No announcement yet.

Do you consider multiboxing cheating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you consider multiboxing cheating?

I would call it my sex box three sex-ay. Because I'm a douche.

Comment

Well, most 360 fans are.

Comment

I am not a fan!

Comment

I wonder why the people who voted yes haven't posted to explain why.

Comment

I don't think it's cheating. Like Murphie said, those of us who multi-box know the in-and-outs of the game pretty well. Your not going to miss out much by multi-boxing and using some common sense, which seems to be lacking in certain individuals so it might give a bad rep to the rest of us.

As far as the awareness of the surroundings . . .if they didn't pick that up during their 1st character's lvl 1-20 they never are regardless if they have a PL or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
              I wonder why the people who voted yes haven't posted to explain why.
              They're douches!

Comment

I would have to agree with the don't PL yourself stance. It really robs you from learning the job. To save time and gil though, tele's, raise, extra inventory space, I am totally for it. I have used my wife's WHM to raise my BST when I am getting use to a new area, or when the gods titled [GM] decide it is my day to die...alot. Those reraise earrings get expensive at times.

I loved the time I leveled RDM through the dunes and the second time my wife's mithra magically zoned in for raise 4 seconds after the tank died and the whole PT was like WTF?!

Comment

I'm not sure I would have the patience to PL myself on any sort of regular basis anyway. But it would be nice to have the backup there just in case things get rough (such as it did this weekend when I was trying to learn a few BLU spells).

Comment

The only thing that really matters is the ToS. According to a GM I spoke with early in my days online, Multi-boxing is not against the ToS and is a perfectly legitimate way for players to play. After all, you have to pay for multiple, full accounts in order to do it.

Comment

My answer is No, because cheating is not right.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamen Rider Kiva View Post
                        My answer is No, because cheating is not right.
                        How would you consider it cheating?

I have 3 computers at my house and 2 people that play FFXI one of my accounts has been re-activated from 3-4 years ago with a 51drg/25thf, the ONLY thing I've done with that account is farm for my 2 new accounts that my girlfriend and I play- as it stands right now having a mithra that can sit in the zone and collect all of the items I farm up is rather nice, having leveled her enough to cast Warp is even better.

I haven't tried to PL any of the groups yet and I probably won't, I'm a bit apprehensive of power leveling mainly because it gives a lot of new players a false sense of security and bad habits.

The most recent example was a party in the Yuthunga(?) Jungle when Viv and I were trying to hit 30, thanks to the tank being solely reliant on power leveling until that party I was killed more times than I could count because!!!! "I'm not used to provoking off the person healing me." if I ever see that in a chat log again I'm going to lose my mind and the restraints on my tongue... not only have I made sailors blush I also had a marine captain threaten to stab me if I diddnt shut up.
                        sigpic

Comment

One of my fabourite plus sides when dual boxing: Adventurer Recruitment Program

You have to love the new Lunar/Sol Caps :3

Comment

i have a friend who plays with about 34398242 accounts and is decked out because of it
                            he used them to kill KA about 30 times till he got a belt; 1 account couldn't do that
                            he uses them to monopolize old sk00l HNMs against RMT everyday (i guess a legit player > rmt getting the mob)
                            from killing bune, cassie, etc as well as mobs like big bomb and fishing devil manta with a bunch of accounts he is well on his way to mandau
                            i think he only needs like 20 more million or something

fk yes

Comment

Originally posted by 711rocks View Post
                              i have a friend who plays with about 34398242 accounts and is decked out because of it
                              Sounds like he needs some friends, and a life.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenintoshadows View Post
                                Sounds like he needs some friends, and a life.
                                I'm leaning more towards an intervention...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X