lvl50 BCNM Treasures and Tribulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lvl50 BCNM Treasures and Tribulation

Just curious of the sucess rate of those of you that have tried this and actually got the chest without popping a MOB on this one. Are there any sure fire strats to get the right chest or is it absolutly random?
    Dahc Ramuh server
    San D'Oria Rank 6
    RDM 68 WHM 38 BLM 22 PLD 35 SAM 15 NIN 15 WAR 10 BST 34 THF 15 MNK 10 SMN 10 DRK 10 DRG 14 BRD 15 PUP 12 COR 10 RNG 10 BLU 19 DNC 20 SCH 15

Re: lvl50 BCNM Treasures and Tribulation

Some people say if you pan the camera around so you can see inside the chests you can see which is the real one and which isn't. I can't say this information helped myself unless I was looking for something really obscure and just missed it.

Comment

1/1

i panned the camera and 2 were a little lighter pink on the inside to me but i really think its all luck
      Originally posted by Raydeus

Other than that the only thing I'd like to see is SE changing Homam so RDM can use it, but the chances of that happening are the same as those of me winning the Mog bonanza.

Comment

hmm intresting
        Dahc Ramuh server
        San D'Oria Rank 6
        RDM 68 WHM 38 BLM 22 PLD 35 SAM 15 NIN 15 WAR 10 BST 34 THF 15 MNK 10 SMN 10 DRK 10 DRG 14 BRD 15 PUP 12 COR 10 RNG 10 BLU 19 DNC 20 SCH 15

Comment

I've been sucessful 5 out of 9 tries. I always choose middle
          chest. I've got 2nd best drop once, (225K)and the rest usually ring and
          ore avg. 10K. It' pretty random as far as I can tell. I googled T&T
          and read some interesting theories but it really comes down to gambling.
          Beast 69 Blue 42 War 36 Pld 35 Red 35
          Thf 30 Nin 23 Rgr 17 Sam 15

Cook 100 Wood 52 Fish 31 Leather 30 Cloth 30
          Smith 22 Alchemy 20 Gold 16 Bone 15

Comment

So what if I am one of the unluck ones that ends up triggering a mimic to pop. Are they hard to kill? What lvl can they be soloed?
            Dahc Ramuh server
            San D'Oria Rank 6

Comment

The BC is capped at Lv50 so you'll be a Lv50 regardless. It's impossible to solo the mimic in this BC. Basically if you pick the wrong one, you die.

Comment

its random.

there are some theories.

1: the camera one. i tried this and i saw the 3 of em inside exactly the same.
                2: Diaga. u cast diaga but u will always agro the small one.

if u cant get ppl to do it with ya just go NIN PLD or THF. if u get Mimic just Mijin Gakure or Invincible/Perfect Dodge + Warp.

this BC can be duoed by a good NIN with Elemental ninjutsu doing the Elemental cicle and a RDM.

pr just get 6 BLM and Manaburn it. this will require that at least 5 of the BLM can be able to Freeze it twice.

Good luck and btw... im 3/6 and got Astral once.

Comment

Doesn't this BCNM supposedly drop Sorcerer's Ring? That's a nice chunk of change.
                  Lyonheart
                  lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                  Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                  Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                  Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                  Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                  Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                  Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

just go in as a lvl 1. If you die, you dont lose any xp >.<
                    Originally posted by Raydeus

Other than that the only thing I'd like to see is SE changing Homam so RDM can use it, but the chances of that happening are the same as those of me winning the Mog bonanza.

Comment

I have tried this BCNM thrice. The first two times as a WHM50, w/ blink, stoneskin, and a fresh Instant Warp scroll. Both times, I popped a mimic, and warped out.

The third time was just this past weekend. I wanted to see if it was possible to solo the mimic, and at least try to not waste 50 seals. So, I went in as RDM/BLU (with pretty crappy gear, imho) and set my spells with a focus on MND and Defense. I /randomed 3 times to decide which chest to pick (1-333: small, 334-666: medium, 667-999: large) and the result was the medium chest. I buffed up, rested to full MP, and attacked the medium chest.

Wouldn't you know, the one time I actually wanted to fight and I picked the right chest! The cherry on top: sorcerer's ring and a scroll of Freeze!

So, I warped back to Jeuno, put the ring up for auction, and just a few hours later, spent a million gil on items that I probably didn't need

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
                      WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

I think the mimic has draw in, hard to run away from.
                        Apothecary Owner
                        Mithra
                        BLM 75
                        RDM 75

Comment

Wow - what luck. I go in as beast, naked, because I've filled up all my slots with yag necklaces and armor from killing spree in Giddeus. I target center chest , pop a jug pet and give pet fight command. If pet attacks, it's a mimic and I warp.
                          Works well except the one time ( I didn't remember)I had a lev 51 jug and it's 50 cap. This is the only time i decided to change my plan, attack the chest and then call pet if it was a mimic, to save a pet. Well, I attack the mimic bareass naked and call pet which doesn't pop. 3 hits and I'm dead.
                          It's a fun bcnm though, as beastmaster it helps me get rid of the tons of seals I get. Before i knew about this one, I was throwing out a hundred seals a week!
                          Beast 69 Blue 42 War 36 Pld 35 Red 35
                          Thf 30 Nin 23 Rgr 17 Sam 15

Cook 100 Wood 52 Fish 31 Leather 30 Cloth 30
                          Smith 22 Alchemy 20 Gold 16 Bone 15

Comment

Originally posted by Heartily View Post
                            Before i knew about this one, I was throwing out a hundred seals a week!
                            I think you just killed about 10 people with that one sentence.

Seriously, if you're throwing out ANY seals, I could give you PLENTY of things you could do with them... just provide the orb.
                            Kindadarii (Bahamut)
                            90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
                            70.3 + 2 Woodworking
                            52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Originally posted by Truece View Post
                              I have tried this BCNM thrice. The first two times as a WHM50, w/ blink, stoneskin, and a fresh Instant Warp scroll. Both times, I popped a mimic, and warped out.

The third time was just this past weekend. I wanted to see if it was possible to solo the mimic, and at least try to not waste 50 seals. So, I went in as RDM/BLU (with pretty crappy gear, imho) and set my spells with a focus on MND and Defense. I /randomed 3 times to decide which chest to pick (1-333: small, 334-666: medium, 667-999: large) and the result was the medium chest. I buffed up, rested to full MP, and attacked the medium chest.

Wouldn't you know, the one time I actually wanted to fight and I picked the right chest! The cherry on top: sorcerer's ring and a scroll of Freeze!

So, I warped back to Jeuno, put the ring up for auction, and just a few hours later, spent a million gil on items that I probably didn't need
                              Lucky.

Comment

Working...
                              X