Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And you are outta here! (WoTG shipping delay)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BurningPanther
    replied
    Re: And you are outta here! (WoTG shipping delay)

    Originally posted by Exertim View Post
    I've been hitting the Retry button for the past hour now. SE fails on an epic level.
    I think it's past epic.

    We have reached LEGENDARY.

    Leave a comment:


  • Exertim
    replied
    Re: And you are outta here! (WoTG shipping delay)

    Originally posted by Jarre View Post
    Server was up at 10pm gmt when i managed to register, (3.5 hours ago) so give it a try.
    I've been hitting the Retry button for the past hour now. SE fails on an epic level.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vessiran
    replied
    Re: And you are outta here! (WoTG shipping delay)

    Heh, finally got my copy today at about 5p central time. Had to keep freakin' calling GameStop to see if they got it in shipment and finally got an affirmative answer out of 'em. And though I'm pleased as punch that I got it, I'm not all that worried about whether or not the servers are up for registration. I'm like a crazed five-year-old: just wanna hold mah shining thing in hand and can install whenever I want.

    Next thing I need to get is a replacement usb gamepad converter. My old one is... tempermental, at best. Works only if it's in a certain position. Any suggestions on good, working converters? My current is a di-something-or-other. It's blue and it fails.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jarre
    replied
    Re: And you are outta here! (WoTG shipping delay)

    Server was up at 10pm gmt when i managed to register, (3.5 hours ago) so give it a try.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nymphadora
    replied
    Re: And you are outta here! (WoTG shipping delay)

    Originally posted by Caspian View Post
    Grabbed it on my lunch break. The misprint made me laugh.

    It used to say:

    Minimum requirement: Windows Vista Recommended: Windows XP



    So, basically a 2-day delay because someone is an idiot and it took forever to make stickers. Oh well, nothing that can be done now. The registration issue is still somewhat irksome.



    Off-topic: I think its hilarious they recommend using XP over Vista. Is Vista ever gonna take off? Its one problem after another.

    Would have been funny if they'd just kept it that way and released anyway.



    Vista's not bad, although i can't quite get used to all the 'fun' aero effects. But I think once they iron out all the bugs, it won't be half bad. We're all gonna have to get used to it anyways, I guess..

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: And you are outta here! (WoTG shipping delay)

    Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
    You know, some of us don't fit either stereotype of the two portrayed. I'm niether a geek in a suit or a casually dressed dork.
    Never said that everyone fit the portrayal of the people in the commercial so I really don't understand your point. I certainly don't. My point is that that the commercial was funny (as in ha ha).

    Leave a comment:


  • Caspian
    replied
    Re: And you are outta here! (WoTG shipping delay)

    Just ordered another mac book pro to replace the one that got stolen 6 weeks ago. I'll probably end up loading XP onto it as well. Stay versatile and all that.

    My money is on Monday for the registration servers.

    Leave a comment:


  • DakAttack
    replied
    Re: And you are outta here! (WoTG shipping delay)

    Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    Everyone is having a good laugh on MS's dime.
    Not really.

    You know, some of us don't fit either stereotype of the two portrayed. I'm niether a geek in a suit or a casually dressed dork. I think most people who buy into these commercials are a little bit of both.

    Who wants to start taking bets on when the registration servers are coming back up? They must have assembled it out of left over rubix cubes or something. I don't know what could take this long.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: And you are outta here! (WoTG shipping delay)

    Originally posted by Caspian View Post
    Off-topic: I think its hilarious they recommend using XP over Vista. Is Vista ever gonna take off? Its one problem after another.
    Have you seen the Apple commercials?? Omg...LOL!! The PC guy stands by a podium and boasts about Vista and then the Apple guy leans in and says something like "Oh you're really into it huh?". The PC guy whispers to the Apple guy and says "Nah I reinstalled XP 3 days ago." I laughed so damn hard when I saw that commercial on Thanksgiving Day. There was another commercial that was on a similar vein that they showed that day too about Vista with the Apple guy. Everyone is having a good laugh on MS's dime.

    As far as registration goes, my husband can't register either. My son got through yesterday after 20 mins of trying but so far no go for hubby. And of all the people in the house, I wish he could register because he has the least patience. ><

    Leave a comment:


  • BurningPanther
    replied
    Re: And you are outta here! (WoTG shipping delay)

    From the journals of Burningpanther:

    Friday, 23 November 2007,

    The quest to register Wings of the Goddess, one hour into the endeavor...

    "This bites."

    Leave a comment:


  • Akashimo
    replied
    Re: And you are outta here! (WoTG shipping delay)

    Originally posted by Kailea View Post
    people need to get over Vista really.... its not bad at all, I have used it since day one of release and played FFXI this whole time, with no problems.
    I'm using it on my laptop, it still kind of screwy and annoys me to no end until i disabled UAC <.< >.> Which fixed most annoyances.
    >.>; Still, I'd rather use XP until Vista gets SP2+ is out, if it was up to me ~.~
    Oh and FFXI on Vista is more laggy at times than on XP.

    As to WotG, gotten it, the "new" zones are horribly laggy with weather effects on ;_;
    And just keep trying on the registration, you can do it~!

    Leave a comment:


  • DakAttack
    replied
    Re: And you are outta here! (WoTG shipping delay)

    More like /arg

    Wtfox SE? Just turn it off, count to ten, and turn it back on.

    Leave a comment:


  • Exertim
    replied
    Re: And you are outta here! (WoTG shipping delay)

    If it makes you guys feel better, you aren't missing out on anything since the registration servers are STILL down, /sigh

    Leave a comment:


  • Kailea
    replied
    Re: And you are outta here! (WoTG shipping delay)

    people need to get over Vista really.... its not bad at all, I have used it since day one of release and played FFXI this whole time, with no problems.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tsrwedge
    replied
    Re: And you are outta here! (WoTG shipping delay)

    Random thought... if they knew the registration server was gonna buckle under the load, why not allow expansion access for all for a week or so, and allow users to register during that time. Registrations would then trickle in instead of overloading the reg. server I'd think.

    Sure, there will be a few who torrent it and play without purchasing, but they only get to do it for a week, so I would think the damages from that would be minimal at worst.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X