• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job adjustments for expansion.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Fa...2007_Live_Blog

Originally posted by ffxiclopedia
    Warrior
    Ability that creates a benefit to WAR for claims. Something like a MNK counter that also stores TP. Used to help pulling. Instead of creating a new tank job, trying to imporove existing tanks.
    Monk
    Concept for MNK is to reduce TP given. Possibly adding something to Kicks - either a weapon skill or a battle stance that slows (kick?) attack speed and increases potency.
    White Mage
    At the time of the new expansion - new spell called Repose - a sleep spell. Also effective with scholar sub. Also want to add more teleport spells.
    Black Mage
    Recognize that skill chains are not happening and then no bursts. They are looking at lowering the resistance rate of skill chains in order to promote magic bursts. Also additions to transportations.
    Red Mage
    Considering magic to allow RDM to move up to front lines.
    Thief
    New JA "Accomplice" - it will steal a PT enmity and transfer to himself. Used with perfect dodge or to help a mage in troble.
    Paladin
    Considering a reflect spell to reflect damage from attacks blocked by shields.
    Dark Knight
    Design concept was attacker with magic. More dark magic specific spells for use in battle.
    Beastmaster
    Several new things. 1. Amount of HP with wait will be Greatly increased. 2. New pet command - Snarl - jug pet only order a pet to take all master enmity. A provoke for pets. 3. New pet food to cure all status aliments and loweing recast on reward.
    Bard
    New songs and abilities. Command to select a single target for a song. Make bard busier by increasing numbr of casts.
    Ranger
    New ability - Velocity Shot - ranged attacks will be faster and more powerful and mele will be less powerful.
    Samurai
    Concept is profession able to build TP. Recent additions made SAM too powerful. There will be some adjustments. Additions may include ability to improve skillchains - such as making them faster or reducing resistance to skill chains.
    Ninja
    Possible new ninjitsu with sneak effect. Possible new ability which temporarily rduces enmity and then restores it to previous amonunt.
    Dragoon
    Increase number of actions wyvern takes in battle.
    Summoner
    New ability. Restore MP by elemental spirits. Ability may also be tied to days of the week and weather. There will be another annoucement on SMN later tonight.
    Blue Mage
    New monster spells.
    Corsair
    New rolls for 2 new jobs. Add effect to quick draw where they can charge it like the scholars.
    Puppetmaster
    Considering new attachments and adjustments to existing ones. New automaton weapon skills.
    Thats it for job adjustments.
    Some hawt stuff in there (sux for SAM tho). RDM melee finally as intended?
    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Re: Job adjustments for expansion.

If any of this is false, I will hunt you down.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

No, this information is correct. If you would like to see it on another site, check out 1up.
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Paladin
        Considering a reflect spell to reflect damage from attacks blocked by shields.
        /creams

I didn't think I could love my shield anymore than I already did.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
        ------
        Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
        When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Rumor has it the SMN announcement is new avatars (yes plural)

also, meow:

Last edited by Gobo; 11-17-2007, 12:08 PM. Reason: URL was changed for pic
          sigpic
          Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

Glad to see SE realizes BRDs have become a bit slack in their true duties to a party, they've been needing to be able to convert AoE to Single target for a long while. While I'd like something similar for COR, I'll gladly accept the ability go charge mah Quick Draw lazer.

BST pet Voke, Nice. More HP regen even better.

Pic Above: lil feminine looking, but thats totally a Cait Sith.

Comment

The info is correct. I am uploading video of it and will post when its done. Just got back from fan fest myself.

By the way, they also said that will re-adjust again 2handed weapons. Which received a lot of boos and the devs kept apologizing and bowing when they said that. :p
              Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
              ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

They said a new SMN announcement later tonight, but that never came....

I wonder what it is, if they just said there wouldn't be more avatars.

._.
                PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                Currently Playing:
                FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

I wonder if Velocity shot is going to be like Hasso or if it's going to be one of those 3-5 minute timer job abilities. The way the description is, it sounds like it's going to be Hasso. It's about time we get Haste and I hope the RATK is a huge bonus.

Originally posted by FFXI's view on other MMORPGs
                  'Start learning boy, no you don't get a tutorial, this is man's country! Tutorial's are for little sissy babies who need their mommies! Now, are you a sissy baby or a man?"
                  Dymlos
                  Bahamut server
                  Lv 75 Ranger Lv 75 Samurai

Comment

God damn it, just when using 2 handed weapons was becoming normal.

I swear they better not go too far.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pai Pai Master View Post
                      They said a new SMN announcement later tonight, but that never came....
                      I wonder what it is, if they just said there wouldn't be more avatars.
                      ._.
                      They never said no new avatars. actually quite the contrary. they said there will be new avatarS in one of the upcoming updates.
                      Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                      ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Come on Alexander! XD

Seriously though as much as I like having new summons, SE can add all the avatars they want and it still won't fix SMN. How about addressing the core issues of the job first!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Omni View Post
                          They never said no new avatars. actually quite the contrary. they said there will be new avatarS in one of the upcoming updates.
                          The question is, will they be available for summoning? If so, how many?

Comment

It was emphasized as "Avatar(s)" plural, but not specifically 2.
                            Hacked on 9/9/09
                            FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Oh, ha. I read that as "no plans to introduce new avatars" for some reason.

Well, goodie!
                              PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                              Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                              WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                              Currently Playing:
                              FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Working...
                              X