing so will delay the rate at which the Beastmen gain resource points, but there's no incentive for doing so. It doesn't seem to weaken them, or do anything for the NPCs on my side by doing this. Most of the time if I went out of my way to slow down the DPs in Garlaige Citadel, I'm just going to get yelled at by other players for prolonging the campaign battle while they've been beating on the fortification. If by stopping them I could steal the supplies and strengthen my own NPCs, or enable the CA to give out temp items for a short time after... maybe you'd see people going out of their way to drop these before they can complete the runs.

4. If a main city, player or beastmen is besieged, how exactly do NPCs get out to go attack other zones? Shouldn't this be kind of the point of besieging the place? If Castle Oztroja is besieged, for instance, I should see waves of my NPCs attacking it, but Fort Karugo-Narugo might go several hours without seeing a single 1-wave attack from the Yags. Unlike now, where they get a 1-wave yag attack and 3-4 waves of Kindred, meanwhile we're lucky to see 1 NPC unit show up to attack Oz. Intel tells me that the NPCs always stage in their home city, so unless they have a higher influence than me in another zone they control while this home city is besieged, there really should be no good reason why they can leave.

Fixing some of these things would probably make Campaign more interesting/entertaining for players. The way they did things in this patch, however, we're not being rewarded for spicing up the experience so much as being punished for playing too predictably.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Comment

Ragnarok has all but the cities taken. Campaign battles in every city atm.
                            Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                            Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                            Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                            Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                            Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Yeah, Cerberus got stomped pretty bad too. All this last week, several of my linkshell members and I noticed that the CB mobs were strengthened (this was made apparent as I slowly died trying to fight an *NQ* CB mob on BLU/PLD, even after a body and mana boost pot). Fortifications acted like the walls in Golden Salvage, the suicide bombers got through to bomb our holdings more often, and several waves would be piled up at a time at each location, often times seeing the same boss show up multiple times each fight. They weren't fucking around this time.

However, this is exactly what was supposed to happen. Remember, by calculating the time frame from the storyline given thus far, the Battle of Jeuno has yet to happen. The Beastmen Confederate was curb-stomping the Allied Forces until that fight happened. Well, the tallies are in, and guess what's happening atm? Yup. I have a feeling if more people don't start working together, things are going to be interesting after next week's tallies.

No more pulling a mob off to the sides to "solo" it, and no more just sitting at the tag guy singing Etudes and whatnot, and AFKing in the cities might not be a good idea anymore now, too (if the city fights work anything like Besieged, i.e. if you're in the zone, you're auto-tagged). No more "I only look out for number one" anymore either; we now see where that got us. Time to chip in or pack it up!
                              Last edited by LilithAngel; 06-15-2008, 01:45 PM. Reason: Only Mer. Mountains [S] is in Allied hands. Beastmen have 17 holdings. Yikes! o.O!

Comment

Working...
                              X