No announcement yet.

A petition for installment of a Tarutaru Serpent General in defense of Al Zahbi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A petition for installment of a Tarutaru Serpent General in defense of Al Zahbi

I'm not quite sure how much of this would be considered role-play and how much of this would be considered a serious request, but seeing as I spent all night thinking about it and about 2 hours this morning composing it, I would deem it serious enough.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your Majesty Empress Nashmeira II of Aht Urhgan, 16th ruler of the Majaab Dynasty,

It is due to your grace and benevolence that a great number of the adventurers and citizens of Vana’diel have come to call the capital of Al Zahbi and the Empire of Aht Urghan as their home away from home. Your call for mercenaries to assist in the defense of the Empire against the beastmen hordes has not gone unnoticed; in fact, members of all five of the great races of Vana’diel have accepted this challenge. As adventurers and now mercenaries of the Empire our lives and for some our pockets have been enriched due to our experiences in service of the Empire.

However, in Your Majesty’s haste to set up an acceptable defense for the capital of Al Zahbi against the rising tide of beastmen, it is in this humble servants’ opinion that an egregious oversight has been made in the selection of Your Majesty’s Serpent Generals. Let me first state that I do not doubt any of the current Serpent General’s fighting prowess, tactical ability or loyalty to the Empire, but it has been noticed that not all five of the great races of Vana’diel are truly represented by the Serpent Generals and and in effect by the Empire itself.

Therefore I would like to request the installment of a member of the proud Tarutaru race as the sixth Serpent General, bestowed with one of these three titles: Starserpent General, Lightserpent General, or Voidserpent General.

No doubt you have heard from your most trusted advisers about the great magic that the Tarutaru weave. It is these magic spells that were essential in the defense of the middle lands during the Crystal War, magic that felled foes and healed allies, and even magic that summoned great beasts were used to drive beastmen out of the great cities of Vana’diel, not unlike the predicament the Empire finds itself in today. I assure you quite large are the lives that we lead. Also, the resources that the Tarutaru have to offer would be of great benefit to the continued defense of the Empire against the beastmen.

It is with deep sadness that I call upon my fellow Tarutaru brethren to boycott any further defense of the capital of Al Zahbi until this matter is resolved. I will not stand in the way of others who give aid in the defense of Al Zahbi, but I ask for the support of my fellow mercenaries of Aht Urghan in the form of signatures in this request. It would be a shame if the magnificent city of Al Zahbi and the benevolent Empire of Aht Urghan were to suffer due to this grevious miscalculation.

I humbly await Your Majesty’s response.

Sincerely,

Heezeemeezee, Tarutaru Black Mage (Midgardsormr)
    Federation of Windurst, Rank 5
    Aht Urghan Mercenary, Private Second Class

Callisto, Red Mage (Ramuh)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you wish to support my endeavour please sign with your name, race, job, etc. as I've done, and I'll add your name to the list
    Last edited by CruzMissile; 02-23-2008, 10:19 AM.
    Ex FF11 player ; ;

Re: A petition for installment of a Tarutaru Serpent General in defense of Al Zahbi

Hasn't one existed in the past?

Comment

Re: A petition for installment of a Tarutaru Serpent General in defense of Al Zahbi

I'm not sure I understand. If it's just role play, why is it in the general FFXI forum? And if it's a serious request, why would it have a role play aspect? Beyond that, if it's a serious request, why do you expect a petition to work?

Comment

I'm not sure if it's quite that simple...

Serpent Generals

These five generals have been personally charged by the Empress with the defense of Al Zahbi. They are each allowed a name that corresponds with the symbols of the Empire. The Imperial symbols consist of five serpents, each associated with an element--fire, water, earth, wind, and the heavens. Each general possesses a mirror used to open the Hall of Binding, so their protection in battle is crucial.
        It's kinda along the same lines as asking for a new Vana'diel race; it messes with the story.

Comment

You're all wrong.

There was, in fact almost a Tarutaru Serpent General, but . . .
          Originally posted by Armando
          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
          Originally posted by Armando
          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
          Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
            You're all wrong.

There was, in fact almost a Tarutaru Serpent General, but . . .
            the galka ate him?
            I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Galka don't eat tarus! No matter what propagandist art you've seen may try to suggest.

Comment

Galka don't eat tarus!
                I was in an LS. Called WeEatTarutarus.

The shellholder and founder was a Galka.

I can promise you that you are incorrect.

Comment

Just because your friends are liars doesn't prove anything!

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                    your friends are liars
                    No, my friends are bastards. Assholes. Cynics to the point of pessimism. But not liars.

Comment

Also, liars.

Comment

The funniest part about the whole thing is that Murphie's title is "Tarulicious"
                        sigpic
                        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Sign me up on the petition list, we need new cannon ammo before the next Hydra shows up.
                          Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

It is not because I am tasty.

Also, Callisto gets an automatic "No thanks!" the moment Ping implements such a button.

Comment

if he's going to implement no thanks, he might as well just bring back rep.

Comment

Working...
                              X