Am I ready for Aht Urghan Whitegate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I ready for Aht Urghan Whitegate?

Nearing 49 on my Bard, curious if you think I should stay partying in Garliage basement till 50, or if I'm ready for Whitegate. This will be my first time there, and I was already give the speech on how to use the tele-taru(s)

I've got all my songs and CHR gear, so whatcha think?
    | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
    2/5 WAR +2
    Farsha(85)

Re: Am I ready for Aht Urghan Whitegate?

I typically don't start partying in AU areas until about 54~, Lesser Colibri will still give you some major resist troubles earlier than that. Don't forget to pick up maps from the vendor right off the docks when you get to Whitegate!
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Go where you're invited to go. If you're invited to ToAU areas, then have access to ToAU areas.
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Zoltar View Post
        This will be my first time there
        Go there anyway. There's a lot of things that happen in and around Whitegate. Can't hurt to check it out even if you will still be EXPing in Garliage.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
        ------
        Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
        When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Yeah with the warp taru being there, Aht Urgan Whitegate is probably one of the best places to set your home point. You have access to your home nation and Jueno from there and those, along with Whitegate itself, are the main focal points for things done in FFXI. You can't go wrong by setting your home point in Whitegate.
          Life is all about decisions. It is the decisions you make in life that shape you.
          sigpic

Comment

cool, thanks ppl...sounds like I'm staying in Garliage for a couple more days then...no worries...^^
            | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
            2/5 WAR +2
            Farsha(85)

Comment

I suggest setting your HP there ahead of time, I forget exactly when I went, but it was pretty close to 50.

That way you can make good use of instant warp scrolls. Say you're in Jeuno flagged (or even not flagged, it happens to me ) and someone wants to drop you an invite, you can just get a warp scroll from the Jeuno gate gaurd, warp to your HomePoint at white gate, and get a new warp scroll from the fountain gaurd guy.

The first thing you want to do in Aht Urghan if no one's told you before is to do the missions. The third mission tells you to go to one of the assault staging points. Go to the Halvung one. It's a little harrowing because there's a lot of agroables on the way, but it's worth it as it gives you access to conquest points, sanction, that mog locker (safe? Sic) thing. You also get to "attune" yourself for the runic portal there, which will be mind blowingly effecient.

Sorry to tell you things you probably already know,but it gets really awkward when everyone wants to party at Mount Zhaylom and you don't have the runic portal acess. Also sanction is a must, especially for warp scrolls
              BRD 75 WHM 44 RDM 20 NIN 23 WAR 20 THF 16

Score: Maat 3 Prons 1
              Bard Maat Masher: Shiva Record Holder, 4 minutes, 47 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Temagori View Post
                Yeah with the warp taru being there, Aht Urgan Whitegate is probably one of the best places to set your home point. You have access to your home nation and Jueno from there and those, along with Whitegate itself, are the main focal points for things done in FFXI. You can't go wrong by setting your home point in Whitegate.
                I prefer to stay in my hometown and use the guy that warps me to Whitegate for 300 gil. You have to do that booooooring quest to use him but its well worth the effort.
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Agreed. No reason to set HP in Laggate when you can warp there from your nation of allegiance for a mere 300G after doing an easy 10 minute quest. Home Nation -> Whitegate warping is cheaper and more reliable than Whitegate -> Home Nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Prons View Post
                    I suggest setting your HP there ahead of time, I forget exactly when I went, but it was pretty close to 50.

That way you can make good use of instant warp scrolls. Say you're in Jeuno flagged (or even not flagged, it happens to me ) and someone wants to drop you an invite, you can just get a warp scroll from the Jeuno gate gaurd, warp to your HomePoint at white gate, and get a new warp scroll from the fountain gaurd guy.

Isn't this a waste? If you're in Jeuno already you can either change to BLM and Warp if you have it leveled or change to a lv1 job and die right outside of town.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

Working...
                    X