Army Conditions Broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army Conditions Broken?

This is has been going on for a while now but as of late it's really starting to bug the hell out of me.

On Seraph, San d'Oria has 8 starts in Production and 7 in Skill (which I assume means our military?) and yet our supplies rating is still only at 1 star (as are our other stats)

So... wtf SE? This makes absolutely no sense. Assuming these stats are being reflected properly, we should be generating a crapload of supplies, yet we seem to have next to none. Furthermore, since we're so productive and have a very powerful army, why are our campaign funds still at level 1 as well?

Lastly, lately when I go to Rasdinice I keep finding the majority of campaign ops disappearing from the menu. WTF?! I have the Iron Emblem of Service! I should have a huge selection of missions available, yet they seem to come and go at random. What the hell gives? Is this an error on SE's part or am I missing something?
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Re: Army Conditions Broken?

No idea, this Campaign Ops business confuses the hell out of me.
    FFXIV Balmung Server
    Tenro Matashi
    PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

All I know is, they pop up and you need to grab them while you can. Sunday seems to work well for me ... it seemed to change when I gained a rank once.

Comment

Have you noted which Ops aren't being listed? Some of them require you to go to a zone controlled by beastmen. If all of the zones are controlled by the alliance, then you can't do those Ops. Perhaps those Ops aren't being listed during those times?
        Lyonheart
        lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
        Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
        Fishing 60

Lakiskline
        Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
        Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
        Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
        Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

There's only 2 Ops I do right now - Resource Procurement and Supply Manufacture. I haven't seen a Supply Manufacture in over a week.
          FFXIV Balmung Server
          Tenro Matashi
          PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

Take the the dude who asks for your opinons about your nation's conduct during the war. What you tell him/her will determine which NPC groups get sent out to the Forts, and which Campaign Ops are available.

Might do some other stuff but I don't know.

Also there is a time delay between these effects taking place after you talk to the guy and I don't know how long this is either.

Kinda annoying, we had a bunch of people on my server who tried to eliminate all the Campaign Ops except for the ones where you have to party up (train new recruit and something else) Which is how I found out about this.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

o O really?

That still doesn't explain the clearly broken statistics though. Right now we're producing enough materials to cover the entire alliance, and yet our resources are stuck at level 1! What the crap?!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Donkey View Post
                There's only 2 Ops I do right now - Resource Procurement and Supply Manufacture. I haven't seen a Supply Manufacture in over a week.
                I just did a number of Supply Manufacture, they're how I level jobs I don't have the gear on-hand for until I reach the gear I DO have. Somehow they always seem to be there on Sunday...

Comment

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
                  Have you noted which Ops aren't being listed? Some of them require you to go to a zone controlled by beastmen. If all of the zones are controlled by the alliance, then you can't do those Ops. Perhaps those Ops aren't being listed during those times?
                  I finally had one of the level 2 crafting one show up on Saturday. I went and looked up what I'd need to do before accepting it, when I did try to accepted I got a message like "Sorry, all positions for that mission have been filled. Try something else.". It wasn't available again after that.

Maybe some missions can only be done by a limited number of people at the same time or within a certain time limit of each other.

Comment

I've had a bit better luck in Windurst than in Bastok. Crimson Domino I was available in Bastok one day I checked since I got high enough rank to get it, and has not been seen since. Vanguard-X I is almost always available. Resource Procurement is always available. Security hasn't been available in Bastok for some time, though it's available most of the time in Windy. Supply Manufacture pops up periodically, but there's often a huge crowd rushing the op npc when they do so they don't last more than a few seconds.

The best guess so far regarding our low resources score and the perpetual availability of Resource Procurement ops is that said ops are very unpopular, so few people resort to doing so. Hence raw materials are always low. The unavailability of Crimson Domino might in some way be connected to a limited supply, even when we have a huge production capacity; if there's no raw materials, people can't make stuff, no matter how well they are trained. It seems to me like most people stubbornly stick to nothing but Supply Manufacture, and will just wait for more instances to pop up rather than spend any op credits on something requiring more time and patience (e.g. Supply Transport) or direct cost (e.g. Resource Procurement).
                    Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
                    DRK99,DNC91,THF90
                    Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
                    Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
                    WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
                    Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
                    All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
                    Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
                    Clothcraft 24
                    Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
                    BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

Perhaps the rating for Supplies is reflective of the amount of resources available in the zones controlled by your nation?

I've noticed that there are some battles where I can purchase temp items, and others where I can't. Resources get depleted as players purchase temp items, right? Perhaps the low rating in Supplies reflects the high demand on temp items which isn't being replenished through a particular type of campaign op.
                      Lyonheart
                      Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                      Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                      Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                      Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
                        Perhaps the rating for Supplies is reflective of the amount of resources available in the zones controlled by your nation?

I've noticed that there are some battles where I can purchase temp items, and others where I can't. Resources get depleted as players purchase temp items, right? Perhaps the low rating in Supplies reflects the high demand on temp items which isn't being replenished through a particular type of campaign op.
                        Said particular campaign op is the Crimson Domino series. Which, as I noted, is very rarely available in Bastok. It may simply be that the demand on regional resources is simply too high for the campaign system as implemented (for Bastok's areas on Midgardsormr, they get depleted to 0 pretty much every single battle), but if we are to consider Resource Procurement as doing anything at all, it makes a certain sense that it could be stopping up the availability of the supplies to deliver in Crimson Domino if very few resources are being procured in the first place.
                        Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
                        DRK99,DNC91,THF90
                        Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
                        Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
                        WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
                        Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
                        All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
                        Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
                        Clothcraft 24
                        Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
                        BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

We're up to 9 stars now in production, still level 1 supplies. I seriously doubt we're using up our supplies so fast, with that level of production that we can't get a better rating.

Also, at no point thus far has our campaign funds rating changed at all. I'm guessing this is something SE's going to address in the next update (given that we ever get it; been over 2 months now and still no word about it)
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                            We're up to 9 stars now in production, still level 1 supplies. I seriously doubt we're using up our supplies so fast, with that level of production that we can't get a better rating.
                            It could be that production is totally unrelated to supplies. Perhaps a high rating in production is referring to the outfitting of soldiers, thus increasing NPC involvement in battles. Or perhaps it leads to quicker restoration of damaged fortifications.
                            Lyonheart
                            Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                            Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,

Comment

That makes no sense though, because the NPCs tell me when I go to sign up that's exactly what it's for; making supplies for the war.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X